Visit site
✟435,670.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There’s a verb in Russian, “osirotet’”, “to be orphaned”, which is used when one’s parents have died. Already there, and I feel for you, Fr Matt. My own loss was catastrophic, and heralded the end of having a close person who understood me well that I could open my heart to. She was the last one, and the turn to Islam was crushing beyond words. I don’t know how bright or dark your own experience is; mine has been incredibly dark, but my condolences, and may her memory be eternal!

Upvote 0

Wildflower3

Sep 24, 2019
Suburbs
✟9,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Can you say a quick prayer for me? I'm struggling with worsening chronic illness and demonic attack which is wearing me down psychologically as well.

Thank you, may the Lord have mercy on your own struggles..

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Im sorry I missed this, memory eternal @ArmyMatt

I lost my father nearly a decade ago but in 2018 a Russian priest with ROCOR really helped my bereavement. He was concelebrating the liturgy of All Saints Day with the retired Bishop Nikolai in Las Vegas. I need to talk to Vladyka Nikolai to find out his name.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Im sorry I missed this, memory eternal @ArmyMatt

I lost my father nearly a decade ago but in 2018 a Russian priest with ROCOR really helped my bereavement. He was concelebrating the liturgy of All Saints Day with the retired Bishop Nikolai in Las Vegas. I need to talk to Vladyka Nikolai to find out his name.
thanks and thank God for that priest!

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Asking for prayers for traveling family members. The risks are considerable. Especially in the next few hours.

+

Kyrie eleison! O God who art everywhere present and fillest all things, protect the relatives of our dear friend @rusmeister from the dangers of travel and vouchsafe to strengthen their guardian angels, and to protect them from anything that might cause them harm, and ensure their safe and timely arrival, through the intercession of our most Glorious Lady Theotokos and ever virgin Mary, and all the saints.

+

This we pray in the name of our beloved Lord, God and Savior Jesus Christ, who livest and reignest with Thee, our Holy Spirit and Comforter, and who is united with Thee in a union of perfect love, sharing in the divine essence of our infinitely glorious, unoriginate, all-loving and all-powerful Father, one God in three persons, the Holy and Life Giving Trinity, that we are called to be an icon of, through cooperation with the Thy uncreated grace and Thine indwelling presence through which we are guided and sustained in the light of Christ, now and ever and unto ages of ages.

Amen.

+

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,670.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
They have crossed the border safely and will soon be home!
It is an important step toward our re-legalization in this exile here. if things had gone wrong, it could have gone very badly.
Glory to God, and thank you for your prayers!

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
if you could pray for the handmaiden of God, Anna. her appendix burst. she is recovering well, but any prayers would help.

thanks!

Is there an Akathist that you would like us to pray, that is appropriate for this?

For example, I was asked to pray a specific akathist when the wife of an Orthodox priest who is a friend of mine was diagnosed with stage four cancer, but she reposed in the Lord just a few weeks later.

By the way, Anna is the baptismal name of my closest surviving relative, and her health is improving, but prayers for her are always appreciated.

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0