Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to ask prayer for you guys for guidance. We have been at our current church about 9-10 years but feel like we may need to be making a move. I would appreciate prayer about this. This is a big thing for us to change churches. Thanks.
kk

I'm praying for you and your family, KayKay. We went through a similar time last summer, when the Lord took us out of the church we had been in. The season was over--it was time for us to move. He sent us--and I mean sent us, because it was clear that was where He wanted us to be--to another church which has been such a blessing to us.

A passage that helped a lot was in Ezekiel 47, where the Word is talking about the river, symbolic of the presence of the Holy Spirit and His anointing. Then in Ezek. 47:11 it says, "But its swamps and marshes will not be healed; they will be given over to salt." I was struck by that. The Lord gave me this understanding. We tend to go to churches where the River used to flow. But then for whatever reason, the River of God's presence is not flowing there anymore--that place has become a marsh. God doesn't want us to stay in the marshes. When there is no new flow of the Spirit, that is a marsh.

We moved to a tiny church where the River was flowing. We have been so blessed.

Upvote 0
K

kaykay55

I'm praying for you and your family, KayKay. We went through a similar time last summer, when the Lord took us out of the church we had been in. The season was over--it was time for us to move. He sent us--and I mean sent us, because it was clear that was where He wanted us to be--to another church which has been such a blessing to us.

A passage that helped a lot was in Ezekiel 47, where the Word is talking about the river, symbolic of the presence of the Holy Spirit and His anointing. Then in Ezek. 47:11 it says, "But its swamps and marshes will not be healed; they will be given over to salt." I was struck by that. The Lord gave me this understanding. We tend to go to churches where the River used to flow. But then for whatever reason, the River of God's presence is not flowing there anymore--that place has become a marsh. God doesn't want us to stay in the marshes. When there is no new flow of the Spirit, that is a marsh.

We moved to a tiny church where the River was flowing. We have been so blessed.
Thanks for your prayers and your comments, Ariel.:hug: I think your words may very well have some personal meaning which I will consider very carefully...and prayerfully.

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will keep you in my prayers: KayKay, buttercup, rebornfree, fallingwater's daughter, gratefulgrace mil. I hope I did not leave anyone out.

I have more of a favor more then a prayer request. Although she would appreciate prayer a friend of mine who is ill needs a good laugh once in awhile. Some people like to send others forwards and she would appreciate getting some funny or just interesting ones. If you or someone you know would like to add my email address to things to forward to others I would appreciate it. I think my email address is in my contact info under my profile? I will check and make sure.
Thanks to you all.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

keeptrying

Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think they show email addresses anymore. There is a place to email me and if you will I will give you my email address. I would post it here but I dont' know if I'm suppose to do that. Why can't things be more simple?

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hiyah keep'

I often get forwarded emails sent on to me
Many are often hilarious, and NOT ALL may be posted here
If, you would like to email me ... I will then have an address to send them on to

dave_dajobauk@hotmail.co.uk

This, will save you publishing your's on the boards

I gave up... being shy [aged 10 years]

:wave:

your Bro'

dave

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I would like to ask prayer for you guys for guidance. We have been at our current church about 9-10 years but feel like we may need to be making a move. I would appreciate prayer about this. This is a big thing for us to change churches. Thanks.
kk

Sorry kaykay for some unknown reason I addressed my response to this post with Buttercups name. I apologize I did know it was you though.

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hiyah keep'

I often get forwarded emails sent on to me
Many are often hilarious, and NOT ALL may be posted here
If, you would like to email me ... I will then have an address to send them on to

dave_dajobauk@hotmail.co.uk

This, will save you publishing your's on the boards

I gave up... being shy [aged 10 years]

:wave:

your Bro'

dave

Thank you Dave, I sent you an email.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keeptrying

Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will keep you in my prayers: KayKay, buttercup, rebornfree, fallingwater's daughter, gratefulgrace mil. I hope I did not leave anyone out.

I have more of a favor more then a prayer request. Although she would appreciate prayer a friend of mine who is ill needs a good laugh once in awhile. Some people like to send others forwards and she would appreciate getting some funny or just interesting ones. If you or someone you know would like to add my email address to things to forward to others I would appreciate it. I think my email address is in my contact info under my profile? I will check and make sure.
Thanks to you all.

You can also send me a PM and I will send you my email address that way you will not have to give out yours.

Reactions: buttercup2000
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you everyone who prayed for me recently. :) The problem is partly solved and I feel much better, at the moment. Praise God! :clap:I would appreciate prayer for a doctor's appointment I have on Friday though. Many thanks. Sue :)

Reactions: keeptrying
Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am in the process of starting an internet business to supplement my retirement income/social security. Please pray for this business that God will make it a success.
DRL/Diana

I am praying for you, Diana.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you everyone who prayed for me recently. :) The problem is partly solved and I feel much better, at the moment. Praise God! :clap:I would appreciate prayer for a doctor's appointment I have on Friday though. Many thanks. Sue :)

Praying for you, Sue.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

leytonstones

Senior Contributor
Mar 23, 2006
✟45,429.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I do worry that I am boring you with our situation but we have now been advised that Rob's radiotherapy treatment is scheduled to start on 12th August. We have to attend the hospital a couple of times before that date for preliminary scans etc.

We are relieved that things are now starting to happen. We know that Rob can't wait too much longer for this treatment to begin because of the size of the tumour (about the size of a golf ball pressing on the brain stem).

Our love and grateful thanks to all who have been holding us up in prayer.:hug:

Ley :):wave:

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
gratefulgrace said:
Praying Ley Glad to hear that you have a date.
I am praying that you will be kept surrounded and secure in God's love through it all.

Leytonstones said:
I do worry that I am boring you with our situation
but we have now been advised that Rob's radiotherapy treatment
is scheduled to start on 12th August.
We have to attend the hospital a couple of times before that date
for preliminary scans etc.
We are relieved that things are now starting to happen.
We know that Rob can't wait too much longer for this treatment to begin
because of the size of the tumour
(about the size of a golf ball pressing on the brain stem).
Our love and grateful thanks to all who have been holding us up in prayer.

Hiyah Sis' Ley'

Now dont you start becoming anxious [over the inconsequential ?]

By way of reply....

If, and WHEN, we, wish to follow the Lord's footsteps
become more LIKE HIM [imitate Him]
THEN, not only must we HEAR every prayer/ request
BUT, we must sing them out to God
AND, request His Divine Intervention
AND, Praise Him for His ALMIGHTYNESS
AND, submit to His will

Dear Sis'

We are about to see the Lord at work on Rob