Refusing to be vaccinated against Covid-19 is a ’sin’ & anti-vaxxers must spend their life repenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟738,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
there's probably some nuance in there. I don't think that'd include those with natural immunity or whatever.

I agree. The article also mentions that the people he told that to ended up giving others the virus, and then others died from it. That is an important distinction when compared to the headline in my opinion.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I agree. The article also mentions that the people he told that to ended up giving others the virus, and then others died from it. That is an important distinction when compared to the headline in my opinion.

agreed, it sounded to me more like folks that were intentionally careless.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,591.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Certainly it is wrong to deliberately expose yourself to known disease and then knowingly infect others. Read that way, the Metropolitan is right. But the author of the article slants it towards saying something much more fanatic, which is not clear from the quoted words of Met Hilarion. It seems clear that RT is following the government line of pushing enforced vaccination while pretending to keep it “voluntary”.
As a position of the Church, it has all of the authority that the official Church in Russia had in the 1920’s, and ROCOR was the result.

The essential problem is that there is no spiritual authority in the Church that can tell us we must believe scientists and secular authorities and their narratives. To vaccinate or not depends on the extent to which one believes and trusts in modern education, scientists, and governments. As I said before, such trust tends to be opposed to tradition in general, and a willingness to dump tradition because of what these secular authorities tell us. And if they are NOT trustworthy (and I think that self-evident) then the authority of their narrative suffers correspondingly. The war of fashion, which is modernity, on tradition, continues. The moderns in the Church unquestioningly trust the government narratives, and the modern scientists with their modern, pseudo-educations. And I fear that the Russian Church leadership has gotten too far into bed with the government.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tapi

Apr 19, 2010
Stockholm
✟147,794.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The pastoral response of Met. Hilarion and the vast majority of the MP hierarchy has been very prudent. In Russia, the situation with COVID-19 is worsening due to wide-scale disregard and downplaying of the disease. This has led to many unnecessary deaths which could have been avoided by receiving vaccinations and taking proper measures. The selfish disregard has in these sad cases weighted on people's consciousness and come up in confessions, as reported by Met. Hilarion.

Worse yet are the cases in which a cleric or a monastic "elder" forbade or dissuaded their spiritual children from receiving a vaccination, or exhorted to non-compliance with guidelines, leading to a person infecting and involuntarily bringing about unnecessary death. This will in most cases lead to defrocking, as stated early on by the patriarchate and lately by among others Met. Tikhon. Suffice to say, some of the few but vocal internet priests spreading outrageous conspiracy theories would not remain in the ranks of clergy very long should they conduct their activities in Russia.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,591.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The pastoral response of Met. Hilarion and the vast majority of the MP hierarchy has been very prudent.

No, it has not. “Prudent” would be recognizing that there are two very different attitudes and that each side has caused for concern. This is purely partisan.

In Russia, the situation with COVID-19 is worsening due to wide-scale disregard and downplaying of the disease. This has led to many unnecessary deaths which could have been avoided by receiving vaccinations and taking proper measures. The selfish disregard has in these sad cases weighted on people's consciousness and come up in confessions, as reported by Met. Hilarion.

Worse yet are the cases in which a cleric or a monastic "elder" forbade or dissuaded their spiritual children from receiving a vaccination, or exhorted to non-compliance with guidelines, leading to a person infecting and involuntarily bringing about unnecessary death. This will in most cases lead to defrocking, as stated early on by the patriarchate and lately by among others Met. Tikhon. Suffice to say, some of the few but vocal internet priests spreading outrageous conspiracy theories would not remain in the ranks of clergy very long should they conduct their activities in Russia.

Read my post, please. It assumes faith in the government claims, the WHO, the G7, the statistics they produce and the narrative they promote. You place a high level of trust in all of them and so are partisan. I understand why you think what you do. If you accept all that, if you believe “the experts”, then you will predictably take that side. Plus, I can see WHY you believe it. I understand your position, and do not think it outlandish or insane, only misguided. The virus DOES present a danger to certain categories of people, and HAS resulted in deaths. Those who work in hospitals would be most likely to have seen this. They would have seen the most distorted view, the highest concentration of victims. Their reactions are understandable.

But you of necessity MUST believe us to be stupid. You would have to show sympathy to our concerns and you don’t. This makes us prone to just ignore you (though I am not) and that is sad, because it suggests you don’t really want to convince anybody, you think your truth as obvious as the sun. Well I don’t. I think things are horribly complicated and intermixed, and there is room to understand and have sympathy with those we disagree with even while disagreeing. Until you take on the political dimension, the extremely high probability that humans are responsible for this, and VERY possibly deliberately, then your opponents aren’t going to listen to you. You can speak to your echo chamber in that case.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Antoni

Aug 17, 2019
NorthEast
✟50,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Don't agree. I follow Met. Neophytos of Morfou, Cypress, who says we shouldn't get the vaccine.

yes, and many others. Including Elder Efthymios from Mount Athos if the recent video I saw is truly a missive he just released. He is the spiritual child of St. Paisios and most notable ascetic on Mount Athos today. He just recently sent out a warning about this gene modifying experimental treatment called a “vaccine”.

I am a nobody, and a great sinner at best. But working as an ER doc, living on the front lines of this crisis, and now seeing what these vaccines are doing, I can only say that from my personal experience and knowledge, I’d rather have the virus than the vaccine. Of course, I am saying this personally as a person younger than 65 with no serious medical problems. I can see why some with very serious medical conditions may opt to take. But with the virus, there are after all effective treatments available. Unfortunately, these treatments are being suppressed, and such a coordinated suppression can possibly, if not likely, mean it is done so intentionally and with malfeasance. Instead, an experimental gene therapy treatment is being hailed and in some instances, mandated, even while effective cheap medicines and vitamins have demonstrated incredible results.

My brothers and sisters, there is something seriously wrong.

Most recently, an article in the NEJM just revealed (even as they tried to bury and ignore the results), that those pregnant females who had the vaccine in the first 2 trimesters of pregnancy miscarried at a rate of 82%!! That is horrific!

This should be worldwide news, and in more sane times, this alone would have caused a worldwide halt in offering vaccines to pregnant women. Meanwhile, the main Obstetrical organization in the US is recommending the exact opposite, that all pregnant women should receive the vaccine.

The fact that this miscarriage rate is not worldwide news should have any reasonable person question the narrative that is being coordinated and weaved by the many agencies, corporations, and governments across the globe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fr. Appletree

Priest of The Society of St. Pius V
Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

Speaking of conspiracy theory priests, the 'worse yet erroneously assumes these men are doing wrong with leading their flock, which nothing indicates they are.

I bet very few advocate for carelessness or callousness, but have prayerfully engaged the issue and have honestly seen the perversities at play, wishing only to protect his flock. I know a little something about that.

Yet compassionless callousness characterizes those who engage in a totalitarian mindset toward pandemic control.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fr. Appletree

Priest of The Society of St. Pius V
Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
yes, and many others. Including Elder Efthymios from Mount Athos if the recent video I saw is truly a missive he just released. He is the spiritual child of St. Paisios and most notable ascetic on Mount Athos today. He just recently sent out a warning about this gene modifying experimental treatment called a “vaccine”.

I am a nobody, and a great sinner at best. But working as an ER doc, living on the front lines of this crisis, and now seeing what these vaccines are doing, I can only say that from my personal experience and knowledge, I’d rather have the virus than the vaccine. Of course, I am saying this personally as a person younger than 65 with no serious medical problems. I can see why some with very serious medical conditions may opt to take. But with the virus, there are after all effective treatments available. Unfortunately, these treatments are being suppressed, and such a coordinated suppression can possibly, if not likely, mean it is done so intentionally and with malfeasance. Instead, an experimental gene therapy treatment is being hailed and in some instances, mandated, even while effective cheap medicines and vitamins have demonstrated incredible results.

My brothers and sisters, there is something seriously wrong.

Most recently, an article in the NEJM just revealed (even as they tried to bury and ignore the results), that those pregnant females who had the vaccine in the first 2 trimesters of pregnancy miscarried at a rate of 82%!! That is horrific!

This should be worldwide news, and in more sane times, this alone would have caused a worldwide halt in offering vaccines to pregnant women. Meanwhile, the main Obstetrical organization in the US is recommending the exact opposite, that all pregnant women should receive the vaccine.

The fact that this miscarriage rate is not worldwide news should have any reasonable person question the narrative that is being coordinated and weaved by the many agencies, corporations, and governments across the globe.

Due to the excessive reports of uterine bleeding, I would not be surprised if a lot of woman will have reproductive issues. There are even reports of children dying while nursing!

But they have opted, for no justified reason, to not actively collect data, but even removed the OSHA employer report mandate to reduce the reports coming in. Why?

Instead, they engage in mass censorship and tell those who are suffering that they are insane - it is narcissistic gaslighting on a scale probably never seen before.

Upvote 0

obscura

Jul 6, 2021
The Desert
✟4,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yet there's a wealth of statistics and information pointing to the vaccines correlating to a large rise in mortalities and injuries since just March of this year.

eh1khctljd871.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.