in the middle of nowhere, Indiana
✟7,797.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I talked on the phone with a Priest this evening and we (my family) are attending an Orthodox Church (OCA), for the first time, this Sunday. Please pray that we feel at home and that our search for a home church is complete....please pray that my husband who is Roman Catholic will have an open heart and mind and feel at home in the Orthodox church as well...and that he can be clear of any "preconceived" ideas of attending a church that has Apostolic Succession other than the Roman Catholic Church (he thinks its only the RCC)...even when presented historical evidence that says otherwise. He says he has an open mind, so please pray. He has tried every church I have suggested, I just pray that this one is it...that we have found truth. I pray that my daughter (who is 3) loves it, too. We are so tired of church hopping.

Upvote 0

Christos Anesti

Oct 25, 2009
Michigan
✟20,114.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've been having a bad time lately and could use some prayers. One of my friends died, then my grandmother died, now I have kidney stones and the flue and think I may have developed migraines because I've been having really bad headaches and am seeing weird lights when I close my eyes. When it rains it poors I guess?

Upvote 0

Blackknight

Servant of God
Jan 21, 2009
Jackson, MI
Visit site
✟10,999.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey guys, if you could spare some prayers for a stranger one of my TKD instructors' daughter recently passed away and her family is really taking it hard. Her name is Cheri FYI.

Also if you could pray for me it would also be appreciated. I haven't been to church since the elevation of the cross and the arrows of the enemy are against me. Having some extra help to get up and go would be nice. :D

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A friend of mine was kicked out of his house by his wife about 6 weeks ago. They were only married 4 years. They have a 6 year old son and a 1 year old daughter. He wants his marriage to continue but she wants her independence. Please pray for the whole situation. This guy has been my friend since I was about 6 months old and is like a brother to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had met an Orthodox woman on another forum (not CF); she had been battling cancer for a long time. I found out she left us on 12/20. Please pray for Martha and her family. She went by the username Theosis...she was very helpful in my journey and for showing us what Orthodoxy looks like.

Upvote 0

musicluvr83

Mar 6, 2010
✟8,320.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I had met an Orthodox woman on another forum (not CF); she had been battling cancer for a long time. I found out she left us on 12/20. Please pray for Martha and her family. She went by the username Theosis...she was very helpful in my journey and for showing us what Orthodoxy looks like.

May Martha's memory be eternal and her soul dwell with the blessed!

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0

Dewi Sant

May 21, 2015
UK
✟62,741.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
As many of you on here may have realised, I severed my communion with the Holy Orthodox Church almost a year ago.
I have not explained the reasons behind that, and I hold that the circumstances which led to such movements are of a devotional and not necessarily public nature.

Anyway, I feel that there is a calling of me back to some sort of affiliation with the Orthodox Church, but with a certain promise, the instruction of the Orthodox Church among the peoples of England (and I pray, by extension the neighbouring Scots, Welsh, and perhaps Irish).
Please, I know this probably sounds crazy, and perhaps I am (too many years reading Theology and perhaps too much sleep and incense), but I sincerely believe that the Church which is revealed unto the English has a yearning for the Orthodox Church, even if she does not realise it, out of no fault of ignorance.

Please, I ask of you that you may join me in prayer as I ask of God to demonstrate unto me that most essential of Christian doctrines; "Thy Will be Done".

Forgive me.
I realise these are proud words from one who is probably best branded as a heretic and an apostate.

Reactions: Kvikklunsj
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.