GA
✟25,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Going to have dinner with my parents and brother tonight. Should be a fun time.

I just got signed up for Maymester and 8 week Summer classes. :thumbsup: I got exactly what I wanted, which is totally unreal, because that never usually happens for me!

Nice! I remember how frustrating trying to get some of those classes could be.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
We have new toilets!!
They were just put in yesterday. This is good for so many reasons. I've been working on getting them in for a while, just haven't had time to focus. I have been trying to follow city guidelines for getting a rebate for replacing our old ones with efficient ones, and it's been confusing. The timing was pretty good since one of our old ones stopped working a week or so before the new ones got put in.

And they look nice!

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good for you WWC. It's always nice to have a toilet or two! :lost:

I have a really good one - our middle boy just got accepted into the volunteer program at the hospital linked to my workplace. :thumbsup: It's very prestigious, because there are always four times more applicants than there are positions available, so it's a pretty good accomplishment to get to this point. I have every faith in him that he can do a good job. For him, it's the first step to starting to build his resume, and the first step into the medical community - even though of course he won't be doing anything even remotely "medical". But regardless, it opens doors, and I am hoping that one of our doctors will take him on as a volunteer in one of the labs next year, which again has prestige, and is a big thing for a high school kid to have on his resume. I'm so grateful though that he got this first step - and he wrote his own essay, which the coordinator said she was very impressed by. :thumbsup:

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

OnlyBelieve

Follower of Jesus
Jan 17, 2012
Australia
✟18,006.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
i'm now self employed and working from home!
Awesome BlueJay, i hope those kids are doing great too! God Bless you all

my capris that i havent worn in 5 years fit me again.
How wonderful, I got into a pair of REAL jeans, haven't worn any since having 3rd baby Nov 2010! feels so good :)

All the kiddies are tucked up in bed, getting some good ol mummy time :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlueJay83

sursum peragemus
Mar 3, 2011
Top of the South, NZ
✟8,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Awesome BlueJay, i hope those kids are doing great too! God Bless you all

How wonderful, I got into a pair of REAL jeans, haven't worn any since having 3rd baby Nov 2010! feels so good :)

All the kiddies are tucked up in bed, getting some good ol mummy time :)
:D
doing amazingly well thank you! God has been so good.
there are no jobs here, people in the church are all amazed at how I was basically begged to start work the same day.
I sent my first invoice and we hadn't even been here a week already.
There have been people in that church who have relocated from the same church as I left, who didn't find a job in over 18 months. "Several months" is pretty normal waiting tome to find something that isn't minimum wage.

it confirmed a dream I had 6months ago that God would give me a business when i got here.

the kids love it here too and have settled in very well.

Upvote 0

TheProject

If it lives in water, I don't eat it...
Oct 11, 2011
GA
✟25,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Had a fantastic sermon this morning that could have been tailor made for something my wife and I are going through. It was very uplifting.

:D
doing amazingly well thank you! God has been so good.
there are no jobs here, people in the church are all amazed at how I was basically begged to start work the same day.
I sent my first invoice and we hadn't even been here a week already.
There have been people in that church who have relocated from the same church as I left, who didn't find a job in over 18 months. "Several months" is pretty normal waiting tome to find something that isn't minimum wage.

it confirmed a dream I had 6months ago that God would give me a business when i got here.

the kids love it here too and have settled in very well.

That's wonderful! What kind of work is it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

illudium_phosdex

Insert witty title here.
Dec 5, 2005
Alaska
✟14,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I quit smoking today. I've planned this for a few weeks and with all the planning I've put into it and the thought and all that, I really feel like this might be the one that will stick.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.