Question about the flood

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
You don't need a "born again Christian" to refute you. Most of those do not understand the Bible very well at all.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel of biblical understanding does not help your case.

I agree and that's why I'm ignoring your posts. Posting to you makes me want to go take a bath.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't need a "born again Christian" to refute you.
A true born again person has the mind of Christ. Only when you are born again can you understand the word of God. The carnal mind is not able to understand the spiritual. What is interesting is when carnal minded people try to understand what it means to be born again.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I agree and that's why I'm ignoring your posts. Posting to you makes me want to go take a bath.

That is because deep down inside you know that you are wrong. There is a tiny piece of your brain that is screaming against the crazy posts that you keep making.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
A true born again person has the mind of Christ. Only when you are born again can you understand the word of God. The carnal mind is not able to understand the spiritual. What is interesting is when carnal minded people try to understand what it means to be born again.

Sorry, but this claim just does not fly. "Born again" Christians tend to be rather ignorant and often dishonest. They can't face the fact that the Bible is simply wrong if read literally.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes. Pangaea was a very different climate suitable for reptiles and dinosaurs. The only survivors today are alligators and turtles that requires a very humid environment. Primates at the time were very small.

There were no primates back then.

And no Noah either.

Right before Pangaea was destroyed we see the dinosaurs are beginning to devour each other and this ended up in their destruction.

Dino's went on to rule the world for about 135 million years, after that.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Posting to you makes me want to go take a bath.
I know the feeling when I try to take care of the wild feral cats. They love to be groomed and brushed but I am left with the feeling of wanting to take a shower to clean the filth that got on me trying to clean them up.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is what the Bible refers to as shadow and types. Jung talks about archetypes. Another word we use now a days is allegory. With your background in literature you should understand this better then I do.

No it isn't.

A more accurate description of your assertion is that...

a) You read on the internet that pangea's break up caused major flooding

b) Thought, hey, a flood! It must be what Genesis is referring to.

When it obviously isn't. The flood was to punish mankind, but mankind didn't exist during the break up of Pangea. The flood was supposedly caused by God, yet your "flood" has natural causes. The break up of Pangea lasted millions of years and bears no similarity to the Genesis account. You are clutching at straws I'm afraid my friend.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Looks like you forgot to do a google search before making this claim. Scientists have acquired new data supporting the idea that the last ancestor shared by all living primates walked with the dinosaurs more than 80 million years ago. Have you heard of Darwin's theory of evolution and the theory of common ancestor?

New Study Supports Idea That Primates, Dinosaurs Coexisted

First, you are a strange species of creationist. It's almost like you've developed a belief of your own. I think you'ld be hard pressed to find other christians who believe like you do.

Second, you should read the links you post:
The search for the first primate—that is, the last animal to have been an ancestor of all members of the primate family tree

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No it isn't.

A more accurate description of your assertion is that...

a) You read on the internet that pangea's break up caused major flooding

b) Thought, hey, a flood! It must be what Genesis is referring to.

When it obviously isn't. The flood was to punish mankind, but mankind didn't exist during the break up of Pangea. The flood was supposedly caused by God, yet your "flood" has natural causes. The break up of Pangea lasted millions of years and bears no similarity to the Genesis account. You are clutching at straws I'm afraid my friend.
This is actually a teaching by Kat Kerr. She learned this when she visited the Creation Lab in Heaven. A lot of people will not understand this until they actually get to Heaven.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not at all. As I told you many times I go along with Frances Collins because as a Theistic Evolutionists he is better qualified then I am. "The evidence supporting the idea that all living things are descended from a common ancestor is truly overwhelming.
Read more at 'God Is Not Threatened by Our Scientific Adventures'"

'God Is Not Threatened by Our Scientific Adventures'

Francis Collins wouldn't agree that the biblical flood story is talking about the break-up of Pangea, or any other such wild claims you been making here.

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,273.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
Looks like you forgot to do a google search before making this claim. Scientists have acquired new data supporting the idea that the last ancestor shared by all living primates walked with the dinosaurs more than 80 million years ago. Have you heard of Darwin's theory of evolution and the theory of common ancestor?

Pangaea began to break up 200-175 million years ago, during the Early Jurassic, according to Pangaea - Wikipedia and Learn About Pangea, the Landmass that Covered One-Third of the Planet, whereas your link says that the last ancestor shared by all living primates lived 80-90 million years ago, during the Late Cretaceous and at least 85 million years after the beginning of the continental break-up.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
A true born again person has the mind of Christ. Only when you are born again can you understand the word of God.
Consider how arrogant and incorrect that would be if the bible is not representative of reality. Furthermore, how would anyone be able to confirm or deny this biblical claim? No one interprets the entire bible exactly the same, be they a believer or not.

The carnal mind is not able to understand the spiritual. What is interesting is when carnal minded people try to understand what it means to be born again.
Nothing is more frustrating than people dismissing my input because they assume I can't possibly understand their religious text.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This statement is a violation of the rules.
How so? It is not a claim about all born agains, or even one specific born again Christian. Claiming that one must be a Christian to understand the Bible is a claim that no born again has been able to support without anything more than mere assertion. The fact is that when it comes to understanding there is no indication that belief is necessary at all for doing so.

Can you support your claim that one has to believe to understand the Bible?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Not at all. As I told you many times I go along with Frances Collins because as a Theistic Evolutionists he is better qualified then I am. "The evidence supporting the idea that all living things are descended from a common ancestor is truly overwhelming.
Read more at 'God Is Not Threatened by Our Scientific Adventures'"

'God Is Not Threatened by Our Scientific Adventures'

You claim to be following Collins but you keep contradicting that claim. Collins knows that the Adam and Eve story is a myth. His statement about a shared common ancestor for all life indicates that. He would clearly reject the Noah's Ark myth that you seem to be clinging to.

Tell me, why would you site a source that you disagree with?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

-_- but you were talking about primates existing around the time of Pangea. Pangea broke apart 175 million years ago, so absolutely no primates on Pangea. Heck, the oldest mammal fossil is 160 million years old. Also, the oldest KNOWN primate fossil is 55 million years old, so no playing with dinos for those monkeys.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
"Broke apart," or "was broken apart"?
Continental drift, so, I guess broke apart? Pangea wasn't the first supercontinent containing the majority of the land mass on this planet. That would be Columbia (also called Nuna) which existed over a billion years ago. Not sure why people act as if Pangea was the only one.

Upvote 0