Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, Duh. Fox had been supportive of the President's agenda, while CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, and MSNBC vehemently opposed all of the President's proposals and policies. But Fox has since changed.

How is this news note supposed to be a hot topic for Trump bashing??

:mmh:

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A great early Republican president is believed to have said (by people after his death but close to his time, who may have heard him in person) :

"You can fool all of the people some of the time, and you can fool some of the people all of the time; but you can’t fool all the people all the time."

Whatever precise wording Lincoln may have actually used, I think we can all get the gist of this well enough.

But perhaps we would take more comfort in scripture instead. I know I would. Lemme find that verse(s).

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
12 A troublemaker and a villain,
who goes about with a corrupt mouth,
13 who winks maliciously with his eye,
signals with his feet
and motions with his fingers,
14 who plots evil with deceit in his heart—
he always stirs up conflict.

15 Therefore disaster will overtake him in an instant;
he will suddenly be destroyed—without remedy.

Proverbs 6 NIV

The only way to escape that outcome is humble repentance I think.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, looks like all the major networks are left-leaning now. But, the other candidates and their platforms are so boring, they’ll still have to continually cover Trump though.
Oh yes. "Cover" him." Here are a few samples of them "covering" the President:

"President Trump falsely claimed today that …."

and

"Trump accused XX without evidence...."

Everything has become an editorial on the so-called news networks.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

and

True, but Trump beat sixteen (plus Hillary) of the best politicians, along with the ‘spin’ experts. I don’t see anything changing, he knows how to win using the media, regardless of how they go.

• Agree
Reactions: Knee V
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True, but Trump beat sixteen (plus Hillary) of the best politicians, along with the ‘spin’ experts. I don’t see anything changing, he knows how to win using the media, regardless of how they go.
How might we help others regarding whom to support? We could perhaps remind them of things they may know, but haven't connected.

Tribalism is very powerful to appeal to the flesh/worldly side of the human heart. But is it for the best? Can good come out of bad actions?

Christ said something to help us answer that:
17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

We cannot accomplish the good with bad actions as the means. Presidents cannot do good by using bad actions as part of their effort.

This might be something we can explain to more people.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and

Perhaps it is reported such for the simple reason that he does in fact "falsely claim" and asserts "without evidence". Wouldn't you want the media to point out lies, fabrications, false assertions, etc., rather then take no time to verify? As to whether he has a clear vision...quite debatable.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, looks like all the major networks are left-leaning now. But, the other candidates and their platforms are so boring, they’ll still have to continually cover Trump though.

Hi IM,

Well, he is the Presdient of the United States. All the others are merely people who have thrown their hat into the ring for the next election. Seems to me that people would be somewhat more interested in what the person who actually leads this nation would think and say than what someone who is just hoping to, might do.

I could be wrong, but since I've paid any attention to national politics, what the president says generally gets full coverage. Usually, however, they have been responsible and mature and measured and careful in what they say and so what they say doesn't generally ignite quite the firestorm that we now have every time the mouth is open. It's become embarrassing that every time the presidents mouth is open we can see his shoe size. That's generally going to drive some attention his way.

Secondly, this is the first president that has daily communicated his every idiotic thought through a system of world wide communication with no filters. Past presidents, when they wanted to address the world, did so through the medium of radio or television and would be speaking from prepared notes, or at the very least through a filter where, before they spoke, they'd actually take a moment to consider the consequences and importance of their words. That's all changed. Now, we are each like the man servant in the WH. We get to hear his murmurings and thoughts as he gets up and gets dressed or eats breakfast and all without ever even saying to one of his aides, what do you think about this? It is that kind of impulsiveness which worries a lot of people who know that he holds the 'football'.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

and

Hi albion,

Well for me, if he'd stop spouting off at the fingers and mouth without giving his own words the examination that they are due; if he would consider checking and believing facts that are actually facts, then we likely wouldn't be having a merry go round of fun poking at his seemingly constant idiocy.

Is it OK in your world that the leader of your nation makes false claims? Would you not ever want to question such behavior? Is it Ok in your world that the leader of your nation considers so very many things without any evidence to support his considerations. You don't think that the people over which he rules would be concerned about such behavior?

I mean, when you act like a clown and run a circus, and you are the leader of a nation of people, aren't those people supposed to pay attention? You would be better off if we all just let these things happen and be said and just not mention them, right? Kind of like parents ignoring an unruly child. "Oh, we just let our little Johnny express himself in how he sees fit."

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps it is reported such for the simple reason that he does in fact "falsely claim" and asserts "without evidence".
Maybe yes and maybe no. Most of these references are not clear-cut and can be looked at several ways. And as for as the "without evidence" aspect of it, since when do news reporting services include a judgment about everything that is on the evening news as it is being reported?

That's quite a new thing and very biased; they don't do it with whatever is said by Chuck Schumer or even The Squad, you may notice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe yes and maybe no. Most of these references are not clear-cut and can be looked at several ways. And as for as the "without evidence" aspect of it, since when do news reporting services include a judgment about everything that is on the evening news as it is being reported?

That's quite a new thing and very biased; they don't do it with whatever is said by Chuck Schumer or even The Squad, you may notice.

What references are not clear cut? Why shouldn't media in an investigative role bring the actual facts to light? One can peruse his blatant lying and may find a few instances where his sometimes obtuse comments may be "judged" differently, but more typical is an outright falsehood. It seems to be more of an aberration when he doesn't on a daily basis toss out some lie, false info, or twisted remark. (He just claimed Puerto Rico had received 92 billion after Maria...doesn't he know it was 42 billion approved with only about 12-14 billion actually having been used?)

I don't think schumer, Pelosi, or many others on either side thrust themselves into the spotlight like trump does. He chose to be his own spokesperson so the fact that he is the preeminent purveyor of fake news allows for him to suffer the consequences...though lying is simply a large part of who he is.....

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't think schumer, Pelosi, or many others on either side thrust themselves into the spotlight like trump does.
So lies -- or not lies -- is not the issue with you? Nor a biased or partisan manner of reporting the news?.

Apparently what is supposed to matter is whether or not the viewer/listener LIKES the style, and when we are referring to the channels that do this kind of thing, they know for a fact that their audiences tune in hoping to have the President be vilified.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So lies -- or not lies -- is not the issue with you? Nor a biased or partisan manner of reporting the news?.

Apparently what is supposed to matter is whether or not the viewer/listener LIKES the style, and when we are referring to the channels that do this kind of thing, they know for a fact that their audiences tune in hoping to have the President be vilified.

It is clear to anyone who gives a modicum of thought to trump's myriad statements that are irrefutably false, and in many cases downright lies that blaming the particular network for exposing such is simply a veiled attempt to rationalize.

Style? I noted a recent lie regarding Puerto Rico...and anyone who chooses to give a modicum of attention is fully aware that he lies as easily as he breathes. He even lied about where his father was born...to what end.

It also isn't a matter of hope because one need only witness, watch, and hear him without punditry to know he has no association or commitment to truth.

I suppose the acknowledgement of these facts is quite repulsive to his loyal followers...nevertheless one can't twist and spin all of his falsehoods without aligning themselves in the same mire of lies, distortions, and falsehoods.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A great early Republican president is believed to have said (by people after his death but close to his time, who may have heard him in person) :

"You can fool all of the people some of the time, and you can fool some of the people all of the time; but you can’t fool all the people all the time."

Whatever precise wording Lincoln may have actually used, I think we can all get the gist of this well enough.

But perhaps we would take more comfort in scripture instead. I know I would. Lemme find that verse(s).

Would this fit?

"The naive believes everything, But the sensible man considers his steps."—Proverbs 14:15

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi albion,

I'll give some credit to this having become an us vs. them conflict that is sometimes split over picayune issues. However, a lot of that is because that's the way the president himself makes it to be. His words have encouraged this us vs. them atmosphere. I've said it many times before and it is certainly worth considering often that President Trump is his own worst enemy in 'why' our political landscape has become what it is.

Nobody likes to be insulted. Even if one takes the position, "well, they insulted him first", the President of the United States should act better than a kindergarten child. However, I don't agree that candidate and now President Trump was insulted first. He began this political journey of his by slamming his opponents with derogatory name calling.

I think it is also quite evident that it is the man's nature to give at least a double portion of whatever he perceives that he got. It would, so it seems to me, be absolutely impossible for the man to allow a perceived slight to pass. Just as he has done with China, he started this trade war with tariffs and if China even thinks to consider retaliatory tariffs against the U. S,, President Trump slams them at least twice as hard with retaliatory tariffs back. It is now and has long been, for anyone who has followed his life of constant court battles, his nature to hurt and punish others to the nth degree.

He's not a negotiator. He's a punisher. He punishes those he is against until they cry uncle. That may have served him well in private business, but international political relations aren't so easily handled in that manner even though he continues to tell us that all these things his put himself against are so 'easy' for him to accomplish. They're not easy, but he enjoys the game. He relishes everyone out here in the real world being at each other's throats. He's actually commented that he thinks that kind of dog eat dog relational model works best and he does his best to keep it going. Even this issue of border security could have been handled much better if he hadn't started all the name calling of those not in agreement with him, and had operated more as a negotiator, than a iron fisted dictator with terrible manners.

Maybe we should nickname him 'Crusher', because that's really the only way he knows to work with others. So, I understand your position. I have conversed with you enough times to know what side of the fence that you stand on and I'm sure you also know my position. You seem to be perfectly satisfied with 'how' the current leadership of our nation is operating. Unfortunately, I'm not. I'd prefer a national leader with a bit more maturity and respect in how he treats others.

Cut out the constant name calling through tweeting. Stop the insanity of promoting the base narcissistic nature. Hold yourself up as more circumspect and studied in the issues that you are involved in. Be a mature man! Stop whining and crying because you don't think you're being treated fairly. Let's get the national government back to governing with some semblance of order and respect for one another no matter what party affiliation one is. That's your job as president! To oversee the smooth and mature and respectful operation of the federal government. To guide the nation with some amount of respect for others, no matter their individual and personal beliefs.

Don't continue this circus atmosphere of lies and innuendos and constant braggadocio that you're doing so great when it's fairly obvious that you aren't. Despite your claims made in the beginning that it was all going to be so easy, not only have we all seen now that it isn't so easy and that you're the largest reason that it isn't so easy. Learn to be a negotiator and not a punisher in 'how' you get others to work with you and bend to your will.

As the old saying goes, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Despite his oft repeated claims for himself, I think it broadly evident that he is not some 'great negotiator'.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Winner
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0