Sweden
✟201,541.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't, it has to do with the transitional fossils simply being subspecies, and not TF's at all.

There's just nothing here that proves evolution or even close, only people who want to believe it so they conclude it, whether they be scientists or people that buy their theory as fact.

Your lack of understanding of the theory of evolution has been duly noted...

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
For a long time, Nye was a beloved children's show host, teaching kids about fun experiments, etc...

However, I noticed a recent backlash against him on social media as well in conversation with people.

Since he did an episode about climate change, seems like many of the people who used to like him, now no longer do.

Now there's memes of "Bill Nye the 'not a real scientist' guy"...claiming that his opinion isn't trustworthy because he doesn't have a PhD (as if that ever impacted their opinion before).

Does anyone who espouses the idea that they believe in climate change instantly make them "an enemy" to some?

How much evidence would it take before some would actually start viewing scientific issues as just that, rather than immediately thinking that every form of scientific research that challenges their beliefs must be a "liberal political scheme"?
Leave it to the Regressives to misrepresent the problems critics have with Bill Nye the Pretender. The major problem with the man is not what he has to say about the weather nor his past role in offering instruction in science; its his recent break-out role as an outspoken, unabashed SJW/High Priest of materialism and his current crusade to persuade our children that there is no God, and they are little more than animals that arose by natural processes, which can expect nothing more than a hopeless and lifeless future.

Maybe the man's "tribal instincts" were just being repressed during his 90's TV show?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟201,541.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Leave it to the Regressives to misrepresent the problems critics have with Bill Nye the Pretender. The major problem with the man is not what he has to say about the weather nor his past role in offering instruction in science; its his recent break-out role as an outspoken, unabashed SJW/High Priest of materialism and his current crusade to persuade our children that there is no God, and they are little more than animals that arose by natural processes, which can expect nothing more than a hopeless and lifeless future.

Maybe the man's "tribal instincts" were just being repressed during his 90's TV show?

Welcome to the enlightment, the age of knowledge not archaic understanding...

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,806.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do evolutionists have an explanation for the lack of what should be a vast number of missing links?

Yep - it is a falsehood made up by creationists. There's no reason to believe the copious amount of transitional fossils we do have is any less than it should be.

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟201,541.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Do evolutionists have an explanation for the lack of what should be a vast number of missing links? Seems to me, the ground should be teaming with these things in all stages of development.

In your mind, what would a missing link look like?
I hope you do know that we are all links, missing or not...

Edited for formatting

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yep - it is a falsehood made up by creationists. There's no reason to believe the copious amount of transitional fossils we do have is any less than it should be.
The cognitive dissonance is amazing sometimes.

There are no transitional fossils.

Here's a few hundred of them.

Why aren't there gazillions of them?

:doh:

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,209,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Correct, that "lack of missing links" was introduced to the public (to create doubt in the official theory) by a group called ICR, that parades around pretending to be doing real research, but is nothing more than an agenda-driven research organization that purposely concocts these doctored up studies to prop up the belief in creationism.

For those who aren't aware, ICR stands for "Institute for Creation Research"...here's the kinds of things they try to teach kids (and adults evidently)
ICR Discovery Center for Science and Earth History | The Institute for Creation Research

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In your mind, what would a missing link look like?
I hope you do know that we are all links, missing or not...

Edited for formatting

I already mentioned, all life would have to be a transitional Fossil with your way of thinking, hence missing links, if there were such a thing.

Your comment just strongly implied a missing link cannot be proven it is one or not, as it would look like nothing unusual since we all are one, and for all you know it's one of a same species. So we end up with a more impressive sounding "evidence" to the unaware, but in the end, useless claims/opinions. Like I keep trying to get across, that's how the evolution lie works, it's based on tons of non evidence so it tricks some into believing it must be real.

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟201,541.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Any thoughts?

I already mentioned, all life would have to be a transitional Fossil with your way of thinking, hence missing links, if there were such a thing.

Your comment just strongly implied a missing link cannot be proven it is one or not, as it would look like nothing unusual since we all are one, and for all you know it's one of a same species. So we end up with a more impressive sounding "evidence" to the unaware, but in the end, useless claims/opinions. Like I keep trying to get across, that's how the evolution lie works, it's based on tons of non evidence so it tricks some into believing it must be real.

I edited this, I thought i came across condescending, wasn't my meaning. Lets just say we disagree...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your lack of understanding of the theory of evolution has been duly noted...

I see, the oh so popular "you don't understand" defense. I would think that even those with opposing views to mine can see that is a clear cop out.

Make me understand. What exactly did I say there that showed a misunderstanding? Or does a simple disagreement equate to a misunderstanding in your eyes? Or, truth be told, is all that just a means if excusing yourself because you can't refute my comments? I
think the latter.

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟201,541.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Your quest for
I see, the oh so popular "you don't understand" defense. I would think that even those with opposing views to mine can see that is a clear cop out.

Make me understand. What exactly did I say there that showed a misunderstanding? Or does a simple disagreement equate to a misunderstanding in your eyes? Or, truth be told, is all that just a means if excusing yourself because you can't refute my comments? I
think the latter.

Well, your quest for the missing link is a strong sign you don't understand it...

Upvote 0