• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Prayer for nameless friend

California Dreamin'

Crazy Cat Lady
Site Supporter
Mar 30, 2004
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟60,435.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Engaged
I have a male friend who would like to remain nameless but he would like to be prayed for. He went to church when he was young and stopped, he is almost 28 now and started to go to church this year with me and wants to dedicate his life now to Christ.
Anyways, he used to smoke pot and now he has a drug dealer wanting 40 dollars from him, he has a inappropriate content channel on his TV that is 20 dollars a month, he lost an 85 dollar cheque, and he has had no job for awhile. He has called to cancel the inappropriate content channel, but I hope that he will not slip into that again, and that he can stay away from drugs. He told me has involved in the drug scene when he was younger, and many of his friends were as well, he got out of that and lost all those friends.
He is a good guy, he had a serious back injury and developed an addiction to pain killer pills, and came clean and went onto the methadone program for pain. (Methadone is also used for heroin addicts but not in this case). It has been a few years and now he is addicted to the methadone too.
I hate seeing a nice guy have all these troubles in his life.

G

godsgirl4ever

canadiancarebear said:
I have a male friend who would like to remain nameless but he would like to be prayed for. He went to church when he was young and stopped, he is almost 28 now and started to go to church this year with me and wants to dedicate his life now to Christ.
Anyways, he used to smoke pot and now he has a drug dealer wanting 40 dollars from him, he has a inappropriate content channel on his TV that is 20 dollars a month, he lost an 85 dollar cheque, and he has had no job for awhile. He has called to cancel the inappropriate content channel, but I hope that he will not slip into that again, and that he can stay away from drugs. He told me has involved in the drug scene when he was younger, and many of his friends were as well, he got out of that and lost all those friends.
He is a good guy, he had a serious back injury and developed an addiction to pain killer pills, and came clean and went onto the methadone program for pain. (Methadone is also used for heroin addicts but not in this case). It has been a few years and now he is addicted to the methadone too.
I hate seeing a nice guy have all these troubles in his life.
After he takes Jesus christ as his savior then all he needs to do is pray to God to take the drugs or whatever it is away & God will do that but he has to give it all to God so that God can take it out of his life 4 ever.

Upvote 0