Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Someone wrote " chink" on my dorm door.
That was racism.

I bet you figured that out without ever needing to know the race of the person who wrote it.

Nobody really uses the definition of racism that includes some examination of power except to defend instances of racism from certain racial groups. There's no need to defend racism...and there's nothing wrong with calling it out regardless of who says it.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
A racist stereotype, yes.
An argument could be made, given more context.

However,
There may be other things
youve never heard ofhttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_supremacy

Oh, and its not " racist because fight back"
To me, that is an example of racism.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,335.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I bet you figured that out without ever needing to know the race of the person who wrote it.

Nobody really uses the definition of racism that includes some examination of power except to defend instances of racism from certain racial groups. There's no need to defend racism...and there's nothing wrong with calling it out regardless of who says it.

I tracked down the perp from his writing.
Confronted him in public, but, I kind of sneaked
up on him with it. Not like an attack to make him
deny or get defensive. He, well, he was crying, I
put an arm on his shoulder, and it turned out pretty well

He is white but my way by ten thousand times worst
experience in the USA was with a different race.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I tracked down the perp from his writing.
Confronted him in public, but, I kind of sneaked
up on him with it. Not like an attack to make him
deny or get defensive. He, well, he was crying, I
put an arm on his shoulder, and it turned out pretty well

He is white but my way by ten thousand times worst
experience in the USA was with a different race.

I think you handled it well.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd go with black and white racism is usually not a thing. I don't know.. so much being said here I don't ever hear from black people.. you know me having to type black or any color.. just not right. .. anyway from the young guy (black) that comes over to check our new heating air (two years old) came from the hood in NY has a better job and gets paid more then I ever did at that age. Great funny.. has dreds.. is he black? HAHA has to fist bump me every time. Hes so funny.
just one of countless people I know. Black or white didn't matter to those that hired him.

A very old black man said a few years ago "racist was the last words always used.. today its the first". I'm going with he new far better about that then I ever will. Each race on this blue ball can be racist. For most or America.. there is no racism.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,335.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think you handled it well.
I like to jump up and down and pretend- fight on line
sometimes but not in "real life".
I was so worried I could not pull it off right, but
somehow I did.

Part was, I'm not threatening looking, too tiny for that!

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

241670_62d42e865154ddacd23203fa93c25961_thumb.jpg

Terms of Service and Christian Forum Rules | Christian Forums

A small cleanup has taken place. Please stay on topic by not complaining about why a thread has been posted, and also, don't flame or goad other members. Thank you for your cooperation.

MOD HAT OFF

• Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You tell me.

Watch this....

I like Glenn Lowry and McWhorter. It's not just because they're a couple of liberal intellectuals who agree with me and make me feel smart...

It's because as black men they're aware of the backlash they face for saying these things and they have the integrity to say them anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Black 'racism' in America is usually not a thing, and calling it racism is simplistic and only shows a quick counter to white racism, coming off as a knee-jerk response.

It is more productive to name it prejudice, bigotry or even hatred. Once they are properly labeled they can be better evaluated for the root causes.

Bigotry can be based on many different characteristics of humanity. Racism is a type of bigotry.

Prejudice is a particular manifestation of bigotry that may or may not be racial in character.

Hatred can stem from any number of rationales, of which racism may be one.

If it's going to be agreed that race-based bigotry must be combined with power to be "racism" (a proposition I don't agree with personally), then it must also be recognized that power is circumstantial.

Black judges have immense circumstantial power in their courtrooms.

Black criminals on the street with guns have immense circumstantial power over their victims.

Black teachers in elementary classrooms have immense circumstantial power over their pupils.

Black senior military officers have immense circumstantial power over their troops.

When a black person exhibits bigotry according to race while in a circumstance of power, that is "racism"...if "racial bigotry+power" is how you want to define "racism."

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Bigotry can be based on many different characteristics of humanity. Racism is a type of bigotry.

Prejudice is a particular manifestation of bigotry that may or may not be racial in character.

Hatred can stem from any number of rationales, of which racism may be one.

If it's going to be agreed that race-based bigotry must be combined with power to be "racism" (a proposition I don't agree with personally), then it must also be recognized that power is circumstantial.

Black judges have immense circumstantial power in their courtrooms.

Black criminals on the street with guns have immense circumstantial power over their victims.

Black teachers in elementary classrooms have immense circumstantial power over their pupils.

Black senior military officers have immense circumstantial power over their troops.

When a black person exhibits bigotry according to race while in a circumstance of power, that is "racism"...if "racial bigotry+power" is how you want to define "racism."
I already know what racism is. I see the word misused all the time

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums