• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Promotion of White Supremacy in Mainstream Media

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by SummerMadness, Apr 12, 2021.

1. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+26,402
    Agnostic
    Single
    Why do I suspect that Constitutional absolutists are still seething the most over that change?

2. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+9,588
    Agnostic
    Married
    Don't be silly. They are equally annoyed by the 19th. :p

3. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+9,588
    Agnostic
    Married
    [STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]

Those dastardly people on the left! Representing the people they are elected to represent. No self respecting Republican would ever bother representing the will of their constituents.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Ana the Ist

Ana the Ist Aggressively serene!

+7,672
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Fixed.

5. Ana the Ist

+7,672
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Evidence that the left is trampling on the 14th?

6. Ana the Ist

+7,672
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    I didn't see it in any of your posts....

Can you link or quote yourself?

7. Ana the Ist

+7,672
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Yeah....that actually does have to do with the original question since it relates to the number of people following the legal process vs those breaking it at some point.

However, I'm willing to concede that both the lack of clarity regarding my post and the lack of available data makes it difficult to ascertain the facts.

It's also not counting the number of people who gained legal status despite entering the US illegally.

If you want a simple calculus of that....

You can take the popular number of illegals the left likes to estimate are in the US every year.

That's about 11 million.

Take the number of people apprehended on any given year and subtract the number removed.

We're going to end up with a number in the hundreds of thousands....

Border Crisis: CBP’s Response

So about 1 million in 2018 entered with the people apprehending them characterizing them as intending to stay.

In 2018....about a little more than 250k illegal immigrants were deported.

That leaves about 750k.

Since the estimate of 11 million illegals never really changes....or at least it hasn't every year for around the last decade.....

We can reasonably assume that a significant number of those illegally present gain legal status every year. Sure, some die, some leave of their own will.

I haven't seen any evidence that it's a number big enough to offset the illegals caught vs illegals removed on any given year.

In fact, the reasons for why the number doesn't really change is a mix of deportations, deaths, and gaining legal status.

Let's assume though....that everyone counted in the numbers you quoted came in legally or otherwise were not here illegally at any time (like overstaying a visa).....

That makes the million entering illegally about 1 third of the population we're talking about.

If we go with the high end estimate of my number that's more likely somewhere between 40-60%.

And how many entries are detected but don't get apprehended (aka got away)?

8. TLK Valentine

+26,402
    Agnostic
    Single
    True -- that one's more recent.

9. TLK Valentine

+26,402
    Agnostic
    Single
    I asked, "what do you have?"

10. TLK Valentine

+26,402
    Agnostic
    Single
    ...after becoming citizens, of course.

...by citizens; how dastardly.

How does a non-citizen register to vote?
    [STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]

Psst... Matt Gaetz is a Republican.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2021
  11. Ana the Ist

+7,672
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    I answered.

I don't mind amendments. If the left wants to amend the Constitution there's a process for it.

12. Ana the Ist

+7,672
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Using the documents or information of a citizen of course.

13. TLK Valentine

+26,402
    Agnostic
    Single
    ..but not correctly.

The mere claim that the Democrats are trampling the fourteenth amendment is evidence of nothing.

So I ask again: What do you actually have?

14. TLK Valentine

+26,402
    Agnostic
    Single
    How often does that happen?

15. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath Supporter

+4,411
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Universal suffrage?!
    Count me in!

16. Ana the Ist

+7,672
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Are you asking for how many examples I can find? Or an estimate of how often a crime occurs?

17. Ana the Ist

+7,672
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    This isn't serious....right?

Why would you want non-citizens voting?

Do you not understand the whole point of electing representatives?

18. Ana the Ist

+7,672
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    You skipped answering a question....

Does your state require any evidence that you are the person who registered to vote.....when you vote?

Go ahead and answer that and I'll gladly point out where Democrats are actively trying to repeal civil rights in California (in contradiction to equal protection under the law) openly advocate for race based treatment and hiring (in contradiction to equal protection under the law) and an example of legislation or executive order that violates equal protection under the law.

I can also show you where the SCOTUS has ruled a disparity does not in of itself provide evidence for racial discrimination.

Like I said, there's a process for amending the Constitution or repealing an Amendment.

They can stand up in front of Congress, the people, and the world and make an argument about why they think racial discrimination is a good idea. Then they get to put it to a vote, and if it gets enough votes....then it has to be ratified by all 50 states.

Anything short of that makes them at least in violation of the rights of the people....and at most enemies of the state.

But hey....don't take my word for it. Answer the question and I'll provide evidence.

19. Gene2memE

Gene2memE Newbie

+4,365
    Atheist
    Private
    Which you've not provided any actual data on, beyond hypotheticals.

That's not true. At all.

DHS paper from 2017:

DHS estimates that 12.0 million illegal aliens were living in the United States in January 2015, compared to 11.5 million in January 2014 and 11.6 million in January 2010. On average, the population grew by 70,000 per year from 2010 to 2015, compared to 470,000 per year during the high-growth years leading up to the Great Recession (2000-2007). Of the total illegal alien population in 2015, nearly 80 percent had resided within the United States for more than 10 years and six percent entered during the previous five years (2010 to 2014). About 55 percent of illegal aliens in 2015 were from Mexico.​

Pew Research estimates that in 2017, the number of unathorised immigrants in the US was at its lowest level in a decade (a population of about 10.5 million). That number is down from about 12.2 million in 2009.

The Centre for Migration Studies comes to a similar conclusion. Their estimate is that from 2008 to 2015, the net population of unathorised immigrants fell by about 540,000 (to just over 11 million). The same centre also estimates that net immigration (legal AND illegal) averaged 203,000 per year between 2017 and 2019. To quote them:

"The slowdown in growth is entirely due to a decline in non-citizens in the country; the number of naturalized citizens continues to grow. This is probably an indication that some illegal immigrants left or fewer arrived, primarily from Mexico. It may also indicate that more long-term visitors are headed home instead of overstaying their visas."​

The US Census Bureau reports the foreign born non-citizen population in the US (legal and illegal) has declined from a peak of about 22.8 in 2017 million to less than 20 million as of early 2020.

So, the population of illegal immigrants into the US has gone through a period of growth, peaked and now is declining.

Can we? Your numbers for illegal entry are speculative and you've got no grounding in facts to make such a judgement. The population of legal immigrants is entirely sufficient to account for all naturalisations.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. TLK Valentine

+26,402
    Agnostic
    Single