Worddancer

Dec 29, 2003
Midwest, US
✟9,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praying for each request, knowing He answers as if it were the only thing needing His attention. I especially felt touched by Sue's plea for freedom to see the richness of His tender love for her, since that was something I struggled with so personally as well. One of the many things given to me throughout these past weeks was a very helpful book titled "The Healing Moment" by Betsy Lee. It's as if Betsy wrote alongside my own heart, sharing so much of what I have learned myself about His amazing love for me . . me, who deserved it least. I used to be so blanketed with guilt that I could hardly get up in the mornings, it truly IS a disabling tactic of the enemy.

There is freedom, and more than anything else, God wants us to know beyond the shadow of a doubt just how much He adores us . . I wish that unshakable, unmovable realization for you as well, Sue, and have committed you to a special place in my prayers.

Upvote 0
K

kaykay9.0

Praying for each request, knowing He answers as if it were the only thing needing His attention. I especially felt touched by Sue's plea for freedom to see the richness of His tender love for her, since that was something I struggled with so personally as well. One of the many things given to me throughout these past weeks was a very helpful book titled "The Healing Moment" by Betsy Lee. It's as if Betsy wrote alongside my own heart, sharing so much of what I have learned myself about His amazing love for me . . me, who deserved it least. I used to be so blanketed with guilt that I could hardly get up in the mornings, it truly IS a disabling tactic of the enemy.

There is freedom, and more than anything else, God wants us to know beyond the shadow of a doubt just how much He adores us . . I wish that unshakable, unmovable realization for you as well, Sue, and have committed you to a special place in my prayers.
I also thought of a book which I found helpful with my own struggles in this area entitled The Singing God by Sam Storms. Sue, you could order, I'm pretty sure, from www.amazon.com

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you everyone for your prayers, hugs and lovely messages. :hug::hug: They lifted me. I've found both books on Amazon, and was able to read the first chapter of Sam Storms' online :). It was lovely to read that God delights in us, but how can we have such blessings when so many will be separated from Him for eternity? I suppose I must focus on the fact that God's love is available to them too if only they'd accept it. Why would anyone refuse it :confused:? I find this such a distressing issue, and feel lonely as I don't know for sure that any of my family are/were saved :(. God is helping me through these issues though, and I really appreciate your concern and prayers. :hug:

:pray: for other requests including the terror threats and your friend Jan. (Is he the one you've mentioned before?) Continued prayers for you Worddancer :hug:, and for all my GE friends :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also thought of a book which I found helpful with my own struggles in this area entitled The Singing God by Sam Storms. Sue, you could order, I'm pretty sure, from www.amazon.com

An email 'JUST-RECEIVED' from our sister AngelDove1

Your Thoughts

by Rick Warren
"Be careful how you think;
your life is shaped by your thoughts"
(Proverbs 4:23 GN).

Long before psychology came around, God said
your thoughts determine your feelings
and your feelings determine your actions.
If you want to change your life, you've got to
control the way you think.

Our minds are really an amazing creation.
It would take a computer the size of a small city
just to carry out the basic functions of your brain.
Your brain contains over one hundred billion nerve cells.
Each individual cell is connected with ten thousand other neurons.

In addition, you're constantly talking to yourself--all the time.
Your mind is talking to you!
You're talking to yourself right now.
Research indicates that most people speak
at a rate of 150 to 200 words per minute,
but the mind can listen to about 500-600 words a minute.
That's why you can listen to me
and plan today's dinner at the same time.

In fact, our internal dialogue--
the conversation we have with ourselves--
is at a rate of 1,300 words per minute.
How? Because our mind sees in pictures,
and you can see a thought in a nano-second!

The problem is a lot of us are like Job,
who says, "Everything I say seems to condemn me" (Job 9:20 GN).
He is saying, in effect, "Everything I say puts me down."

If you are typical to the human race, you are your own worst critic.
We're always putting ourselves down.
We walk into a room smiling, but inside
we're thinking, "I’m fat. I'm dumb. I'm ugly. And I'm always late!"

God wants us to stop putting ourselves down.
When you put yourself down, who are you really putting down?
When you say, "I'm fat. I'm dumb. I'm ugly. I'm no good. I have no talent,"
you're really pointing to the Creator who made you.
When you say, "God, I'm worthless. I'm no good. I can't do anything,"
you're saying, "God, you blew it with me."
That's why God says it's wrong to put yourself down.

How do you eliminate negative self-talk
so you can become a more confident person?

The Bible teaches the principle of replacement:
"Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right . . .
Think about all you can thank God for and be glad about"
(Philippians 4:8 TLB).

In other words, don't think about all those weaknesses in your life.
Focus on who God wants you want to be
and on what God wants to do in your life.
I don't know any better antidote to low self-esteem
(or to facing your hurts, habits, and hang-ups)
than to read God's word every day:
study it, memorize it, meditate on it, and apply it in your life.

There isn't a better thing you can do to raise your confidence level
than to start believing what God says about you.
As I read through the Bible, chapter by chapter, I find a verse that speaks to me.
I write it down on a card, memorize it, and then I start affirming it back to God.
"Father, thank you that I am valuable;
I am significant; I am forgivable; I am capable."
Let God renew your mind because

"your life is shaped by your thoughts" (Proverbs 4:23 GN).

"Peace dwells in the heart made right with God"

Glory

(Gloria,GLO,AngelDove ^o^)

Thank you AngelD' Sis'

your Bro'

dave

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
David poured out his heart to God telling him just the way he felt, BUT he knew that God was bigger than the reality he faced in his struggles against King Saul. He also talked to his spirit and continually reminded it of the truth of who God is and the hope that is in HIM>Lord help us to continually tune into your truth and your mercy and your reality even as we struggle emotionally. AMEN

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 42:1To the Chief Musician. A Contemplation [fn] of the sons of Korah. As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 42:2My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 42:3My tears have been my food day and night, While they continually say to me, "Where [is] your God?"

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 42:4When I remember these [things], I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go with the multitude; I went with them to the house of God, With the voice of joy and praise, With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 42:5Why are you cast down, O my soul? And [why] are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him [For] the help of His countenance. [fn]

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 42:6O my God, [fn] my soul is cast down within me; Therefore I will remember You from the land of the Jordan, And from the heights of Hermon, From the Hill Mizar.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 42:7Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls; All Your waves and billows have gone over me.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 42:8The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, And in the night His song [shall be] with me-- A prayer to the God of my life.
copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 42:9I will say to God my Rock, "Why have You forgotten me? Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?"

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 42:10[As] with a breaking of my bones, My enemies reproach me, While they say to me all day long, "Where [is] your God?"

copyChkboxOff.gif
Psa 42:11Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Worddancer and kaykay - sorry that I missed the fact that you both had had difficulties with similar issues: :pray: and :hug:. You are kind, caring people; I hope God has healed you. I can identify with disabling guilt Worddancer. Mine was psychological as it was for things I could not be responsible for (some of them happening years before I was born!). God has been showing me its source though, and I now see that it is not from Him. It takes time to understand these things but I know He is in the process of healing me, and I give Him the glory for that and thank those of you who have prayed for me. The distress I felt on Saturday was one of the worst times of my life, but I am gradually getting over it. (I think Satan played on it too, as I was in the process of praying for an evangelical event when it happened - the sort of thing he would attack!) Many thanks to those who have shown such care and understanding. :hug:

Continuing to :pray: for other requests.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

buttercup2000

Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem
Nov 25, 2007
New York City
✟39,326.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
My prayers for all of our Golden Eagle friends and family.

Asking prayer for my friend's husband who is in the hospital with a blood clot in his lung and my boss' aunt who is critically ill in the hospital.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.