Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You probably hear people on the right complaining about liberal bias in the media. While it's often described as blatant by the right, obvious or blatant examples tend to be few. That's largely because the way liberal bias often manifests not as much in the news that gets reported, but in the news that doesn't get reported.

The sad story of the Christmas Parade Masscre is one of the few examples of this effect that is observable in real time. As outlets like CNN struggled to come up with a motive for the attack or even a clear picture of who the attacker was...multiple online sources that are supposedly too biased and prone to misinformation (which is why CNN ran a story earlier in the year telling people to avoid these sources) were painting a picture of an extremely racist and violent black man who was a zealous supporter of Black Lives Matter and various black nationalist hate groups. It's true these aspects of his life may have nothing to do with motive....but when contrasted with stories about Rittenhouse or the white man who killed several asians at a spa/sex parlor....it's clear CNN had no hesitation about jumping to racially motivated conclusions whenever the suspect is white.

Well, rarely does the public ever get a second example of this bias in real time. Consider these two stories....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/8910222002

This is the USA today version of a story about a judge facing repercussions and pressure to resign following her use of a racial slur at home. She observed a black man attempting to break into her car, and upon watching the video of the incident, called him a racial slur. The backlash against this was immediate and pretty severe...many people and groups called upon her to resign. I happen to agree. Her use of the slur while possibly forgivable in the heat of the moment will taint any future decisions she makes as a judge. It makes her job performance questionable. This story went viral and CNN and NYT both reported it.

Now consider her black counterpart the same week...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...-judge-nakita-blocton-removed-from-bench/amp/

This black female judge didn't just use racial slurs....she abused employees and interfered with cases. She did these things on and off the job. I can't find a CNN or NYT article reporting this, despite the relative similarity to the other case. It's certainly a far more egregious example of racism than the other case.

I don't think it's any mystery why these stories simply don't get reported the same way as they do when the person in question is white. The larger left wing narrative that these sources cater to has taken the position that black people aren't really racist....or when they are, it's not really a problem because of the relative lack of power to act on that racism.

These points and the narrative in general...are completely false. There are racist black people and regardless of whether or not these racists have any power...it can be every bit as harmful as white racism.

I don't think that we as a nation are doing the black community any favors by pretending otherwise or worse, excusing black racism as something that can be solved by solving racism in the white community. I tend to see white liberals who are so quick to call out one and ignore the other as hypocrites at the best...and racists at the worst.

Even if you disagree with me on this issue....and I'm certain many do....if nothing else is taken away from this thread, it's that CNN and NYT as well as many other left wing sources are every bit as biased and untrustworthy as Fox News.

Thoughts?

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You probably hear people on the right complaining about liberal bias in the media. While it's often described as blatant by the right, obvious or blatant examples tend to be few. That's largely because the way liberal bias often manifests not as much in the news that gets reported, but in the news that doesn't get reported.

The sad story of the Christmas Parade Masscre is one of the few examples of this effect that is observable in real time. As outlets like CNN struggled to come up with a motive for the attack or even a clear picture of who the attacker was...multiple online sources that are supposedly too biased and prone to misinformation (which is why CNN ran a story earlier in the year telling people to avoid these sources) were painting a picture of an extremely racist and violent black man who was a zealous supporter of Black Lives Matter and various black nationalist hate groups. It's true these aspects of his life may have nothing to do with motive....but when contrasted with stories about Rittenhouse or the white man who killed several asians at a spa/sex parlor....it's clear CNN had no hesitation about jumping to racially motivated conclusions whenever the suspect is white.

Well, rarely does the public ever get a second example of this bias in real time. Consider these two stories....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/8910222002

This is the USA today version of a story about a judge facing repercussions and pressure to resign following her use of a racial slur at home. She observed a black man attempting to break into her car, and upon watching the video of the incident, called him a racial slur. The backlash against this was immediate and pretty severe...many people and groups called upon her to resign. I happen to agree. Her use of the slur while possibly forgivable in the heat of the moment will taint any future decisions she makes as a judge. It makes her job performance questionable. This story went viral and CNN and NYT both reported it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...-judge-nakita-blocton-removed-from-bench/amp/

This black female judge didn't just use racial slurs....she abused employees and interfered with cases. She did these things on and off the job. I can't find a CNN or NYT article reporting this, despite the relative similarity to the other case. It's certainly a far more egregious example of racism than the other case.

I don't think it's any mystery why these stories simply don't get reported the same way as they do when the person in question is white. The larger left wing narrative that these sources cater to has taken the position that black people aren't really racist....or when they are, it's not really a problem because of the relative lack of power to act on that racism.

These points and the narrative in general...are completely false. There are racist black people and regardless of whether or not these racists have any power...it can be every bit as harmful as white racism.

I don't think that we as a nation are doing the black community any favors by pretending otherwise or worse, excusing black racism as something that can be solved by solving racism in the white community. I tend to see white liberals who are so quick to call out one and ignore the other as hypocrites at the best...and racists at the worst.

Even if you disagree with me on this issue....and I'm certain many do....if nothing else is taken away from this thread, it's that CNN and NYT as well as many other left wing sources are every bit as biased and untrustworthy as Fox News.

Thoughts?
from the article "None of the speakers heard in the video are seen during the clip, but multiple voices can be heard repeatedly saying the n-word." we do not know that she said anything or that she even knew it was said, as was it a white person saying the n word or a black person, it seems to make a big difference.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
from the article "None of the speakers heard in the video are seen during the clip, but multiple voices can be heard repeatedly saying the n-word." we do not know that she said anything or that she even knew it was said, as was it a white person saying the n word or a black person, it seems to make a big difference.

You're talking about the white judge?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

Thoughts?

Black 'racism' in America is usually not a thing, and calling it racism is simplistic and only shows a quick counter to white racism, coming off as a knee-jerk response.

It is more productive to name it prejudice, bigotry or even hatred. Once they are properly labeled they can be better evaluated for the root causes.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,437.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Black 'racism' in America is usually not a thing, and calling it racism is simplistic and only shows a quick counter to white racism, coming off as a knee-jerk response.

It is more productive to name it prejudice, bigotry or even hatred. Once they are properly labeled they can be better evaluated for the root causes.

Correct label is "racist"

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Correct label is "racist"
If that is what is believed, then please present any supporting facts which support that belief.

A black judge calling other blacks with words which describe those specific individuals as sellouts, is not racist.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,437.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
If that is what is believed, then please present any supporting facts which support that belief.

A black judge calling other blacks with words which describe those specific individuals as sellouts, is not racist.

That last rare event may not be, but then
as many white people as are anti white makes me
think racism could enter into it.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Nah it's just racism.

Pretending that it's something different isn't helpful and really just shows who has bought into this left wing narrative.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

What do you consider a standard sort of racist belief? A negative view of interracial marriage?

I disagree. The view there is that a correct way to be "black" exists. There's no real white equivalent apart from "race traitor" which is explicitly racist.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Racism
:
a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

: behavior or attitudes that reflect and foster this belief : racial discrimination or prejudice

: the systemic oppression of a racial group to the social, economic, and political advantage of another

: a political or social system founded on racism and designed to execute its principles

No pretending here, just a definition. I cannot really remember at any time in American history the black race has oppressed the white race. I've never heard it said from American black people that they believe their race is superior to the white race. The political system in America was founded by whites, and those whites created a political system which oppressed other races. This is why using more accurate terms to define the actions of people is better. Just blurting out 'that's racist' is intellectually lazy and based on ignorance.

I think it's self evident which posters have bought into the right wing narrative that blacks are racist because they are fighting back against real racism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Racism
:
a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

: behavior or attitudes that reflect and foster this belief : racial discrimination or prejudice

: the systemic oppression of a racial group to the social, economic, and political advantage of another

: a political or social system founded on racism and designed to execute its principles

No pretending here, just a definition. I cannot really remember at any time in American history the black race has oppressed the white race. I've never heard it said from American black people that they believe their race is superior to the white race. The political system in America was founded by whites, and those whites created a political system which oppressed other races. This is why using more accurate terms to define the actions of people is better. Just blurting out 'that's racist' is intellectually lazy and based on ignorance.

I think it's self evident which posters have bought into the right wing narrative that blacks are racist because they are fighting back against real racism.

racism noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes | Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary at OxfordLearnersDictionaries.com

-the unfair treatment of people who belong to a different race; violent behaviour towards them

-the belief that some races of people are better than others, or a general belief about a whole group of people based only on their race

Just a definition here...

Let's be honest, you don't really engage in some measurement of power before determining if a statement is racist.

If you were to walk into a room a see the following words written on a wall...

"Latinos are lazy people"

You wouldn't say that is a racist statement? Of course you would...you don't even have to know what the race of the person who wrote it is.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That is a stereotype.

Really?

So if I were to post an article about some black students or teachers finding a racist statement or graffiti written on a wall somewhere....and reporting it to authorities as racial hatred or bigotry....

You would disagree because they don't actually know the race of the person who wrote it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You tell me.

I've pretty well demonstrated that your definition is untenable. Nobody actually uses it except to defend racist statements made by non-whites.

I'd point out that not only does no on actually use this definition in real life (with the exception of defending racist statements made by black people, as you have in this thread) but it becomes a genuine problem if a black person or other minority actually believes this is a valid definition. It may give them the impression that they can make racist statements and generalizations with impunity....and according to the law, they cannot. Telling a black person they aren't going to be hired because "black people are always late" is considered racial discrimination regardless of whether or not it comes from a white employer or black employer...because the law treats these groups as equals. It doesn't suddenly become a stereotype when a black person says it.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,437.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Racism
:

There may be other things
youve never heard ofhttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_supremacy

Oh, and its not " racist because fight back"

Upvote 0