• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease!

KM Richards

Jan 30, 2010
I'm right here!
✟1,233.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Excellent book!

$9.76 on Amazon.com at
Amazon.com: Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure (9781583333006): Caldwell B. Esselstyn Jr.: Home Improvement

Based on the groundbreaking results of a twenty-year nutritional study by Dr. Esselstyn, a preeminent researcher and clinician, this book illustrates that a plant-based, oil-free diet can not only prevent and stop the progression of heart disease but can also reverse its effects. The proof lies in the incredible outcomes for patients who have followed Dr. Esselstyn's program, including a number of patients in his original study who had been told by their cardiologists that they had less than a year to live. Within months of starting the program, Dr. Esselstyn's patients began to improve dramatically, and twenty years later, they remain free of symptoms.

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
a plant-based, oil-free diet can not only prevent and stop
the progression of heart disease but can also reverse its effects.
The proof
lies in the incredible outcomes for patients who -
twenty years later, they remain free of symptoms.
That's nice, but there's 2 things a-miss there:
--> O-type people will get SICK on a purely plant-based diet,
unlike A-type folk who thrive on plants...
&
Just because someone is 'symptom-free' :o is not the same,
--> as living HEALED. :thumbsup: The latter is worlds apart!

Upvote 0
D

Dairy

Upvote 0

mechanic19fail

mechanic19fail
Sep 5, 2011
United States
Visit site
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Heart disease may be a leading cause of death, but that doesn't mean you have to accept it as your fate. Although you lack the power to change some risk factors — such as family history, sex or age — there are some key heart disease prevention steps you can take...

ex.
Don't smoke or use tobacco &

Exercise for 30 minutes on most days of the week

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm a fan of Dr. Davis's.
He is a cardiologist that has been able to reverse plaque growth
in some of patients. What he recommends is a low carb diet,
normalization of vitamin D3, fish oil, thyroid normalization, and a few other items.
GREAT! - I already do ALL :thumbsup: these things, & why I don't have measurable icky plaque. YEAH for me! :clap:

Upvote 0