Graham declares ‘war’ against NY to protect Chick-fil-A’s Sundays off

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
What are you talking about?

The rule is intended (at least on its surface) to ensure that people can get something to eat while driving on a limited access toll road that traverses mostly rural, sparsely-populated parts of the state. Contrary to popular belief, NY state isn’t all a bustling metropolis. It’s mostly dairy farms and corn fields. You can’t just stop at a McDonalds or a BK or whatever, because along large stretches of that road, there aren’t any.
I'm afraid you are going to have to prove to me that Chick-fil-A is the only restaurant on those lonely desolate toll roads.

Cause that's not the complaint from the creator of the bill. He said this.

State Rep. Tony Simone (D), who introduced the bill, said its purpose is to allow travelers in the Empire State to have a diversity of food options, per the AP.

“Look, if you want to eat fried chicken while traveling over the holidays, then Chick-fil-A should be open on Sundays,” Simone argued.

He didn't say people were starving and had nothing to eat. He was concerned they couldn't get chicken. And particularly Chick-fil-A chicken.

So really the "what are you talking about" belongs on your shoulders.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,301.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
What are you talking about?

The rule is intended (at least on its surface) to ensure that people can get something to eat while driving on a limited access toll road that traverses mostly rural, sparsely-populated parts of the state. Contrary to popular belief, NY state isn’t all a bustling metropolis. It’s mostly dairy farms and corn fields. You can’t just stop at a McDonalds or a BK or whatever, because along large stretches of that road, there aren’t any.
Such hardships

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm afraid you are going to have to prove to me that Chick-fil-A is the only restaurant on those lonely desolate toll roads.
I lived in central and western ny for 20 years; my parents still live there. Most of the rest stops along the east-west stretch between Albany and Buffalo have, historically, only had 2 or maybe 3 food options and most exits are a ways from town. Maybe the number of food options will increase with the renovations that are bringing in chikfila; I don’t recall that part of the plan. But the pickings have been slim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Sadly, not in the USA. But I think that everyone should have at least one day per week off. In german law, this is mandatory. At least one uninterrupted 24 hour rest period per week. In the USA, workers are far less protected and basically just have to suck up the terms they agree on.
Being a worker in America seems to be an absolute nightmare.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Being a worker in America seems to be an absolute nightmare.
It's not. I've been working in the US for about 50+ years now. It's not a nightmare at all.

I've had hard jobs and easy jobs and jobs that I worked 55 hours a week and others where I worked 32 hours a week. I made a lot of money on that 55 hour a week job. But only did that for about 6 months before I moved in to something else. Hey it's all about what you want to do and what you are willing to do. Lots of opportunities here to do all kinds of things.

I've never worked a job where I worked seven days a week. Always had at least one day off a week. Sometimes as many as three days off a week.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,301.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Might be a bit tricky logistically. I’d have to stay at your place, don’t know anyone there.
You'd need a resident permit,
( for HK (and my flat :D), and
work permit.
But thats not it anyway.
I went uni in usa, but working there?
I dunno.
HK is famously very intense. Stressful.
Lucky for me i dont have to work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm speechless! Someone needs to step in and stop all of this nonsense!!!
Lindsey isn’t up for reelection this year, you’re going to have to wait a few years for a chance to remove him and his frivolous nonsense.

Upvote 0