• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Recovery Prayer Request Thread

Discussion in 'Depression Disorders' started by Kristen.NewCreation, Jan 17, 2012.

1. teresa

teresa Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,639
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    @Tempura and @Jeshu , amazingly, I was in so much pain today both mentally and physically, but when I came here to this thread, all the positive prayers and remarks actually ended up helping me too!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. teresa

+7,639
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    :groupray:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  3. Jeshu

Jeshu Bought by His Blood Supporter

+4,773
    Christian
    Married
    That is great to hear Hope i get that as well, when i pray for the hurting then i receive for myself as well. God is like that because, the farmer receives a share of the first fruits. That is why actively caring and praying for those who hurt helps us through our hard times as well.

We serve an awesome God:clap::clap::clap:

Peace.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  4. teresa

+7,639
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    :groupray:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  5. FredVB

FredVB Regular Member

+473
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    What I have which has no cure, and is killing people, hasn't gone away, but I am thankful it does not show in any obvious way that it is worsening. I thank Yahweh God, and I thank you who said any prayers for me. I eat healthy now, as I have mentioned, which is a help to good health, and working against depression pretty well. I had started using hemp oil, over a year ago, to help with this condition, and I think it really has been helping. I would use about a spoon of it each day, with food I make. But I ran out of it several days ago. It is a trip out of my way, for me a rather significant one, to go where it is available that I can buy it, and I make sure it is when I have sufficient cash on hand, it isn't cheap, but it is worthwhile when it keeps me healthier and away from dying sooner. So I have yet to go get it again, I want to go very soon, may the opportunity not be so far away still.

6. FredVB

FredVB Regular Member

+473
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    This is a critical season for me, with the significantly colder weather. It would really bad for me to catch a common cold that I can't hold off, it is being affected by something like that which likely can shorten my life here.

7. Jeshu

+4,773
    Christian
    Married
    Did you know that garlic strengthens our immune system? We take one good size clove a day, (and four cloves 4 x a day when the first signs of a cold appear.) We cut the clove up finely and take it with just a bit of water. Because we don't chew it we don't smell to garlic during the day but our immune system is better equipped to fight of the flu and common colds.

Peace.

8. FredVB

FredVB Regular Member

+473
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Thank you for mentioning that! I had heard something like that some time ago, I often use garlic cloves. I will use them much more now.

9. YeshuaHamasiachLoves

YeshuaHamasiachLoves New Member

+18
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Praying for deliverance from anxiety and depression. Depression is really clouding my vision (metaphorically), clarity of my thinking, ability to get things done. Prayers would be greatly appreciated.

10. Tempura

Tempura Newbie Supporter

+1,604
    Lutheran
    Single
    Said a prayer for you bro. Asking for Jesus' peace to come to you and give you strength.

11. Jeshu

+4,773
    Christian
    Married
    Sometimes The Lord doesn't deliver us from anxiety and depression put He does give us ability to endure and overcome anxiety and depression and deliver us as such.

Be of good courage.