Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Just thinking out loud here, and I assume I missed it, but what were the big newsworthy developments in say, terrorism or climate change this week?

What were the big developments in the investigation? I believe there were several this week.

Aren't the news agencies going to spend time reporting on news? If nothing really happened what is there to report? I admit, I'd like to hear the latest on the infrastructure proposal. How has that developed this week?

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Just thinking out loud here, and I assume I missed it, but what were the big newsworthy developments in say, terrorism or climate change this week?

There haven't been any big developments in terrorism since Trump took office. Maybe it's too early to draw any conclusions from that, but still, I've noticed...

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm trying to discover the difference between Russian bot attacking USA and Trump supporter. Both are same, and defend Trump at all costs.

As someone from different country it is very strange to watch people put their worship of a man ahead of their own country, particularly man who doesn't care about them at all. You don't know if Trump did anything wrong or not, but instead of demanding that investigators get to bottom, Americans make more and more excuses for the man they worship. Sad!

• Agree
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well anyone can say anything. If I say I'm currently typing on a holocomputer from the year 2146 while riding a flying carpet named bob would you believe me?

I'm just asking for the actual evidence of the hacking. Ok, I'll give a little. Is there a link to a video of these "people" talking about the hacking? I can't find anything on youtube.

Here....

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

If that doesn't satisfy, nothing will...

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Here....

The majority of that report is complaints about bias in RT. The rest of it is simply a reiteration of its conclusions without citing any evidence or any explanation as to how it came to those conclusions. As I said, not convincing at all.

Apparently there's something wrong with the Russian government stating its position on world issues. I think we've come to the reason as to why the US government-media complex hates Russia so much - Russian media provides a counter-narrative to the lies that the US continually spews out...

• Agree
Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
The majority of that report is complaints about bias in RT. The rest of it is simply a reiteration of its conclusions without citing any evidence or any explanation as to how it came to those conclusions. As I said, not convincing at all.

Apparently there's something wrong with the Russian government stating its position on world issues. I think we've come to the reason as to why the US government-media complex hates Russia so much - Russian media provides a counter-narrative to the lies that the US continually spews out...

It says on the first page of the report (emphasis mine):
"Thus, while the conclusions in the report are all reflected in the classified assessment, the declassified report does not and cannot include the full supporting information, including specific intelligence and sources and methods."

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It says on the first page of the report (emphasis mine):
"Thus, while the conclusions in the report are all reflected in the classified assessment, the declassified report does not and cannot include the full supporting information, including specific intelligence and sources and methods."

Well said. But apparently that's not good enough for our friends. They're not believing a whiff of it, unless all the classified intel that those organisations collect is laid out before them...!

• Agree
Reactions: EpiscipalMe
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

What were the big developments in the investigation? I believe there were several this week.

Aren't the news agencies going to spend time reporting on news? If nothing really happened what is there to report? I admit, I'd like to hear the latest on the infrastructure proposal. How has that developed this week?
Infrastructure week was a month or so ago - that's when Trump's proposal to privatize air traffic control fell apart. This is made in America week, where the white house is trying to explain how Trump isn't going to move production of his companies back to America because reasons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well said. But apparently that's not good enough for our friends. They're not believing a whiff of it, unless all the classified intel that those organisations collect is laid out before them...!
And if that happened they'd complain about illegal leaks.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
There haven't been any big developments in terrorism since Trump took office. Maybe it's too early to draw any conclusions from that, but still, I've noticed...

Okay, but in the graph in the OP suggests that Americans care more about terrorism than the overall Mueller investigation, and therefore should be devoting more airtime to developments in terrorism than developments in the Mueller investigation. So what should news agencies be reporting if there have been no developments?

We've had some developments in jobs, we've had some developments in healthcare (or y'know, things basically staying exactly the same), we've had some developments in climate change. But none of these have really been ongoing stories.

The overall Mueller investigation brings new developments, almost daily. Of course it's going to get more coverage.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Infrastructure week was a month or so ago - that's when Trump's proposal to privatize air traffic control fell apart. This is made in America week, where the white house is trying to explain how Trump isn't going to move production of his companies back to America because reasons.

Right. And those stories appeared in my newsfeeds. People care about infrastructure, and when there was news about infrastructure the press reported on it. There really hasn't been any news since, so the press have let it go.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here....

Ok read it (thank you). Problem is in the report many times it says the "hack" actually did not affect the vote tallying. So I was right. There was no hacking of the votes. Trump didn't win because of a hack concerning votes. He won because people voted for him.

All the report basically says is "Russia favored Trump". How is that hacking of any kind? England favors Hillary. Is that hacking too? No of course not. Countries are allowed to like who they want. Now you may say "No, Russia tried to sway people away from Hillary and towards Trump! Its hacking!".

Uh what? Isn't that what Trump and Hillary did to each other? Have smear campaigns to sway people from the other? Thats called politics. Heck the whole world sways people in one way or another. Trying to claim thats "hacking" the election is like claiming persuading your spouse on what movie to see is hacking and wrong.

So in the end this just proves desperation and grasping at straws from anti-Trump people. Again, I don't like Trump but I feel the hate is the strongest I have ever seen from people. If he was really impeachable then people would have found different reasons to do it by now, not just some russian thing that lead no were. Heck I can think of better reasons to show hes not really fit for president.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Ok read it (thank you). Problem is in the report many times it says the "hack" actually did not affect the vote tallying. So I was right. There was no hacking of the votes. Trump didn't win because of a hack concerning votes. He won because people voted for him.

All the report basically says is "Russia favored Trump". How is that hacking of any kind? England favors Hillary. Is that hacking too? No of course not. Countries are allowed to like who they want. Now you may say "No, Russia tried to sway people away from Hillary and towards Trump! Its hacking!".

The hacking that Russia did do is illegal, and it is unacceptable to allow Russia to even attempt to meddle in our election process. It was recently reported that the Russians attempted to hack into voting machines. If they had been successful, it would completely undermine the election. That they were not successful does not make the action okay. If it happens that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to take such action, then the Trump campaign would also have committed that crime. This isn't one of those instances where you just call no harm, no foul.

Uh what? Isn't that what Trump and Hillary did to each other? Have smear campaigns to sway people from the other? Thats called politics. Heck the whole world sways people in one way or another. Trying to claim thats "hacking" the election is like claiming persuading your spouse on what movie to see is hacking and wrong.

So in the end this just proves desperation and grasping at straws from anti-Trump people. Again, I don't like Trump but I feel the hate is the strongest I have ever seen from people. If he was really impeachable then people would have found different reasons to do it by now, not just some russian thing that lead no were. Heck I can think of better reasons to show hes not really fit for president.

Let's suppose a married man attempts to solicit a hooker, but instead gets caught in a police sting. Do you think his wife would be persuaded to let it go if he came back saying that while he tried to cheat on her with a hooker, he was not successful, and therefore is not responsible for it?

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was recently reported that the Russians attempted to hack into voting machines. If they had been successful, it would completely undermine the election. T
If they had success in hacking machines then I'd say obviously things would need to change and it would be a big deal. But since it didn't work then it wans't a big deal. Trump won fair and square.

The hacking that Russia did do is illegal, and it is unacceptable to allow Russia to even attempt to meddle in our election process
But is it really illegal to try and sway people towards or away from someone? I mean if that was the case then wouldn't every politician go to jail because they attempted to sway people towards someone else? Every country and person wants someone to win and will do what they can to sway other voters. Its how it works. Is it a good thing? No, but its how the system works.

Let's suppose a married man attempts to solicit a hooker, but instead gets caught in a police sting. Do you think his wife would be persuaded to let it go if he came back saying that while he tried to cheat on her with a hooker, he was not successful, and therefore is not responsible for it?
Well two very different things really. Though for sake of conversation is the married man suppose be Trump or Russia? If it were Trump who was trying to get Russia to hack stuff, yes he would be in trouble and responsible for it.

Every election there have always been groups of people putting out false info, hacking things, spreading lies and so on. I'm sure some people were swayed by this stuff, but again its not illegal to do it. Immoral maybe but not illegal. Though if I were running I'd probably smear the person running against me to. You don't win by being kind and complimenting your opponent. Maybe that would score some points but if you look weak, it won't help you much.

This election was terrible from both sides so I didn't care for either person. They both did underhanded overly crazy smearing. If Hillary had won then I'm sure the right would be doing the same thing right now, complaining it was a setup, blaming hacking...etc.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If they had success in hacking machines then I'd say obviously things would need to change and it would be a big deal. But since it didn't work then it wans't a big deal. Trump won fair and square.

But is it really illegal to try and sway people towards or away from someone? I mean if that was the case then wouldn't every politician go to jail because they attempted to sway people towards someone else? Every country and person wants someone to win and will do what they can to sway other voters. Its how it works. Is it a good thing? No, but its how the system works.

Well two very different things really. Though for sake of conversation is the married man suppose be Trump or Russia? If it were Trump who was trying to get Russia to hack stuff, yes he would be in trouble and responsible for it.

Every election there have always been groups of people putting out false info, hacking things, spreading lies and so on. I'm sure some people were swayed by this stuff, but again its not illegal to do it. Immoral maybe but not illegal. Though if I were running I'd probably smear the person running against me to. You don't win by being kind and complimenting your opponent. Maybe that would score some points but if you look weak, it won't help you much.

This election was terrible from both sides so I didn't care for either person. They both did underhanded overly crazy smearing. If Hillary had won then I'm sure the right would be doing the same thing right now, complaining it was a setup, blaming hacking...etc.

I give up...it is impossible to debate with the wilfully ignorant....

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If they had success in hacking machines then I'd say obviously things would need to change and it would be a big deal.

It is a big deal. We are talking thousands upon thousands of attacks. They accessed and edited databases that were thankfully reverted, and this is just the stuff we know about.

• Agree
Reactions: Eryk
Upvote 0