• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Recovery Prayer Request Thread

Discussion in 'Depression Disorders' started by Kristen.NewCreation, Jan 17, 2012.

1. FredVB

FredVB Regular Member

+473
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Spice, I pray, may you know that God is with you and working through your circumstances, to accomplish divine plans, and all things will work out for good with your trust and love for God.

If you are open to what things you may do yourself that works against depression, I have read, and am now doing this, eating leafy greens, like spinach, cabbage, mustard greens, kale, frequently, at least once or twice a day, will do that. I am benefiting, and hope you will do this and see benefits with this too. I can speak more about such too. If you happen to want to communicate by personal messaging in CF, I am open for it and would respond for that.

2. FredVB

FredVB Regular Member

+473
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    There is a great deal of information for such.

In studies, foods high in omega-3 fatty acids, such as flaxseed and walnuts, have been shown to reduce symptoms of schizophrenia, depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and other mental disorders. Leafy greens such as spinach, romaine, turnip and mustard greens, and broccoli are high in folic acid, as are beets and lentils. Deficiencies in folate as well as other B vitamins have been linked with higher rates of depression, fatigue and insomnia.

3. SeekerOfChrist94

SeekerOfChrist94 Grandma ♡ June 26, 1942 - January 10, 2017 5:32 pm

+1,914
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I'm struggling with my depression being a giant wave of ups and downs on my meds. Please pray for me while I go through this wave until I'm able to get to my doctor's appointment next month to change this medication. I've been on it for about six months so this shouldn't be happening. When I do get depressed it's extremely hard for me.

4. michaelaland

michaelaland New Member Supporter

+28
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    praying for you...God have mercy on all of us battling this terrible disease....

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Chaplain David

Chaplain David CF Chaplain Staff Member Chaplain Supporter Recovery Team

+2,240
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I am praying for everyone too! Remember, it is not what you are diagnosed with that is the most important thing. It's your response to it.

In terms of Depression, I found that meds prescribed by my doctor, referral to a counseling clinic and changes in thinking and actions really helped a lot.

Please feel free to write into the Ask a Chaplain Forum. Also, I'll respond to private messages but it sometimes takes me a day or two.

God bless everyone.

6. Tempura

Tempura Newbie Supporter

+1,619
    Lutheran
    Single
    Said a prayer for you. You'll get through it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. teresa

teresa Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,639
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    :groupray:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  8. teresa

+7,639
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    This offers me just a little respite and I wish for you to have at least one small moment of lightness:

9. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+15,045
    Non-Denom
    Married
    :prayer:

John's First Epistle is a great tonic for the believer.

10. SeekerOfChrist94

SeekerOfChrist94 Grandma ♡ June 26, 1942 - January 10, 2017 5:32 pm

+1,914
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday for my anti-depression meds that aren't working whatsoever. However, my therapist connected me to a mental health care center. The people there are able to give me free psychiatric help and there I can receive the help I need, as well as free counseling (though I prefer my current therapist, she's a treasure from God) and my medications from the psychiatrist will be covered there too.

I won't be able to see the psychiatrist until March 19th so please pray for me until then. My depression and anxiety have been so hard as of late. I feel like I'm spiraling out of control.

11. teresa

+7,639
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    :groupray:

12. teresa

+7,639
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    [​IMG]

13. teresa

+7,639
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    [​IMG]

14. teresa

+7,639
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    one hour relaxation with on screen scripture verses of hope

15. teresa

+7,639
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    [​IMG]

16. Tempura

Tempura Newbie Supporter

+1,619
    Lutheran
    Single
    Said a prayer for you. Try to take it easy. One of the hardest things for me to do was to accept that I don't have to solve something, to react to those emotions any more than I must. Not to say that I didn't need help and medication too, I did. Mainly benzos, sedatives were the best to take the anxiety away, even though they're addictive and doctors (at least around here) don't like to prescribe them much if I don't straight up tell them like it is. Anyway, one day at a time. We're allowed to be weak. God bless.

17. Jeshu

Jeshu Bought by His Blood Supporter

+4,782
    Christian
    Married
    Prayers asked for our friend @Press On who is going through a really difficult time right now.

• Prayers Prayers x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. teresa

+7,639
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Most Merciful God

We pray for you to hear our requests for your servant Press on to find some peace and rest during troubling times. We know that you are the rock, the cornerstone on which we can depend. You are eternal and never changing God of Love and Mercy.

You are the good shepherd and you KNOW your sheep. You know what press ons needs are at this very moment.

Lord, hear our prayers

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  19. teresa

+7,639
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  20. Tempura

Tempura Newbie Supporter

+1,619
    Lutheran
    Single
    Said a prayer for you Press On as well as everyone else in here. Hang on man.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List