samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
For decades we have known that the majority of violent crimes in the US are committed by unmarried males in their late teens and early 20s. Most of that group are either black (or more recently) Latino.

The statistics are neither sexist or racist. They are what they are.

I'm offended! How dare you suggest that men commit more violent crimes than women. It's also against the rules and considered hate by the moderators (at least it would be if the genders were reversed - maybe there is a double standard here?)

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Or their behavior is the result of they're being illegitimate, unwanted, uncared for individuals adrift in a culture of poverty, drugs, and crime, juxtaposed against the greater world of success and plenty, but with no hope of accessing that world other than taking it, by force if necessary. And of course competing, often violently, with others for the 'turf' needed to accomplish this. Add the element of low self-esteem, often compensated for by demanding unearned 'respect' from peers, often under the threat of violence, and you have a recipe for personal disaster.

So feminism and the maltreatment of men are to blame for the disproportionately high numbers of men in prison?

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How do you explain why there are more men in prison than women?
Well like you im not an expert in this so I'm reluctant to say something I haven't researched. But my guess is that men not only commit more crimes, the severity of those crimes warrant harsher penalties. An example is sexual assault... Men do this far far far more frequently and with a lot more violence

The fact there's a lot more men in jail doesnt mean there's a corrupt justice system that prejudices men

Last edited:
Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Well like you im not an expert in this so I'm reluctant to say something I haven't researched. But my guess is that men not only commit more crimes, the severity of those crimes warrant harsher penalties. An example is sexual assault... Men do this far far far more frequently and with a lot more violence

The fact there's a lot more men in jail doesnt mean there's a corrupt justice system that prejudices men

Understood. I see how that could explain the gender and race disparities. Would you also guess that "Black people not only commit more crimes, the severity of those crimes warrant harsher penalties. An example is sexual assault... Black people do this far far far more frequently and with a lot more violence"?

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Understood. I see how that could explain the gender and race disparities. Would you also guess that "Black people not only commit more crimes, the severity of those crimes warrant harsher penalties. An example is sexual assault... Black people do this far far far more frequently and with a lot more violence"?
Again I would be guessing. I'm not from the USA but I'm supposing they are a group that are more impoverished and socially disadvantaged and that brings with it all the undesirable outcomes such as crime and drug abuse. So yes they probably commit more and severe crime.

But as for sexual assault, no not necessarily. Absolutely for men but as for the subset of black Americans, why not consult FBI stats so that your e commenting with evidence rather than conjecture

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Again I would be guessing. I'm not from the USA but I'm supposing they are a group that are more impoverished and socially disadvantaged and that brings with it all the undesirable outcomes such as crime and drug abuse. So yes they probably commit more and severe crime.

But as for sexual assault, no not necessarily. Absolutely for men but as for the subset of black Americans, why not consult FBI stats so that your e commenting with evidence rather than conjecture

I've been told more than once that believing the FBI stats would make me a racist. I was told that all races were equal so if there are more blacks in prison than whites it must be because white people are racist. I was told the solution is to arrest and lock up more white people until the number of people of each race in prison is equal.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I've been told more than once that believing the FBI stats would make me a racist. I was told that all races were equal so if there are more blacks in prison than whites it must be because white people are racist. I was told the solution is to arrest and lock up more white people until the number of people of each race in prison is equal.
Samir racial equality is about access to human rights. That human right also extends to human obligations within a society and when you fail to fulfill your obligations then you suffer the consequences regardless of your race. So increased numbers of non White in jail may well represent racial equality in terms of the application of the law. Now as to the person you were speaking to, id suggest you pick your advisors more wisely

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So feminism and the maltreatment of men are to blame for the disproportionately high numbers of men in prison?

Anyone can suffer from the same problems that many black youths face given a similar history.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Federal US prison statistics showed:
71% of inmates were black or Latino while only 25% were white
93% of inmates were men while only 7% were women

I've heard other countries have similar statistics. Why isn't everyone outraged by what appears to be a shockingly high amount of racism and sexism in the criminal justice system? I know some are working to correct racism but why don't I ever hear anyone fighting to put an end to sexism in the prison system?

These stats are meaningless without context. If you cant demonstrate that those in prison are getting rail roaded and others who commit crimes are not being prosecuted, it doesnt mean anything.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been told more than once that believing the FBI stats would make me a racist.
By who?? And what was their reason for saying that?
I was told the solution is to arrest and lock up more white people until the number of people of each race in prison is equal.
But the overall proportion of ethnicities in society is not equal. African Americans make up 10-12% of the US population. Whites are at about 60%.

Did this person want random whites that have not broken the law to be locked up to balance the numbers? Did he want equal numbers of blacks and whites or a balance based on population distribution? (5-6 whites for every black)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That happened way before feminism came on the scene. For centuries there was no long term prison for women at all.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

There's actually some truth to that.

• Agree
Reactions: samir
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
whatever happened for an individual simply taking responsibility for their actions. If you assault someone, shoot the kids, steal, rape, extortion..... YOU did it and that's why your'e in jail. I get a bit tired of hearing how women are to blame for the shortcomings of men.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I get a bit tired of hearing how women are to blame for the shortcomings of men.
I hear you. But there is a very long history of that happening:

Genesis 3:12
The man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me from the tree, and I ate.”​

Adam not only blamed Eve, he also blamed God for giving her to him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
whatever happened for an individual simply taking responsibility for their actions.
I wanted to reply to this one separately.

Yes, every individual needs to be responsible for their own attitudes and actions.

But that does not mean others are off the hook if they bait someone into a sinful act. There was a young woman here in the US that was recently convicted of 2nd degree manslaughter by coaxing her boyfriend into committing suicide. I hope that trend continues, and people who cyber-bully (or otherwise emotionally manipulate) people into doing self harm or other illegal acts are held responsible as well.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hear you. But there is a very long history of that happening:

Genesis 3:12
The man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me from the tree, and I ate.”​

Adam not only blamed Eve, he also blamed God for giving her to him.

You're 'spinning' the story. ;)

Here's the humorous version.

God blamed Adam,
Adam blamed Eve,
Eve blamed the snake,
and he didn't have a leg to stand on.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Zoii
Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private

Liberals.

But the overall proportion of ethnicities in society is not equal. African Americans make up 10-12% of the US population. Whites are at about 60%.

Did this person want random whites that have not broken the law to be locked up to balance the numbers? Did he want equal numbers of blacks and whites or a balance based on population distribution? (5-6 whites for every black)

Obviously they wanted the same percentage of each race in prison. Their masters told them it's racist to believe minorities commit more crime than white people but they have no problem believing men commit more crimes than women.

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
whatever happened for an individual simply taking responsibility for their actions. If you assault someone, shoot the kids, steal, rape, extortion..... YOU did it and that's why your'e in jail. I get a bit tired of hearing how women are to blame for the shortcomings of men.

I agree. Women who terminate/murder their children should be held accountable and need to stop blaming men for their shortcomings.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree. Women who terminate/murder their children should be held accountable and need to stop blaming men for it.
How about women teachers who have sex with their students?

While the sentances for those so convicted has become closer to equal in the last 10 years, before that a male teacher would spend at least 5-10 years behind bars, put on the sex offender watch list and be barred from teaching for life.

A woman teacher convicted of the same would get at most one year behind bars and not even lose her teaching license.

Upvote 0