Dec 8, 2012
✟17,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately, a lot of things were lacking in my instruction as a catechumen before my chrismation. One thing was that I was never instructed when to pray the lengthy prayers before Communion that are in my prayerbook. Are these best prayed at home in the morning before going to liturgy or do you pray them while attending Orthros?

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately, a lot of things were lacking in my instruction as a catechumen before my chrismation. One thing was that I was never instructed when to pray the lengthy prayers before Communion that are in my prayerbook. Are these best prayed at home in the morning before going to liturgy or do you pray them while attending Orthros?

At home where you can pray by yourself where their is not a lot of noise around and you can think clearly.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I usually get up early Sunday morning and say them at home in my prayer corner.
According to the instruction in one of my prayer books, they can also be said the night before.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I try to do some preparation the night before, but I'm always careful to pray st least some of them during the service before the Eucharist, and especially going over important parts in my mind while waiting, just to keep me focused (that or the Jesus prayer). Unfortunately I have duties with children just at the start of Holy Communion, so I'm often not so focused anymore. Hopefully I will adjust and relearn.

Reactions: handmaiden64
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I REALLY miss the post-communion prayers. They were an important time for me, and I confess that when things moved all by too quickly I used to miss my place in the choir for the next singing because I was still praying.

Now I have to take the children immediately. There is time for only quick remembered prayers while walking. And I miss it.

We have cards to say the Trisagion prayers before class starts. I'm planning to make up post-communion prayer cards instead and switching to those. At least some prayer(s). I think it's important the children learn to do that as well.

Reactions: handmaiden64
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums