✟875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
I admire your honesty.

No, you admire that I superficially made you look logical by voluntarily comparing myself to an insane person in a facetious way. As said, I get it. If you really think someone would "honestly" commit themselves online, then perhaps there is a bigger issue.

This forum has rules; people on here (as I have learned) find clever ways to insult others who disagree with them, or to diminish what someone has said. As said, I get it.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, you admire that I superficially made you look logical by voluntarily comparing myself to an insane person in a facetious way. As said, I get it. If you really think someone would "honestly" commit themselves online, then perhaps there is a bigger issue.

This forum has rules; people on here (as I have learned) find clever ways to insult others who disagree with them, or to diminish what someone has said. As said, I get it.

Yeah, pretty sneaky of me insulting you by pointing out that what you post is patently wrong. Aren't I the clever one...

Look, if you want to volunteer yourself as uneducated and prove it by posting things that are obviously incorrect then go for it. If you want to show that you're not uneducated and you know what you're talking about then post something that makes some sense. We can take it from there.

Or maybe not. Depends on you.

Upvote 0

Taisho

Jun 19, 2021
Chicago
✟875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, pretty sneaky of me insulting you by pointing out that what you post is patently wrong. Aren't I the clever one...

Look, if you want to volunteer yourself as uneducated and prove it by posting things that are obviously incorrect then go for it. If you want to show that you're not uneducated and you know what you're talking about then post something that makes some sense. We can take it from there.

Or maybe not. Depends on you.

Uh huh...

LOL

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I want to see ISS pictures of Sydney with the buildings "upside-down" (but truly right-side up due to gravity and globe model of earth).

Actually what nasa or any other space company should be showing people of earth, by now. That is if, their stated globe earth and outer space exist.

We should have live recorded movement of the earths rotation. At 1hr, 2hrs or even 10hrs of recordings of the rotation of earth. That should easily be accomplished by placing a camera on the moon.

They should have closeup photos of the earth from the moon. Just like i can show photos of close ups of the moon.

Or just a simple full photograph of the earth, no composites, actually there should be 1000's of photos.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We should have live recorded movement of the earths rotation. At 1hr, 2hrs or even 10hrs of recordings of the rotation of earth. That should easily be accomplished by placing a camera on the moon.

It's easily determined by you watching the moon drop below your horizon and appearing over mine. Your problem is that your view is upside down as compared to mine.

It's also easily determined by watching the stars circle around the pole stars.

It's also easily determined by the fact that you can't see the southern cross and I can't see the plough.

It's also easily determined by the loss of signal between any given station on earth and a spacecraft on the moon as the earth rotates.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It's easily determined by you watching the moon drop below your horizon and appearing over mine. Your problem is that your view is upside down as compared to mine.

It's also easily determined by watching the stars circle around the pole stars.

It's also easily determined by the fact that you can't see the southern cross and I can't see the plough.

It's also easily determined by the loss of signal between any given station on earth and a spacecraft on the moon as the earth rotates.

I want to see photographic evidence, if i can record the moon, etc.... I am sure a government agency like nasa with their billions can at least provide one photo/recording of earth.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I want to see photographic evidence, if i can record the moon, etc.... I am sure a government agency like nasa with their billions can at least provide one photo/recording of earth.

How would you know it was the earth turning and and not the moon orbiting it? I'm not sure you've thought this through.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How would you know it was the earth turning and and not the moon orbiting it? I'm not sure you've thought this through.

Science says the earth rotates fast than the moon orbits, so i am sure there would be a way to tell that the earth is rotating.

Just like when i can zoom out on the moon and it moves slower. Zooming in on the earth would at least show its movement through space.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Science says the earth rotates fast than the moon orbits, so i am sure there would be a way to tell that the earth is rotating.

Science says what? That the earth rotates? And you're going to use that scientific fact to show that it doesn't?

But no, there'd be no way of knowing. Just like it's impossible to tell if the sun goes around the earth or the earth is turning just by watching the sun move across tbe sky.

And why is the moon 'upside down' when I look at it?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
accordi
Science says what? That the earth rotates? And you're going to use that scientific fact to show that it doesn't?

But no, there'd be no way of knowing. Just like it's impossible to tell if the sun goes around the earth or the earth is turning just by watching the sun move across tbe sky.

And why is the moon 'upside down' when I look at it?

According again to science, the Moon orbits Earth in the same direction as our planet rotates. So since science states the earth rotates faster than the moons orbit, why would the earths rotation not be able to been observed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
accordi

According again to science, the Moon orbits Earth in the same direction as our planet rotates. So since science states the earth rotates faster than the moons orbit, why would the earths rotation not be able to been observed.

You're using the fact that the earth rotates in a bid to prove that it doesn't?

If you put a camera on the moon and fixed it on a specific spot on the earth then what you would see is the view gradually changing. So how do you know if the moon is stationary and the earth is rotating, the earth is stationary and the moon is orbiting it, or a combination of the two?

And why is the moon upside down when viewed from Sydney?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If the photo of the earth from nasa is true, why are there still undecided sizes and shapes of the land masses.

n691hsl5seg31-5d556759e01e0-png__700.jpg

map1.jpg

800px-The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If the photo of the earth from nasa is true, why are there still undecided sizes and shapes of the land masses.

Now you're showing a lack of knowledge of how maps are produced. But forget maps, address the points in my last post if you could.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You're using the fact that the earth rotates in a bid to prove that it doesn't?

If you put a camera on the moon and fixed it on a specific spot on the earth then what you would see is the view gradually changing. So how do you know if the moon is stationary and the earth is rotating, the earth is stationary and the moon is orbiting it, or a combination of the two?

And why is the moon upside down when viewed from Sydney?

Why do you keep ask this upside down view of the moon. I have already addressed this a few post back about 2, 3 weeks ago.

This looks like they are moving at the same speed

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How about just compare views of the moon from Sydney (left) and NYC (right).
B6839649-5738-4931-BF14-F943B874B9AB.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How about just compare views of the moon from Sydney (left) and NYC (right). View attachment 301321

I believe the moon to be a convex disc.

moon illustration.jpg

As it moves over the earth a person north of the equator will see a different view than a person south of the equator.​

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I believe the moon to be a convex disc.

View attachment 301328

As it moves over the earth a person north of the equator will see a different view than a person south of the equator.​

Why a disc? It would work as a sphere. How far away is it? Bearing in mind that NASA left some mirrors on the surface so that they could accurately meaure the distance with a laser.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Why a disc? It would work as a sphere. How far away is it? Bearing in mind that NASA left some mirrors on the surface so that they could accurately meaure the distance with a laser.

A sphere would not work as a lit sphere would light up in all directions. The convex shape having just one lighted area/side will direct the light only toward the earth. The sun functions in the same way.

As stated in the Bible, God created two great lights to give light on the earth.

and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth,

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A sphere would not work as a lit sphere would light up in all directions. The convex shape having just one lighted area/side will direct the light only toward the earth. The sun functions in the same way.

As stated in the Bible, God created two great lights to give light on the earth.

and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth,

'A lit sphere'? But...no, never mind...

And how far from us is it?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
'A lit sphere'? But...no, never mind...

And how far from us is it?

Well the New Jerusalem (in Revelation) will be a cube equal in height as width and length. The measurements given, work out to be 1500 miles high, width and length. So at least higher than this structure.

Upvote 0