Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I just read the 8th day prayers over Hannah’s baby, and she and the baby are doing fine.
Glory to God.

If I could ask your prayers for my daughter Natalie. She has gone into hospital to have labor induced as the baby wasn't growing as expected. She is in her month, so there is little risk involved. She is covered by the prayers of many Saints but we can never have too many prayers :amen:

This is our first grandchild BTW :cool:

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Glory to God.

If I could ask your prayers for my daughter Natalie. She has gone into hospital to have labor induced as the baby wasn't growing as expected. She is in her month, so there is little risk involved. She is covered by the prayers of many Saints but we can never have too many prayers :amen:

This is our first grandchild BTW :cool:
Lord have mercy and praise God!

Upvote 0

Prodigal7

Feb 10, 2007
California
✟11,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am having some job uncertainty. I could get laid off. I also transfer to a different division which could potentially involve moving. Please pray for wisdom for me. I don't really care about making a lot of money but being unemployed would give me some fear.

I have been using one prayer out of the prayer book for God's will (The OCA Orthodox Prayer Book). I have a ROCOR prayer book too. I like both. The OCA one seems to have more situational prayers (prayer before entering church or prayer for when you have a cold). The ROCOR prayer book seems more traditional.

Side note - I am going to do some volunteer work at a monastery 3 hours away from where I live this weekend. I am not in communion yet but they said I can still help out. We will also hit all the services (vespers & liturgy) while we are up there. I am looking forward to it. It will be cold and we will be doing real work but I am up for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Prodigal7

Feb 10, 2007
California
✟11,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lord have mercy!

may I ask what monastery?

It's called the Monastery of St. John in Manton, CA.

I am catching a cold today so I am hoping it doesn't get worse. I am supposed to leave on Friday morning. If it's mild I will still go of course. I have been looking forward to it. If the cold gets worse I don't want to spread it to the monks or other people.

I am a good worker. They need help moving things around from one room to another. I am good at that.

• Prayers
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's called the Monastery of St. John in Manton, CA.

I am catching a cold today so I am hoping it doesn't get worse. I am supposed to leave on Friday morning. If it's mild I will still go of course. I have been looking forward to it. If the cold gets worse I don't want to spread it to the monks or other people.

I am a good worker. They need help moving things around from one room to another. I am good at that.
may it continue to bear good fruit!

Reactions: Prodigal7
Upvote 0

Prodigal7

Feb 10, 2007
California
✟11,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
may it continue to bear good fruit!

Thank you. I feel like the cold is on an upswing.

I am going to go to Vespers tonight and ask for a blessing. I will stand in back not to spread germs of course.

My wife and I watched a cool movie about a Saint yesterday called "Man of God" for free on YouTube. Very inspiring.

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If you could keep my daughter Natalie in your prayers again. She had bleeding and some large clots of blood, so she has not been healing as she should after giving birth. She is also being given strong antibiotics so she won't be able to breast feed for a little while.

Upvote 0

KisKatte

Jesus, send us your Holy Spirit.
Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟53,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its still not over. I have different sort of any painfull brain conditions. Dear Father Army Matt please continue to pray for me every day. Doctors can't help me its in God's hands. Please mention me in liturgy in your church for 40 days. Ok? Will you continue to pray for me?

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Its still not over. I have different sort of any painfull brain conditions. Dear Father Army Matt please continue to pray for me every day. Doctors can't help me its in God's hands. Please mention me in liturgy in your church for 40 days. Ok? Will you continue to pray for me?
Lord have mercy!

Upvote 0