Visit site
✟15,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Riley, our oldest, woke up around 5:30 and said that she had a headache and "the inside" of her ear hurt. She didn't have a fever but I gave her some baby asprin (for her headache) and sent her back to bed. When she got up this morning I asked her if her ear was hurting and she said no. (I figured that it would be hurting and I would have to take her in for an ear infection) Anyway around 11:20 she said that her ear was hurting again, so I told her to let me look. I could see there was a bunch of wax in there so I told her to go get a Q-Tip so I could clean it out. I pulled her ear lobe down a bit and was about to clean her ear out when she jumped up screaming. I got her to calm down and come back to me...her ear was bleeding! Her ear drum had busted!! :( She was still acting fine and didn't feel like she had a fever (after taking her temp she did have about a 101-102 fever) Anyway, Eric and her are at the Dr. right now. She says that it feels clogged up and that she really can't hear very well out of it. Prayers would be greatly appreciated!

mistygail

Feb 21, 2002
Broken Arrow, OK
Visit site
✟15,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, they are back from the Dr. while she was there her temp was 100.4 when she got home it was 105.5...looks like the meds I gave her this morning wore off! Anyway, the Dr says that her ear drum didn't burst...that her ear is infected. I can't imagine HOW it didn't burst it was bleeding...A LOT and when she got home and laid down it started bleeding again! (things that make you go hmmmmmm) So he gave her amox. and told us to use the ear drops that they had just given us for the baby about two weeks ago. Thanks for the prayers hopefully she'll start feeling better soon and whatever is causeing it to bleed will stop!

Upvote 0

Avila

Boohoo moomoo, cebu
Feb 6, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟2,479.00
Faith
Catholic
If she seems to have recurring ear infections (or the baby, for that matter - who BTW, is just a few days older than Tommy) you can put warm garlic oil or mullein oil in her ears. You can get mullein at the health food store, and if you put some garlic in it and heat it up to room temperature, you've got a double-duty concoction! Something about the mullein and the garlic being antibacterial - fights the infection. Also, keep her cut back on the dairy products and sugary foods. That will help prevent any yeasties from trying to make her feel even worse. I hope you don't mind unsolicited advice from a mommy of only 1... It's just something that my family swears by.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Avila

Boohoo moomoo, cebu
Feb 6, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟2,479.00
Faith
Catholic
They are natural remedies. I try to use those before anything else. I'm not too stubborn to take the baby to the doc, though.

Ooh. One thing I forgot to add - you can give them yogurt. The acidopholus in it actually helps the body fight off the infection. Or you can buy kids acidopholus and mix it into their food.

Upvote 0
My Sarah had horrible recurrent ear infections. She got her first ear infection (ruptured ear drum!) at 6 WEEKS old, and was on some form of antibiotic the first year and a half of her life. As soon as she was taken off the antibiotic, the ear infection would come back with a vengence. She was excusively breast fed until she was 13 months old inasfaras dairy goes. She finally was given tubes at 14 months. I fought them tooth and nail, but I must say, I was wrong. Her hearing was compromised for the first year of her life, and now, at 6, we are still having issues with her speech and her maturity level....she is still quite "young". The doctor feels it is because she did not hear for 14 months or more, and that she will catch up eventually.

So, I say all this to say...if they mention tubes for the baby, consider them. Pray about it, and seek God. I was so fearful of the anesthesia, but Sarah did fine. And I often wonder if she had gotten them at 8 months, when they wanted to do them, if she would have the issues (however minor they may be) now.

Blessings,
Tammy

Upvote 0

Avila

Boohoo moomoo, cebu
Feb 6, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟2,479.00
Faith
Catholic
I agree. especially if they are recurrent like Tammy's Sarah. Tommy has had a few ear infections and one bout of tonsillitis, and he's still breastfed. I think some babies are more prone to them than others, and it doesn't matter if you are breastfeeding or not (just that the breastfeeding might help them to not be so bad).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.