Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know who posted it, but I know the one being referred to:

View attachment 340694

It's from a webcomic called xkcd. While the webcomic is very hit and miss (and I would also say as it has gone on, it has increased the ratio far more in favor of the misses than hits), some of them like the above are pretty darn good.

I think it's a legitimate reason. Someone has to make sure the internet isn't acting up and destroying everything. Who is to say it's not you? We all have the opportunity. :sick:

I think we should all decide, all at once, that it's not that big a deal. We should all have a collective sigh, and then care less.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Then why are they closed on Sunday?
I don't know, I'm not in the fast food business. Maybe business is slow that day. It is the day I am least likely to go to such a place (and only really if I am on the .. highway .. will I go to a fast food on Sunday. Usually I cook a nice meal for supper and don't have lunch.)
Just because they aren't operating in a religious function doesn't mean they aren't entitled to religious protections, which clearly extend to corporate bodies otherwise churches and parachurch organizations wouldn't be able to enjoy religious freedoms. Chick-Fil-A clearly identifies itself as aa Christian organization, and their policies such as being closed on Sunday are based on their religious affiliation.
And here I thought it was a for profit business run to make someone wealthy.
Religious freedoms don't require meeting some religious test in order for an person/entity to be entitled to them. So just because someone wouldn't walk into a Chick-Fil-A restaurant and go "this place is religious" doesn't matter one iota to the corporate identity.
This is getting really dumb because ultimately it will be about if a business can meet a contract requirement to provide service to customers 7 days a week.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Adam56

Nov 4, 2023
Nashville
✟15,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please try and avoid using the word 'raw' when we're talking about fast food chicken.

And what an entertaining thread this has been. I personally think the outlet should be banned from operating because it has the dumbest name I've ever heard for a fast food company.*

* That was a joke, Adam.
Was that “safe” to say? DeskTrauma claims he can’t say more because it’s not safe.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The rest day is supposed to be Saturday.Not Sunday. But I have nothing against people choosing Sunday as their time to rest. So, people can work there on Sunday's too. Even though Saturday is the right day.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
US Christian persecution complex alive and well.
I supposed previous action against Chick-Fil-A due to the late owner S. Truett Cathy's statements on marriage never happened? Remember this?

What do you know: That happened in New York State, too.

Being that there is a history of previous action against Chick-Fil-A, the reasonable thing is to assume this is more of the same.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the open forums are not to your liking, I suggest the Christians only discussion and debate sub forums.
A better suggestion would be to recommend a forum board that's for Christians only. Yes, I'm serious.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I supposed previous action against Chick-Fil-A due to the late owner S. Truett Cathy's statements on marriage never happened? Remember this?

What do you know: That happened in New York State, too.

Being that there is a history of previous action against Chick-Fil-A, the reasonable thing is to assume this is more of the same.
A regular crucifixion, most persecuted Christians ever, their suffering must be honored!

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ADMIN HAT ON

This thread is now permanently closed. The ganging up on Christians throughout is unwarranted. CF is a ministry, not a place for people that hate the church or beliefs of Christians to air discontent.

However, this topic also It isn't about the evil Democratic party members vs the Christian Republicans, so goading from that angle is also not acceptable.

This thread will remain closed as flaming, goading, and general unkindness permeates this entire thread.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.