Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Missing from the headline - 21% of Republicans support tax paying illegals having the right to vote.

Here's the precise wording of the question - "2* Should illegal immigrants be allowed to vote if they can prove that they live in this country and pay taxes?"

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Irrelevant question since the U.S. Constitution states in Amendment XIX : "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex."

No mention of illegal immigrants or legal residents for that matter.

The better question would be "do you believe illegal immigrants should have a path to citizenship?"

Reactions: Veritas
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Irrelevant question since the U.S. Constitution states in Amendment XIX : "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex."

No mention of illegal immigrants or legal residents for that matter.

The better question would be "do you believe illegal immigrants should have a path to citizenship?"

If Republican evangelicals were really serious about the Christian issues they trumpet most loudly--abortion and homosexuality--they would be doing all they could to open a path to voting citizenship for Mexicans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"Most Democrats Believe Illegal's [sic] Should Have Right to Vote"

And why not? The 'pathway to citizenship' will garner potentially millions of extra votes for the Democratic party, practically ensuring a power position for themselves, and for a long time. (can I get an Amen!)

To me, it looks like an attempt to thwart, or at least subvert the Constitution in order to gain/retain political power. There are specific guidelines and policies and procedures outlined in the Constitution. It's not set up like any, whatever the flavor of the day is type situation. There are rules, embedded and throughout the Constitution.

I was sworn to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. At one point in my life, I signed a blank check, payable to the United States of America, in the amount of up to and including my life. Not many people here can say that.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Republican evangelicals were really serious about the Christian issues they trumpet most loudly--abortion and homosexuality--they would be doing all they could to open a path to voting citizenship for Mexicans.

Very true. Illegal immigrants are typically from rural parts of Mexico and Central America -- areas that are very conservative socially. They would naturally be drawn to the conservative values of the Republican Party...

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Most Democrats Believe Illegal's [sic] Should Have Right to Vote"

And why not? The 'pathway to citizenship' will garner potentially millions of extra votes for the Democratic party, practically ensuring a power position for themselves, and for a long time. (can I get an Amen!)

To me, it looks like an attempt to thwart, or at least subvert the Constitution in order to gain/retain political power. There are specific guidelines and policies and procedures outlined in the Constitution. It's not set up like any, whatever the flavor of the day is type situation. There are rules, embedded and throughout the Constitution.

I was sworn to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. At one point in my life, I signed a blank check, payable to the United States of America, in the amount of up to and including my life. Not many people here can say that.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

uhmmm...you did catch the part where no one is actually trying to do this right? It was a question asked in a poll of 952 people who were then some how (by magic I assume) supposed to represent all of the 319,000,000 rest of Americans opinions. :wave:
tulc(is just pointing some facts out) :)

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
uhmmm...you did catch the part where no one is actually trying to do this right? It was a question asked in a poll of 952 people who were then some how (by magic I assume) supposed to represent all of the 319,000,000 rest of Americans opinions. :wave:
tulc(is just pointing some facts out) :)

Noted.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Could somebody please explain to me what makes somebody "an illegal"?
An "illegal" is someone who not not legally a member/an employee of the corporate United States according to the policies of the said corporation.

Nobody is an "illegal" according to the organic laws or Constitution of the Republic of the several united States.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I did too. The ink was hardly dry when my country suspended my constitutional rights. Oh the irony.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If people pay taxes to support our Republic and live subject to its laws, I think the should have a vote.

That's a big "if". Illegals send $50Billion/year back home to support the Republic of Mexico.

Reactions: Veritas
Upvote 0