• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Promotion of White Supremacy in Mainstream Media

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by SummerMadness, Apr 12, 2021.

1. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+26,416
    Agnostic
    Single
    As did you.

Yes -- my signature.

But can you show relevance?

Which would make it somewhat less than absolute.

Unless there was a system in place which interpreted the Constitution and determined that the laws they are proposing do not violate it. You mentioned such a system before.

And when the Democrats do cross the line (and both sides are prone to do), the law in question is declared null and void -- the Constitution remains untrampled; no melodrama necessary.

It would be a refreshing change of pace. Ball's in your court; but do remember that the 14th Amendment can't be "trampled" and successfully upheld at the same time.

2. Ana the Ist

Ana the Ist Aggressively serene!

+7,672
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    I've admitted it's hard to find data on these specifics.

I'm not sure why you think it's an indication I'm wrong.

Again....I'm not trying to perfectly measure a number of people that cannot be perfectly measured.

I said the estimate (and that's exactly what it is) of 11 million people never really changes in the past 10 years...and you give examples of the estimate fluctuating by a million people one way or the other.

Let's start with the obvious.....it's an estimate. Illegal immigrants don't want to be identified and removed so there's really only one way to know how many are here.

You would have to count them in the census.

Remember when we tried to do that? People freaked out even though it wasn't information that could legally be used to deport them?

Well that's the only way to have any real evidence of how many people are here illegally. Every other method requires guesswork based upon estimated values.

Do you understand that? If you gave me examples that showed it at 14 million one year and 8 million another...this would be a valid criticism. There's a Princeton study (I think it's Princeton, maybe Yale) that uses a slightly different methodology and concludes that the number is closer to 22-24 million.

When I say that the estimate is about 11 million people consistently year after year.....and you show that the number is around 11 million year after year give or take a few hundred thousand....

We're literally saying the same thing....unless you think that is the actual number and not a guess based on estimated values.

If you think it's the actual number.....say so....and I'll explain why you're wrong.

Heyyyy....great. Information about illegal immigration patterns that apply almost entirely to the past and not the present. In 2014 the head of DHS described a pattern shift in illegal immigration which he concluded would be a problem.

The Obama Administration’s Government-Wide Response to Influx of Central American Migrants at the Southwest Border

It's literally the Obama administration describing a broad shift change in illegal immigration from what was mostly Mexican illegal immigrants who were not likely to seek a permanent status....to a rapid increase in families coming from nations south of Mexico to stay permanently.

This pattern continues in 2015....and increases even more in 2016. We can look at the agency heads saying the same.

Does this description of the problem change under Trump? Not really. It actually increases in both the number of people it describes and how they adapt to policy changes implemented to keep them out....but it still describes a shift away from Mexican illegals seeking temporary work to Central Americans seeking permanent status.

Now, I'm talking about the agency heads....not the political rhetoric from either sides' politicians.

That's an odd number.

Why don't they just have information on the illegal immigrants? Why would we lump them together with the legal ones?

If we're talking about illegal immigrants seeking to stay....this statement is 100% false.

3. Ana the Ist

+7,672
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Well you're going to need a method of detection....

Like a picture ID when showing up to vote.

This is like when the left claimed there was no evidence that the riots or protests over the summer of 2020 spread covid. They didn't ask anyone if they attended protests....so they made no effort to detect any evidence.

If there's no verification you are the registered voter that you claim to be when you vote......how are we going to detect fraud?

4. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+1,346
    Atheist
    Private
    By getting a drivers license in the State they are illegally living.

5. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+1,346
    Atheist
    Private
    Are you under the impression white supremacists are the only ones who have a problem with illegal immigration? C'mon! You know better than that!

6. Ana the Ist

+7,672
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Which one?

Turns out signature comparison is a messed up and deeply flawed process.

'Ripe for error': Ballot signature verification is flawed - and a big factor in the election

Not only is it easy to validate a fake signature....valid signatures can often be declared fake and legitimate votes then thrown out.

I'm talking about evidence. Something that supports a fact of reality. Your idea of evidence deprives voters of their rights.

To what? The OP? Voting rights?

Right

Right....the SCOTUS gets the final say.

That depends. The considerable power of those elected can be leveraged in certain ways that denies people who attempt to seek redress in court.

But that's not the issue....

By the same law or policy? No....of course not. By the same person or party? Sure....it just makes them a hypocrite. I could as a lawyer or legislator argue for someone's rights....and then argue against that exact same position the next day....I'd just be hypocrite.

Regardless of this....let's look at the idea of equal protection under the law.

Equal protection forces a state to govern impartially—not draw distinctions between individuals solely on differences that are irrelevant to a legitimate governmental objective. Thus, the equal protection clause is crucial to the protection of civil rights.

Equal Protection

Does that make sense? There is legal discrimination that the government can make against individuals based upon compelling interest. An obvious example of this would be the denial of someone who has a severe mental condition like suicidal depression from enlisting into the military. The discrimination is specific and the benefit blatantly obvious...putting a gun in such a person's hands risks harm to all involved. The characteristic is one that matters in regards to safety.

Make sense?

So with that in mind...

Executive Order On Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government | The White House

Any challenge to this nonsense would require some rather specific explanations....like what "marginalized" or "underserved" means. If we're talking about groups that benefitted least from government programs or not at all....

This legislation itself seeks to marginalize and underserve those groups not included....mainly Jewish people and any ethnicity considered "white".

I can point out where specifically it says so....if you're having trouble reading.

That doesn't even get into why it's a government interest to promote racial equity.....particularly at the cost of individual liberty or at the expense of merit.