In Christ Alone
Feb 2, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
✟7,659.00
Faith
Christian
16th January 2003 at 09:59 AM endure said this in Post #37

what kind of God would do that? punish me for something i had no way to avoid?

Who are we to question God? Can the clay say to the potter, "Why have you made me like this?" God does with us as he pleases. Read Romans 9. Although we don't understand it, some people were made for the sole purpose of being used for destruction and God's wrath. Yet, they are still responsible becuase they are sinners. Our thoughts certaintly are not God's thoughts. We can't fathom how God's soveriegn choice and man's responsibilty connect. They do, nonetheless.

Upvote 0

Gabriel

I Once Was Lost, But Now Am Found
Oct 10, 2002
FL
Visit site
✟19,059.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:wave: Hey SG! Nice to see you around again.

Here's a good link for ya www.sermonaudio.com Good stuff. I hope you're not on dial up, that may slow you down.

Whoops almost forgot why I was posting.

Endure,

As far as being held resposible for what we had no choice in doing. Consider Judas Iscariot. • Mark, 14:21
The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.

You see, Judas was doing as was laid out for him to do. He was doing his part to fulfill the plan laid out for Christ. Was he held responsible? Certainly. I, for one, do not question God in this. I praise Him that He is holy, sovereign and merciful toward His elect. Be thankful rather than resistant.

Upvote 0

Follower of Christ

Literal 6 Day Creationist<br />''An Evening and a
Mar 12, 2003
✟7,754.00
Faith
Christian
i really am enjoying this website.

I disagree with a few things here and there, but I love seeing so many who read their bibles and actually understand it.

Most of the Christians I am around Love the Lord but do not really love the bible much.

This is GREAT.....

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
16th October 2002 at 12:51 PM new2calvin said this in Post #5

Predestination:
I believe that there is predestination both to heaven and to hell. God chooses some for heaven and some for hell...thats just how it is...even the Apostle Paul preached predestination (Eph 1:4-5,11; Thess 1:4; 2Thess 2:13-14; 2Tim 1:9). And Paul was an Apostle of Jesus woudl God really alow something like that in th eBible if it were not true.

Free Will:
We do have "free will" but its not total free will like some people woul like to believe. Some say we hve the free will to chose whether we are saved or not and that is simply not true. We have the ability to make conscious choices but even those are sovreignly controlled by God. Even the ability to repent and exercise faith in Christ must be granted by God(Acts 5:31; 11:18; 16:14; 18:27; Phil 1:29) since, left to ourselves, we will only "recieve the grace of God in vain"(1 Cor 15:2; 2 Cor 6:2). THus, what God demands (namely, repentence and faith), he also supplies.

God be praised
I am also a believer in double predestination (supralapsarian)

Most Christians say the words that God is sovereign...but they keep adding BUTS to it..We are indeed in the minority..but truth is not a popularity contest:>)

Glad to meet you

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Today at 02:50 PM CCWoody said this in Post #85

What?!!? A Predestination thread and nobody invited me. A Pox on my brethren!!!

Your friendly neighborhood Cordial Calvinist
Woody.

You were predestined to find it!

Upvote 0

CCWoody

Voted best Semper Reformada signature ~ 2007
Mar 23, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟8,255.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Today at 02:11 PM rnmomof7 said this in Post #84

I am also a believer in double predestination (supralapsarian)

BTW, Supralapsarian is not double Predestination. Your terminology is mixed up.

supralapsarian
  • One of that class of Calvinists who believed that God's decree of election determined that man should fall, in order that the opportunity might be furnished of securing the redemption of a part of the race, the decree of salvation being conceived of as formed before or beyond, and not after or following, the lapse, or fall.
infralapsarian
  • One of that class of Calvinists who consider the decree of election as contemplating the apostasy as past and the elect as being at the time of election in a fallen and guilty state; -- opposed to Supralapsarian. The former considered the election of grace as a remedy for an existing evil; the latter regarded the fall as a part of God's original purpose in regard to men.

These definitions aren't perfect, but they would serve as a beginning, should somebody wish to travel down that road.

FWIW, I am an infralapsarian Mrs. TULIP girl.

Woody.

Upvote 0

Wrigley

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟21,012.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
14th February 2003 at 01:51 PM Defender of the Faith 777 said this in Post #55

All right! Everytime I get on, I meet another scholar of Reformed doctrine.

Hey Calvinist! Welcome to CF!

I've heard of 4 pointers, but how are you a 4.75 pointer?

I'm a 5 myself.

&nbsp;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ragman

Mar 8, 2003
Visit site
✟302.00
Faith
Christian
Christ by nature of His divinity is the One by whom all things have come into existence and the One in whom all things are held together. And, He is the chosen One. Whatever becomes of Him, becomes of all men. If all men are not affected by His incarnation, then all men are not held together in Him.

Upvote 0

Wrigley

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟21,012.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Today at 03:50 PM CCWoody said this in Post #85

What?!!? A Predestination thread and nobody invited me. A Pox on my brethren!!!

Woody.

It was just being kept warm for your arrival.

fishing lately?

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Today at 05:10 PM Ragman said this in Post #91

Christ by nature of His divinity is the One by whom all things have come into existence and the One in whom all things are held together. And, He is the chosen One. Whatever becomes of Him, becomes of all men. If all men are not affected by His incarnation, then all men are not held together in Him.

So then you are a univeralist??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Today at 05:19 PM Ragman said this in Post #96

No

I guess I do not understand your point..

Upvote 0

Ragman

Mar 8, 2003
Visit site
✟302.00
Faith
Christian
Folks tend to have no difficulty is seeing how all mankind was affected by the sin of one mere man, Adam. Yet when the God Himself becomes man, like us in every way, and lives a life of faithfulness to His Father, suffers, dies, rises again and ascends to the Father, they want to say that it was either:

1. Potential for all mankind or,
2. It did not involve all mankind

It is a denial of the divinity of Christ who holds together all mankind in Himself.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Today at 05:41 PM Ragman said this in Post #98

Folks tend to have no difficulty is seeing how all mankind was affected by the sin of one mere man, Adam. Yet when the God Himself becomes man, like us in every way, and lives a life of faithfulness to His Father, suffers, dies, rises again and ascends to the Father, they want to say that it was either:

1. Potential for all mankind or,
2. It did not involve all mankind

It is a denial of the divinity of Christ who holds together all mankind in Himself.

Do you believe that Jesus satisifed the wrath of God on the cross?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.