texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not if we have the all-knowing friendenthalord to lead us out of error and back into the truth.[/QUO
Sweetheart whether it was 2,000 years ago OR in 2 hours, this ole girl plans on being ready and my lamps filled with oil, for the time has no bearing on me, HE said many will be sleeping and going about their daily business, true we carry on, BUT we keep watching for Him, because HE IS coming in an hour that we do not expect. It isn't panic for me, it is anticipation to "see" the Lord of all lords and King of all kings, He said He was coming for me and I believe Him.
9a14f90c00ad825d605f308e6a44bf7b.jpg
Slayer I love ya.............be ye ready for you know not when your LORD does come.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, this pope is pretty scary...
Wait till many who thinks they do gods will for world peace
has ones like those who love the Lord and refuse to conform and will only say JESUS is the only way
all others are false, ROUNDED UP as haters.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Recent popes have said that non-Catholics (and even non-Christians) may be able to be saved. They are considered to have a relationship with the Catholic Church.
You are right. The Catholics have become reformed. The OP was about the Catholic Church becoming universalist. Universalism is a theological hypothesis that everyone is going to heaven. It is not the Catholic Church's teaching.

The Unitarian Universalist Church looks into numerous religious scriptures including from the Bible, Buddhism, Taoism, and Hinduism. This word universalist seems to have a different meaning according to its context. Some Unitarians think a life well lived is the best preparation for life after death.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The churches are becoming massively blind. Its all about world peace and safety
and we can all join hands with other gods dung.
Doesn't the bible say ..........when they shall say peace and safety then comes
sudden destruction and they shall not escape. YEAH IT DO>
most are looking for any man, any leader to bring world peace .
THAT IS HOW ANTI CHRIST COMES ON THE SCENE. and interfaith is leading all right to him.
and by HIS peace , ,his answer many shall be killed. Churches are selling out to this dung
pile called interfaith , and no marvle, for the gospel to many has become OH LORD GIVE ME GIVE ME
and not hardly any preach the gospel that saves mens lives.....what a joke and a sell out.
and I shun it to the pits of hades. JESUS IS IS the only way
and all other religions will perish, LEST WE Preach the peace of the gospel
and stop fearing man.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You are right. The Catholics have become reformed. The OP was about the Catholic Church becoming universalist. Universalism is a theological hypothesis that everyone is going to heaven. It is not the Catholic Church's teaching.

The Unitarian Universalist Church looks into numerous religious scriptures including from the Bible, Buddhism, Taoism, and Hinduism. This word universalist seems to have a different meaning according to its context. Some Unitarians think a life well lived is the best preparation for life after death.
exactly a works BASED salvation which saves NONE
the ONLY WORK is to belive in the ONE whom GOD did send
if we do, our fruits bear witness. A good tree wont produce bad fruit
what is the fruit of the wicked..........ITS TO SIN. that is evidence on whether we have Him
or not. HOW WE WALK. be blessed peoples and flee interfaith .

• Agree
Reactions: HeLeadethMe
Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
From "Good Goats: Healing Our Image of God", p.66 via the Paulist Press, 1994:

"The Church, which invokes its infallibility in the canonization of the saints, has never done so with regard to the damned. We cannot know with certainty if even one human soul does in fact go to hell" (quoting Karl Rahner).

"Karl Rahner, S.J. (5 March 1904 – 30 March 1984), was a German Jesuit priest and theologian who, alongside Henri de Lubac, Hans Urs von Balthasar, and Yves Congar, is considered one of the most influential Catholic theologians of the 20th century."

https://www.tentmaker.org/books/hope_beyond_hell.pdf

• Informative
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

gordonhooker

Franciscan tssf
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2012
Wellington Point, QLD
Visit site
✟274,602.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Actually this Pope is a breath of fresh air... A Pope for the people (Liberation Theology) rather than a Pope for the Church hierarchy.

Being a theologian is not a matter of skillfully using methods but of being imbued with the theological spirit. . . liberation theology is a new way of being a theologian. . . Theology (not the theologian) comes afterwards; liberating practice comes first.”
- Leonardo Boff and Clodovis Boff​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
From "Good Goats: Healing Our Image of God", p.66 via the Paulist Press, 1994:

"The Church, which invokes its infallibility in the canonization of the saints, has never done so with regard to the damned. We cannot know with certainty if even one human soul does in fact go to hell" (quoting Karl Rahner).

"Karl Rahner, S.J. (5 March 1904 – 30 March 1984), was a German Jesuit priest and theologian who, alongside Henri de Lubac, Hans Urs von Balthasar, and Yves Congar, is considered one of the most influential Catholic theologians of the 20th century."

https://www.tentmaker.org/books/hope_beyond_hell.pdf
Todays men are lost and they have no business leading any church or flock.
As I am sure you KNOW , clement , JESUS warned and spoke more about HELL
than heaven. YET these renown men think either it don't exist or etc.
God told me something long , long ago.
DONT TRUST MAN , TEST ALL SPIRITS < FOLLOW ONLY CHRIST and flee any doctrine
contrary to HIS sayings. SO amen I do. and amen.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually this Pope is a breath of fresh air... A Pope for the people (Liberation Theology) rather than a Pope for the Church hierarchy.

Being a theologian is not a matter of skillfully using methods but of being imbued with the theological spirit. . . liberation theology is a new way of being a theologian. . . Theology (not the theologian) comes afterwards; liberating practice comes first.”
- Leonardo Boff and Clodovis Boff​
Only problem is.........DONT USE LIBERTY for an occasion to the flesh. NOT FOR SIN.
most think they free. but free from what , I see many swimming in sin
and saying GOD is love and just willfully calling sin love and good.
JESUS did not come so that we would remain in the bondage of sin anddarkness.
HE came to SET the captives free. not to feel free in SIN
free FROM SIN.

• Agree
Reactions: HeLeadethMe
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Paul was crucified by the world, as was Christ
as were many. Yet gay magazine and worldy men give this pope the peace award
HE MUST preach a worldly gospel . YEAH ponder that one.
When unrepentant sinners like your style of preaching, its time to examine thyself .BIG TIME>

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Pope Francis Appoints a Universalist - All Men Will Be Saved - to Replace Müller as Head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith"

"...The twentieth and twenty-first century has seen a growth in universalist sentiment within the Catholic Church."

Mahound's Paradise: Pope Francis Appoints a Universalist - All Men Will Be Saved - to Replace Müller as Head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
ouch that's bad, not surprised though sort of saw something like this coming.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Most leaders and most professed christains would call THE REAL JESUS A HATER
whose the Pharisees now. works saves us interfaith dung .
WHO is the Pharisees now. JESUS warned out against sin
HE didn't say hey for world peace hug budda , kiss a Koran love sin and get along.
WHAT a dung pile most preach today. it stinks to the heights of the clouds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
WE will all stand before the real biblical JESUS at our end
and many, many will hear I NEVER KNEW YOU.
QUIT listning to politically motivated men ,
we have been LIED TOO. Read the bible for yourselves.
Test everything you hear against biblical sound doctrine.
CHURCHES..........they are preaching a false JESUS , one who does not exist
they are preaching another gospel that will lead to perdition.
FLEE THESE MEN OF BELIAL , flee them now.
the world is hearing a gospel that is not preparing the church for JESUS
its preparing the church for ANTI CHRIST
flee it , fleeit and never look back. MY hands are clean from the blood of men
for I did not fail to warn men and tell the true gospel of the true JESUS. amen.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I suppose it all depends on what the active ingredient in the salvation process is. Not everyone believes it's Christ.
The CC teaches that no one gets to heaven except through Christ-whether or not they've heard His name or are otherwise ignorant of Christian truths in general.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Or you could just be spewing your usual anti-Catholic BS.
Or not.
Every criticism of the pope is not anti-Catholicism.
Universialism does seem to be a growing trend among Catholics, including the highest reaches of the Church.
The population of hell may well be 0. Catholic teaching does not specify that it is not. Visions of hell from former saints are not dogmatic.

Albion's observation seems to me to be a valid one. I myself was confirmed by a bishop who personally adhered to the population of hell being 0.

This may be a good thing, or a bad thing, but it is a thing. It is not malicious to Catholicism to point that out.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Forgive me for my ignorance concerning the Roman Church...

But do they actually ordain priests that disagree with their own teaching so significantly? Universalist doctrine would appear to contradict many things in the official Catechism of the Catholic Church. Can a priest keep their ordination and teach contrary to the Roman Church like this?
Yes, this should be reason for discipline- or laicization if extreme.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Pope Francis Appoints a Universalist - All Men Will Be Saved - to Replace Müller as Head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith"

"...The twentieth and twenty-first century has seen a growth in universalist sentiment within the Catholic Church."

Mahound's Paradise: Pope Francis Appoints a Universalist - All Men Will Be Saved - to Replace Müller as Head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
To comment on the article:
God loves all and wants none to perish. Jesus died for all. God’s purpose is to ultimately restore justice to His creation. We can hope, at least, that all would be saved-except for one particular neighbor across the street. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.