Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How dare people expect laws to be followed, how nefarious.
How dare that people only serve others that they wish to serve. How dare that people have morals and standards that are not yours or mine. It's a foolish idea to put even more of a burden on the cops (and legal system) to enforce everyone's humors. The normal thing to do when someone won't bake you a cake is go to someone that will. That's part of the beauty of the USA, It's called freedom.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How dare that people only serve others that they wish to serve. How dare that people have morals and standards that are not yours or mine. It's a foolish idea to put even more of a burden on the cops (and legal system) to enforce everyone's humors. The normal thing to do when someone won't bake you a cake is go to someone that will. That's part of the beauty of the USA, It's called freedom.

Sorry that argument was thrown out back in the 60's with the civil rights movement, you do not have the right to descriminate against others, and religion is not a valid excuse.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry that argument was thrown out back in the 60's with the civil rights movement, you do not have the right to descriminate against others, and religion is not a valid excuse.
You just discriminated against me. it's impossible to stop discrimination. The only solution is better discrimination. some people don't want to make a penis shaped cake for other people and you would want them to be forced to. I'm not going to be like you.

and there is a high chance that those Christians would have baked a normal cake for those people. I'm sure some would have refused. Do you really want people that hate you to bake you a cake? It's just going to make them hate you more when you force them to bake penis cakes. I don't believe in hiding moral problems, I believe in confrontation and dialogue. I believe in equality and so no one should be forced to bake a cake for anyone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You did get me to think about things more though. This is a tough moral problem for me. I certainly don't want things to be like how they used to be in the past when black people were not allowed to eat at a restaurant and excetera. Trans people don't deserve to be beat up on the streets just like trans people should not deceive men into thinking that they are woman and then when they're fixing to have sex the guy freaks out and might beat them up or even murder them.

I don't believe in the functioning by laws alone because they can't always account for the dynamic reality of the situation. It's unjust to not account for everything and to blindly favor one side.

Systemic homophobia is wrong but at the same time the strong arm of the law does not need to be used to force Christians to bake cakes for people that they don't want to. Many Christians would bake a cake for a gay couple. you and many might think the case is closed because the law is clear but I don't think things are very clear at all. Blind compliance will only sweep things under the rug. a better response to people that are homophobic enough to not even want to make a regular cake for a gay couple is to not support their business if you don't agree with their moral stance. Spread the word. if you see someone kicking a black man out of a restaurant because he's black why don't you get offended and leave and not pay those people?

The general laws already did a large part of the work, individuals need to improve things beyond the law. They should also have sympathy for people's moral sense. Why can't gays have a little respect for the religious? why do people have to search up and down and everywhere for the one person that won't make a penis cake for someone else?

Only when things get very out of hand should the strong arm of the law intercede.

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
“For many today, religious liberty is not a cherished freedom. It’s often just an excuse for bigotry and can’t be tolerated, even when there is no evidence that anybody has been harmed,” Alito said during a virtual event with the Federalist Society’s National Lawyers Convention, a conservative legal network. “The question we face is whether our society will be inclusive enough to tolerate people with unpopular religious beliefs.”

“Homophobic rhetoric isn’t a matter of free speech. It’s a matter of hate speech,” Rep. Jimmy Gomez, D-Calif., said on Twitter Friday. “These are stunning, harmful words from Justice Alito.”
Progressives furious over Supreme Court Justice Alito comments

No, Mr. Gomez, it is not 'hate speech' (whatever the heck that is). It is free RELIGIOUS speech; but maybe he believes that the Bible is a book of 'hate speech'? Little by little the far left wing of the democratic party chips away at our religious freedoms. How long do we stand by and say/do nothing about it?.....just my 2 cents worth.....

Homophobic rhetoric IS hate speech. The problem is defining what is homophobic rhetoric. Simply disagreeing with someones views or lifestyle is not homophobic, nor hate speech. Even saying that such people will go to hell is not hate speech (though the way it is said may make it so).

• Agree
Reactions: HatedByAll
Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Christians aren’t being abused by being told that they can’t mistreat others who are not Christians, or not male, or nonwhite, or nonbinary, or any mixture of the above. Some people just get offended when told that they have act like adults rather than act like spoiled children wanting all the toys
That works both ways of course.

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
. Dogmas aren’t facts ! Abuse is abuse . What about, do unto others...? Would you like to be treated the way some fundamentalists want to treat gays or women ? Especially if it’s over a religious opinion that not everyone ,or even every Christian, shares?

Free speech will always be abused. Why deny it to everyone on the basis that a minority that hold this viewpoint?

The antidote to hate is love not more hate.

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
my church would have accepted you as is . ( and probably counseled you on getting better relationships) . Self hatred is a horrible burden and the Church doesn’t need to make it worse
I think your church is wrong in part. Accepting people as is, I have no problem with. Where it falls over is the encouragement of sinful activities (or to put another way, accepting a compulsive liar into the fold is good, but then sending them to a group of gullible people and encouraging them to tell lies is not).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think your church is wrong in part. Accepting people as is, I have no problem with. Where it falls over is the encouragement of sinful activities (or to put another way, accepting a compulsive liar into the fold is good, but then sending them to a group of gullible people and encouraging them to tell lies is not).
. I see discrimination against non binaries as no different than discrimination against women or minorities . SSDD . Unlike compulsive lying, being non binaries is not a choice , it’s part of the natural phenomena of being human .Being non binary is imposed on a person by genetics , epigenetics , and environmental conditions in the uterus. Just as being a biological woman isn’t a choice or being born in a geographical area that your ancestors didn’t live in isn’t a choice. Religious based homophobia looks the same as abusing a handicapped person because they’re disabled . That’s an analogy, I don’t think of being non binaries as a handicap as the only way they’re disabled is by the abuse of others. Emotional abuse is still abuse .

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Homophobia isn’t a “ truth” it’s a tradition and it’s toxic. And whoever said that Catholics aren’t Christians, that’s just ....weird !
I agree homophobia isn't Christ-like. We ought to love them just as God loves them. Which is why they need to hear the truth. Not out of hate and fear, but out of love.

"Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."
(Romans 1:26‭-‬27)

We must share the truth in love. And the truth is that homosexuality is, as the passage specifically states, shameful, unnatural, and an error that will receive a penalty.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Free speech will always be abused. Why deny it to everyone on the basis that a minority that hold this viewpoint?

The antidote to hate is love not more hate.
Jesus was crucified because of his speech.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Homophobia is a tradition . Being non binary is a natural but minor part of human sexuality . I’ll go by what the biologists have found out over any myth or tradition in any holy book. I don’t do ignorant opinions over facts. And that goes even for religious based opinions

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No such thing as homophobia. Unless a desire to keep deliberate, celebrated sin out of the church is an irrational fear. The only way all this homo-business can be celebrated is to deliberately contradict scripture. And to deliberately put wrong for right. I don't fear perversion nearly as much as I fear God. Homophobia should best be seen as God fear and there's nothing irrational about that. God will reject a country or church or person that replaces his standards with their own and Satan will surely fill that vacuum with his own version of righteousness and I don't want to see that come to pass. And it look like we are getting closer to that every day.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
( shrug) I don’t accept ignorant opinions over science facts. And I especially don’t see that ignorance as a reason to mistreat someone else over relationships I’m never going to be part of . You homophobes act like it’s the most important thing in the world to stand in someone else’s bedroom and control what they do . That’s just creepy!
Bedroom my foot! If it stayed in the bedroom there would be darned little said. It's far beyond the bedroom. It's all over the place. This isn't about policing what two consenting people do in privacy. It's about resisting the demonic push for legitimacy and mainstream acceptance.

• Agree
Reactions: HatedByAll
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.