What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Guys...I need your help. I need some ideas on romantic things I can do to show my boyfriend how much I love him. :)

It seems he is always doing these really thoughtful things and I worry that I don't do enough for him. Sooo what are some things that a girl can do for you that shows you how much she loves you?

Girls feel free to throw in ideas too...this is an equal opportunity thread :D

kevlite2020

rawr means I love you in dinosaur!
Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
back scratches were always good enough to get me :p

Seriously though, love isn't a competition, don't worry about doing stuff just to keep up with his works, do it only if you just want to! In the past, the most romantic things women have ever done to me were very small things. Holding my hand and cuddling on me when I least expect it, stopping me to say they love me or something sweet like that, maybe cooking me a homeade dinner, things like that go a long long way!

Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Do you know what his love language is?

I would suggest just little things like Kev described...Random displays of affection. Maybe you can bring him lunch at work with a "have a nice day" balloon or card, or fix his favorite food for dinner and invite him over.

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Kev and K9. :)

He does like it when I hold his hand or randomly kiss him in the middle of the grocery store :D Oh and he LOVES back scratches too - must be a guy thing :p :D I'd love to surprise him with lunch at his office one day but he works/lives 4 1/2 hours away from but maybe I'll see if I can do some sluething and figure out a day he'll be in the office and have pizza delivered or something like that :)

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I love the element of surprise when doing something thoughtful. I like the idea of remembering things the other has said and either doing them or buying something they've been talking about. You know? Does he like concerts or outdoorsy things? Treat him to something having to do with those things, maybe.

Otherwise, I agree with K-9. Love doesn't cost a thing (monetary anyway :sorry:), so going with the little things that he enjoys would be super-cool. I mean sweet. :) People like food and food's a good way to show appreciation of the other person also.

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I completely agree with everybody here, it's the little things... leavin' a love note in his jacket pocket, holding his hand and drawing near to him if you're walking along(though this is something I usually initiate); and I know this applies to more a married situation, as I don't really know the depth of your relationship, but napping with each other was something that an ex-girlfriend liked doing with me(and yes, we actually napped with clothes on; on her couch actually Haha).

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Find a moment when he isn't expecting it, grab him and throw your arms around him and kiss him like there's no tomorrow for a few seconds. Then when he looks at you with delighted surprise, tell him you love him SO much and just couldn't help it.

It'll make his day :D

Yeah, I'm saucy like that. Nothin' says "I love you and need you and want you" better than a great kiss.

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I love the element of surprise when doing something thoughtful. I like the idea of remembering things the other has said and either doing them or buying something they've been talking about. You know? Does he like concerts or outdoorsy things? Treat him to something having to do with those things, maybe.

Otherwise, I agree with K-9. Love doesn't cost a thing (monetary anyway :sorry:), so going with the little things that he enjoys would be super-cool. I mean sweet. :) People like food and food's a good way to show appreciation of the other person also.
He loves fishing and I mean LOVES fishing :D I was thinking about maybe surprising him with lunch and a trip to browse thru Sportsman's Warehouse when he is here to visit in 2 weeks. I know it would mean a lot to him if I spent the afternoon looking thru the store with him :)

I completely agree with everybody here, it's the little things... leavin' a love note in his jacket pocket, holding his hand and drawing near to him if you're walking along(though this is something I usually initiate); and I know this applies to more a married situation, as I don't really know the depth of your relationship, but napping with each other was something that an ex-girlfriend liked doing with me(and yes, we actually napped with clothes on; on her couch actually Haha).
Thanks :) He does enjoy those little things and I do try to do them as much as possible when we're together. This past visit he really wanted time to snuggle on the couch and watch a movie and obligations sort of prevented us from having time to do so - we had to many places we needed to be. So I'll have to see if we can make time for a movie date too :D
a back massage.... i melt like butter under a good back massage from a pretty girl... any guy does :p

but simple things work real well to... it's often the simple things that get left out alot...
Thanks Riddik. Back massages do seem to be the universal language of love :D
Find a moment when he isn't expecting it, grab him and throw your arms around him and kiss him like there's no tomorrow for a few seconds. Then when he looks at you with delighted surprise, tell him you love him SO much and just couldn't help it.

Yeah, I'm saucy like that. Nothin' says "I love you and need you and want you" better than a great kiss.
LOL I actually did that once and it totally took him by surprise. I'm always teasing him about making a scene so he was stunned when I was the one that made one in the middle of Wal-Mart :D
Get a little book and write a title on the first page: "Things I Love About You." Then write a different reason on each page of the book...or leave some blank to add to later.
That is a wonderful idea! I'm going to have to remember that one! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Balugon

o( ' . ' )o
Jul 18, 2005
The Looking Glass
✟32,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Looks like you already have a bunch of great ideas. Honestly, just showing your love and appreciation for him, even if its just making sure he knows you were thankful for that last nice thing he did (a really super big hug, kiss, and playfulness added in) can be what the situation is asking for. You don't always have to pay back every little thing with some other "nice act", because if u did, then it would be like those christmas parties where you know u and the other person are going to spend $10 on each other anyway, and so u feel its basically pointless to even do the event. People have to be free to love each other in an environment where nothing is necessarily expected to be "paid back", even though the other person's love would cause them to show their love back anyway. Imagine if God expected us to pay him back with something nice every time he did something for us. We'd be out of luck.

So anyway, my added suggestion- besides the ones people have come up with so far, is- because communication is so often never as clear as we thought it was when we were saying it- Simply go above and beyond to let him know that you appreciated what he did for you, even if sometimes it doesnt necessarily feel normal. You can always talk to him if the new level of thankfulness was appreciated or felt too fake afterward.

And saucy? Psssh... that should be an all the time thing. That's a godly kind of love. Saucy would be dragging him to the nearby zoo and getting frisky in an animal pen. Though i wouldn't recommend it because that would be illegal, and that's a marriage thing. For a boyfriend... I don't necessarily think saucy is appropriate, cuz if he gets too charged, he may have trouble even being around you. heh.

Upvote 0

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Something fun you could do is hide a small gift somewhere in his house the next time you visit. Then, make a scavenger hunt for him to find it. Hide little clues about where to find the next clue all over his house - and mail the first clue to him so that he will get it in the mail shortly after your visit.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And saucy? Psssh... that should be an all the time thing. That's a godly kind of love. Saucy would be dragging him to the nearby zoo and getting frisky in an animal pen. Though i wouldn't recommend it because that would be illegal, and that's a marriage thing. For a boyfriend... I don't necessarily think saucy is appropriate, cuz if he gets too charged, he may have trouble even being around you. heh.

Well, that's how I am, but I know lots of other people aren't as touchy-feely and demonstrative as I am.

Animal pen in a zoo? That's not frisky, that's stupid and gross.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thomas1984

*Expect the Unexpected*
Jun 6, 2006
✟19,820.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually the dictionary definition of saucy implies a bold but lighthearted suggestive behavior. More playful than...umm...I'm not sure what adjective accurately describes the animal pen thing.

How about, "Deviant"?:idea:

Reactions: ido
Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So I decided to be romantic and surprise Nathan with a visit this weekend :clap: He has mentioned a couple of times that he would love to have his front doorbell ring and find me standing there...so...this is the weekend it's going to happen :)

I have a card with a little boy and girl on the front and the girl is kissing the boy on the cheek and the inside of the card says - Kiss me...I'm going to sign the card - I'm waiting....

Then I'm going to sneak up on his front porch...slide the card between the front door and the door jam so that when he opens the door it will drop to the ground and then ring the doorbell and run and hide around the corner of the garage :D

I hope he finds this romantic and sweet and GOOD surprise :D

Upvote 0

kevlite2020

rawr means I love you in dinosaur!
Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I decided to be romantic and surprise Nathan with a visit this weekend :clap: He has mentioned a couple of times that he would love to have his front doorbell ring and find me standing there...so...this is the weekend it's going to happen :)

I have a card with a little boy and girl on the front and the girl is kissing the boy on the cheek and the inside of the card says - Kiss me...I'm going to sign the card - I'm waiting....

Then I'm going to sneak up on his front porch...slide the card between the front door and the door jam so that when he opens the door it will drop to the ground and then ring the doorbell and run and hide around the corner of the garage :D

I hope he finds this romantic and sweet and GOOD surprise :D

that is so awesome, he's going to love it!!! (and you!)

Upvote 0