So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm an Australian, so I ask only as an interested observer, but can anyone explain to me what specific, real world benefit you personally expect to come from a Trump presidency for you, your family, or immediate community?

Trump supporters only for the first page or so, please, I'm genuinely interested to hear an honest, non argumentative response. Thanks.

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What about someone who is on the fence about Trump? I like some of what he says, but am not fully on board yet.
If you'd like to have a go at seriously answering the OP question, I'm very interested to hear what you have to say.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm an Australian, so I ask only as an interested observer, but can anyone explain to me what specific, real world benefit you personally expect to come from a Trump presidency for you, your family, or immediate community?

Trump supporters only for the first page or so, please, I'm genuinely interested to hear an honest, non argumentative response. Thanks.

Good luck with your question. I don't think any average citizen expects anything to trickle down to them from any administration. Presidents operate on a national and international stage, not at the community level.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In that case, I don't expect a direct benefit from a Trump presidency. There was no personal benefit from either Bush or Obama. Though I do know a fair number of people helped by Obama's medicaid expansion.

As long as he doesn't go starting needless wars, I'm not going to majorly oppose him. It would be nice if he supports the Second Amendment (he claims to), and appoints strict constructionalists to the Supreme Court (he says he will). His proposals to help American jobs sound good, though I don't know if he'll live up to it, considering he has factories in Mexico and China, though that could be due to the economic reality of NAFTA, rather than a specific desire to do business over there.

Here's a good article discussing why he appeals to ordinary blue collar workers, not just Stormfront types.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/07/donald-trump-why-americans-support

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a Cruz supporter, but I can summarize:
The rule of law restored. Politicians who violated the law prosecuted,
Obamacare repealed,
The VA reformed and our vets treated with dignity,
Isis removed form existence,
Power usurped from the states restored.
Supreme court appointments who actually follow the Constitution,
And most of all.....
A president that doesn't despise everything about America.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm not "a supporter", but he will win becasue he has promised
(by his actions) that he will fire any and all people not up to
his standards.

I imagine the IRS will be reduced to 10 people.
I see many agencies ending.
I see support of all businesses, (the ones that give people jobs)

Upvote 0

BoltNut

May 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
✟19,076.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I too, am a Cruz supporter. Be that as it may, in a Trump presidency, benefit derived by individuals would be shared and not really on a personal level. If Mr. Trump can secure the border and deal with the illegal immigrants and visa over-stays, individuals will begin to "feel" the benefits of such actions in the overall economic condition that would improve especially in border states. Once these conditions are met, we can begin creating a system where immigration is allowed in a structured and controlled way. I believe this one thing will have a great effect on our economy. If Mr. Trump can deliver on this campaign promise, it would be worth it.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm fine with Trump building a wall and stopping illegal immigration. I'm not OK with mass deportation of millions of people. Send the ones who commit crimes back. We can keep the ones who work hard, pay taxes, and support our economy (or who have done so, in the case of one's who are now too old to work).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pagan

Mar 3, 2016
Anaheim
✟20,989.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
The economy's slow growth might attract people to Trump or Republicans in general. The economy and unemployment overlaps the undocumented worker issue because in some industries, for example construction and information technology, immigrants or possibly aliens, have taken jobs from citizens or immigrants.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I am not surprised that after two days, there aren't any articulate, substantive and in-depth replies from Trump supporters. It's the same, blank stare reaction I get when I question Trump supporters face-to-face. Once the smoke of all the anger and frustration clears, there's nothing left.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,630.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
In that case, I don't expect a direct benefit from a Trump presidency. There was no personal benefit from either Bush or Obama. Though I do know a fair number of people helped by Obama's medicaid expansion.

As long as he doesn't go starting needless wars, I'm not going to majorly oppose him. It would be nice if he supports the Second Amendment (he claims to), and appoints strict constructionalists to the Supreme Court (he says he will). His proposals to help American jobs sound good, though I don't know if he'll live up to it, considering he has factories in Mexico and China, though that could be due to the economic reality of NAFTA, rather than a specific desire to do business over there.

Here's a good article discussing why he appeals to ordinary blue collar workers, not just Stormfront types.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/07/donald-trump-why-americans-support

Thanks. Good article.

Reactions: Tallguy88
Upvote 0

Deviant Writer

I choose the World. I choose the Flesh.
Sep 18, 2015
Michigan
✟77,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

A good article I think. For the past couples weeks, I had heard perhaps one endorsement of Trump that was centered in logic, and not "I like him because he's a nonsensical birther like me" and "I like him because he speaks his mind except when it comes to denouncing the bigots who are supporting him."

One of my coworkers said. "He's a businessman and will make pro-business policies."

This article is the long version of that sentiment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jay Follett

Mar 6, 2016
UK
✟1,705.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If Trump is nominated he will be the downfall of the republican party, he will be the final nail in it's coffin, he may promise a lot but sadly he will not be allowed to deliver anything, (not that he would done anyway) and when he has lost he will be shouting for the next few years about how much better he would have done things, America it's sad to say is stuck with Trump for many many years to come no matter which way it goes, he has been given a platform now he just won't shut up, you allowed it to happen so now you must suffer the consequences.
Trump has exposed America's ignorant underbelly and it's not a pretty sight.
Trump is an orange Mussolini, a pompous overbearing egotistical show off, take a look at old film of Mussolini and you will see Trump, someone who believes himself to be better than he really is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm a Cruz supporter, but I can summarize:
The rule of law restored. Politicians who violated the law prosecuted,
Obamacare repealed,
The VA reformed and our vets treated with dignity,
Isis removed form existence,
Power usurped from the states restored.
Supreme court appointments who actually follow the Constitution,
And most of all.....
A president that doesn't despise everything about America.
The OP did ask for:
what specific, real world benefit you personally expect to come from a Trump presidency for you, your family, or immediate community?
I'm struggling to see how most of the things you list will impact you in the way the OP specified. If you're a vet then maybe reform in that area might make a big difference to your life, but how exactly will the destruction of ISIS or having a president who doesn't 'despise America' (LOL) lead to real world benefits for you personally?

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

A foreign policy that actually promotes international cooperation and harmony as opposed to what we have at present.

A domestic policy that reasserts the rule of law as opposed to rule by presidential edict as we have at present.

Economic policies that promote growth and raise the income levels for the Middle and Lower classes.

National budgeting that slows or, better, stops the endless increase in the nation's standing debt.

Return of local and state functions of government to local and state governments. Basic education, for example.

Those are some of them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm fine with Trump building a wall and stopping illegal immigration.

We already have a wall. Just saying for anyone who doesn't already know that.

I'm not OK with mass deportation of millions of people. Send the ones who commit crimes back. We can keep the ones who work hard, pay taxes, and support our economy (or who have done so, in the case of one's who are now too old to work).

Illegal immigrants have also committed a crime just by entering illegally, paying huge amounts of money to cartels to get them here. Send all back and let those who wish to legally enter do it the right way.

Upvote 0