Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Or, are you talking about being shot by enemy fire?

I knew I had to do what I was told to do. I never considered that there was a separate set of laws governing soldiers, that excluded some constitutional rights.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I knew I had to do what I was told to do. I never considered that there was a separate set of laws governing soldiers, that excluded some constitutional rights.

Can you imagine a military where all civilian Constitutional rights applied to the military? :D

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can you imagine a military where all civilian Constitutional rights applied to the military? :D

I don't disagree with it. I just pointed out the irony of it.

Reactions: TheBear
Upvote 0

RhaegarTargaryen

May 27, 2015
✟784.00
Faith
Lutheran
More proof polls are only interesting to people who don't understand polls. :wave:
tulc(less then a 1000 people asked to represent 319,000,000?) :sorry:

Did you read the title of the thread?

RhaegarTargaryen(doesn't believe that there are 319.000.000 democrats in the US....)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do see your point about the irony. Even more mind-blowing; it wouldn't work without the irony. What a conundrum. :D

Under the U.C.M.J the military owns you; mind, body, and soul (conundrum solved).

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

RhaegarTargaryen(doesn't believe that there are 319.000.000 democrats in the US....)
The study polled both dems and republicans, so I assume he was referencing the entire US population. Of course, even then it shouldn't be that high because that would include minors. Not that it makes a big difference statistically. The population is so high by that point that excluding minors wouldn't change the margin of error in any significant way.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't agree that they should have the right to vote without going through the citizenship process everyone else does. However, if they are paying taxes, then I see no issue with giving them real work visas so they can be here legally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Nor do I, of course I also don't believe a random sample of 950+ people represents either the Democrats or the Republicans or the independent voters to a level that someone can produce a headline that says:
Most Democrats Believe Illegal's Should Have Right to Vote
but that doesn't seem to have stopped the OP (or Rasmussen for that matter) from doing so. :wave:
tulc(doesn't put much faith in polls) ;)

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So why did you bring up something you knew to be false?
Actually I didn't bring it up, you simply misunderstood what I posted. :wave:

RhaegarTargaryen(thinks that it's bad form to try to derail the thread)
Agree's about that, good thing I didn't do so. :)
tulc(wonders if discussing this is considered derailing the thread?) :scratch:

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Some believe that convicted felons all should get to vote.
I believe that only a citizen in good standing that has not committed a felony should vote.
How long ago you broke the law, should not matter for you getting to vote. (Felons can request the right to vote be returned to them)
Non-citizens can seek permission to vote by becoming a citizen.
Our future should not be directed, nor should people that don't follow our laws, be allowed to vote for people that make our laws.

We restrict (to heavily imho) immigration for a reason, so the economy won't be overwhelmed, so that localities won't be unduly burdened by immigration, that the political system won't be drastically altered based on immigration. Also we restrict admittance to our nation to protect our citizens from those that would harm us.
Our current administration has done little to protect these United States from those that would harm us by bringing deadly ordinance from other countries to use on our people.
Our borders are invisible in places. People can cross them without knowing it.
we need to close the borders, protect the borders so that more people won't enter and harm our country economically or physically.
After the border is closed, then we can figure out how to deal with the people that are here illegally.

If we deal with the millions here, then we will encourage millions more to make the trip for the next time we decide to deal with them. Reagan granted citizenship and people flocked to the states. We have ignored it for too long.
The Dems would love to give blanket citizenship, figuring on millions more votes. They don't care about any other damages this would do.

https://robsrantings.wordpress.com/2009/10/14/the-cow-and-the-ice-cream-how-obama-won-the-election/

They offer ice cream and people vote for them, not realizing they would have to pay triple for the ice cream.

Upvote 0