West Virginia
✟58,374.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pray for me. I fell away and it's extraordinarily hard getting back on my feet. The world has many chains and anchors and the bonds are hard to break. My mind gets in the way of my heart and my soul is in disarray. Thanks.

Upvote 0

musicluvr83

Mar 6, 2010
✟8,320.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Pray for me. I fell away and it's extraordinarily hard getting back on my feet. The world has many chains and anchors and the bonds are hard to break. My mind gets in the way of my heart and my soul is in disarray. Thanks.

Lord, have mercy! :crosseo:

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Baby steps! :hug: Too big steps and it's crash and burn!
The world is a PITA!!! It would be so much easier if there wasn't a bazillion things around... esp the material ones (I'm not talking living in a cave here but imagine the world without TV or computers... wow, I'd actually get something done).
My mind is the same way... I want to kick my mind in the rear half the time. Haven't come up with a good way yet...
Prayers for you!!! And welcome back!!!

Upvote 0

Breaking Babylon

Who is this King of glory?
Site Supporter
Jan 1, 2006
West Virginia
✟58,374.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Baby steps! :hug: Too big steps and it's crash and burn!
The world is a PITA!!! It would be so much easier if there wasn't a bazillion things around... esp the material ones (I'm not talking living in a cave here but imagine the world without TV or computers... wow, I'd actually get something done).
No kidding! I always preach about being unplugged, but I'm pretty plugged in, myself. I've started reading my Bible again lately though, and a few rough attempts at prayer. I also try to at least fill in some of my 'plugged in' time with edifying, faithful songs, words and images.[/quote]
My mind is the same way... I want to kick my mind in the rear half the time. Haven't come up with a good way yet...
Prayers for you!!! And welcome back!!!
Thank you for your prayers and the welcome, Jenn! And everyone else, of course. :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jan 15, 2011
✟7,677.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Please pray for me. The other day, I was lying in bed and I went to stand up. As I finally stood, my right leg spasmed and I fell on the floor. My right hip and thigh have been hurting just a bit lately, even when only sitting. I'm not sure what the problem is and if it's serious, but I would like your prayers. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Jan 15, 2011
✟7,677.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have been very spiritually tired of my current church. It is non-denominational, and I feel that the Lord has been leading me to the Orthodox church. I live near one and am going to ask my mother if my father could take me, so please pray that she agrees. She thinks that the Orthodox "worship" the saints and Mary instead of Jesus, which is not true at all. We only ask them for prayer like as we'd do with a friend. Please pray that her heart will be softened. Thank you.

Upvote 0

88Devin07

Orthodox Catholic Church
Feb 2, 2005
✟17,447.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Please pray for people living in Joplin, MO. It has about 50,000 people, including at least 2 of our parish members and many family members of people in our parish.
They haven't been able to contact the two Orthodox parish members, nor some of the family living there. Early news reports say that 3/4 of the town is gone. The hospital tok a direct hit from the tornado.

Upvote 0

88Devin07

Orthodox Catholic Church
Feb 2, 2005
✟17,447.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Update: The members of our parish are alright and weren't hit directly by the tornado.
The brother (and his wife/kid) of a member of our parish was directly in the tornado's path. They lost their cars, their house and their pets, but they are alright. The husband took a really rough beating because he was shielding his wife and kid from the flying debris.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please keep me, my wife and 3 kids in your prayers. We came to Boston 5 years ago for me to attend Holy Cross. After a year and with a number of difficulties with our oldest son, I was asked to leave the school and not return. Since then we have moved 3 times in the Boston area in 4 years and are now being forced to move yet again. I've got a good job as a computer network administrator but was out of work at the end of last year so we have no savings to put down for a security deposit (around here 3 months rent is typical ($4000-5000 down). I've lost so much of my faith since we came here that I dont even find comfort in the services or prayers anymore. I simply struggle to keep my family in once piece from day to day. All we want is some stability in our lives for a few years to regroup. So thanks for your prayers as I dont have any left.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I know I'm new here, but I have been a long time lurker. On May 10th, my father unexpectedly fell asleep in the lord from a sudden heart attack. He was only 47 and it has come as a complete shock to all of us. I humbly request prayers for myself and for my family in this trying time.

Prayers to you Niko. Zoi se sas. May his memory be eternal. Lord have mercy on his soul. :liturgy::liturgy:

Please keep me, my wife and 3 kids in your prayers. We came to Boston 5 years ago for me to attend Holy Cross. After a year and with a number of difficulties with our oldest son, I was asked to leave the school and not return. Since then we have moved 3 times in the Boston area in 4 years and are now being forced to move yet again. I've got a good job as a computer network administrator but was out of work at the end of last year so we have no savings to put down for a security deposit (around here 3 months rent is typical ($4000-5000 down). I've lost so much of my faith since we came here that I dont even find comfort in the services or prayers anymore. I simply struggle to keep my family in once piece from day to day. All we want is some stability in our lives for a few years to regroup. So thanks for your prayers as I dont have any left.

I feel for you my friend since my husband is in the ministry also :(...And we have suffered much...since we have moved 7 times! If you want you can pm to me if you need a soundboard. Prayers to you and your family. Do not lose hope and faith as God's will will prevail and you will experience more greater things to come. Just trust in Him!:liturgy::liturgy:

I have some health issues/concerns I don't want to go into- so please keep me in your prayers- if you will.

Prayers seashale I will keep you in my hubby's prayers too :) :liturgy::liturgy:

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0