Poll: Americans Don't Care About Russia Story

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,583.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I wonder how this compares to Bitherism at this same point.
I don't. Does anyone else? Seems like a pretty bizarre thought, to be honest, given the complete lack of FBI involvement in looking for Obama's birth certificate, the lack of Congressional hearings, the lack of Obama administration firings and resignations related to it, and the complete lack of a special prosecutor investigating it.

You need to tell whoever you're getting these talking points from that this is a dead end for them - all it does it invite people to list all of the ways Trump's behavior is abnormal for someone who is innocent. Comparing them to Obama's treatment of Trump's birther nonsense isn't going to help your comrades in their struggle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,583.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Dude, you're going down the rabbit hole Glenn Beck and Alex Jones went down before.
They investigated why Flynn was fired after his Russia connections became public?

Like I said - this whole "the Russian investigation is a conspiracy theory" is a loser. All it does is make people think more about all of the inexplicable actions of the administration ... at least until you realize that maybe they do have something to hide.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can that be...? The congressional investigations were commenced and are conducted by committees led by REPUBLICANS. The FBI investigation was led by a REPUBLICAN (until he got too enthusiastic about his job and was fired). The investigation of the special prosecutor is one led by a REPUBLICAN. Where exactly are your Democratic 'hunters'...?

Oh, like the meetings Junior repeatedly lied about? Like the meetings Kushner repeatedly omitted to mention? Like the meetings Flynn lied about? Like the meetings Sessions lied about? Like the unscheduled secret meeting between Trump and Vlad at the G20...?

Yeah, you're right....nothing to see here...!

Wrong.
Then how come hes still in office? ^_^

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do I like Trump? No. Do I like Hillary? No. Both are terrible people. If Trump gets impeached, no big deal to me. I at least like Pence.

However being an outsider who has no allegiance to any side, Trump have a big mouth that he speaks with before thinking and he may twist the truth and sound stupid many times. But it seems like this is just a desperate witch hunt to grasp at straws to remove him just so some democrats can say "HA! We still won in the end!"

In other words these people are childish <insert nicknames for what t hey are called> who are mad because Hillary lost. It has nothing to do with Trump being guilty of something. It has to do with they didn't like that Trump said he would win and didn't place nice (I use the term loosely) like most politicians do during the election process.

I'm disgusted by both sides of this because we've gone from being relatively civil to being little kids in a school yard who are using juvenile views. We went from "Turn the other cheek!" and "I'll be the better man and accept defeat!" to "I know you are but what am I?" and "I'm gonna fight you!".

America is a disgusting place right now and I'm ashamed to call myself american. When people ask why I don't stand up for the anthem or don't celebrate July 4th now I tell them because theres nothing great about the country anymore.

Everyone on both sides just wants their views accepted despite the fact its a democracy.All views should be welcome, even ones that we may disagree on. I feel america is going to fall soon. As in fall in on itself like Rome fell. We will just become a laughing stock of the world.

There is a reason we are not mentioned in the bible.

I doubt its treason to have talked to people from another country.

I still haven't seen any. Or at least nothing that will get him impeached.

Lying about talking to people in russia isn't a big deal. Politicians all lie. Now if there was evidence lets say Trump talked with Putin about how to hack the election... that would be a big deal.

Huh? Also it was already proven russia didn't "hack" anything. Every country is involved when it comes to a president winning. Some countries put out smear campaigns for one person and not the other.

Eh. Again having talked to someone in russia is not a big deal.
So how did the Dems and media start this whole Russian investigation?

And yes Russia did hack into the DNC server, did hack into some states voter registration files, and tried to hack into voting machine software systems.
THUS there is an investigation into everything and everyone that has to do with Russia and the election. We don't know who may be pulled into this mess. For all we know Clinton may be pulled into it, or Cruz, or Roger Stone, or some Wall Street bankers, or Russian bankers, or, or, or.......

We don't know but we need to know. If there is nothing major there, good. But hopefully there will be knowledge gained that will help us to keep our election process secure and safe from intrusion. Maybe it will show that we need to tighten up or make laws clearer that pertain to elections, campaigns, and the same for security clearance laws and practices.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
On July 17th, Bloomberg released a poll about what Americans care about most verses what the media cares about the most.

The media devotes 75% of its coverage to Russia, but Russia only concerns 6% of the population. The thing they do care about most, health care, only gets 4% of the coverage.

Here's a breakdown of the media coverage.

june27chart.jpg

If this isn't proof of the media's left-leaning bias, I don't know what is. The main liberal talking points get all the attention, but these aren't the things that matter the most to Americans.

People-vs-Press.png

What Americans Care About vs. What the Media Cares About - Ricochet

The public was not very interested in Watergate either when that story first came out.

Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
To an American political class that despises its own citizens?

To America, they are traitors to the country and so are those who enable them. That might be part of the reason they are despise, and it is well deserved.

If there was hostile intent it is on part of Washington...
...because Washington doesn't seem to believe that Russia should exist except as a vassal of the US

Zero evidence of this of course.

Russia is a sovereign and independent country, rather than a vassal of Washington.

independent is different from the open hostility Russia has shown.

Putin's approval rating is over 80%. He's one of the most popular heads of state in the world. He certainly doesn't need any boogeymen, and Russia is working with us on shared interest in Syria. The US and Russia worked out a cease-fire agreement there just two years ago. It's closer to the truth to say that the US political class is using Russia as a bogeyman.

Because he runs non stop propaganda using us as boogeymen.

Is that not a reasonable aim?

No, that is an aggressive aim, and those who support it from our nation are traitors.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yes Russia did hack into the DNC server, did hack into some states voter registration files, and tried to hack into voting machine software systems.
I've yet to see evidence of that. Just people yelling out it was hacked. If I yell out I seen a flying pink elephant in the sky would you believe me? Of course not.

I think the left just can't accept they lost and are grasping at straws just to get him out of office. Which yes I am fine with him not in office, but grasping at straws for this long now is sad.

Wait for it.......
Considering most every president is threatened to be impeached by some people, this is just another shouting thing that will not happen. Well not based on russian stuff at least. For possibly messing up america, yes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
On July 17th, Bloomberg released a poll about what Americans care about most verses what the media cares about the most.

The media devotes 75% of its coverage to Russia, but Russia only concerns 6% of the population. The thing they do care about most, health care, only gets 4% of the coverage.

Here's a breakdown of the media coverage.

june27chart.jpg

If this isn't proof of the media's left-leaning bias, I don't know what is. The main liberal talking points get all the attention, but these aren't the things that matter the most to Americans.

People-vs-Press.png

What Americans Care About vs. What the Media Cares About - Ricochet
When Russia was the USSR, it was dangerous and therefore relevant.
Now it is a two bit country whose main foreign policy objective is to be a gadfly to the American power horse.

It is not news that Russia does everything possible to be an irritant to America, but a gadfly is only a gadfly. It is irritating, like a mosquito bite is irritating, but it is not important.

Americans have enough common sense to know this. The media though is obsessed with bringing down Trump, and the think that they can do this by making a mountain out of this mosquito bite.

It is not that there is nothing there. It is that all that is there is not all that important, or less importance to Americans even than Obama's interference into an Israeli election.
Democracy is not negated by mosquitoes.

The media does not reflect the concerns of the American people. Trump won by connecting with people who were sick of the pettiness and irrelvance of the way the media covered the news.

As a president successfully setting an agenda into place, Trump is not much to write home to mother about.

But when it comes to winning the war against the media, Trump is winning. Even those who hate Trump, and hate conservatives, recognize how petty and fake the anti-conservative MSM is.

It is not only common knowledge that the media is making the news out of hot air, but everybody is saying as much about them.

Trump is like the little boy who says that the king has no clothes on. Everybody knew it before, but now nobody is even pretending that the media is anything but butt naked.

The Russia story is not relevant to people's lives. It has zero effect on how people live and die in America. Relevant stories on the other hand, remain uncovered.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I've yet to see evidence of that. Just people yelling out it was hacked. If I yell out I seen a flying pink elephant in the sky would you believe me? Of course not.

Oh, for Pete's sake...! Just read any of the findings from any of your security and intelligence organisations. You really have to bury your head very deeply in the sand to ignore their results...

I think the left just can't accept they lost and are grasping at straws just to get him out of office. Which yes I am fine with him not in office, but grasping at straws for this long now is sad.

Again, for about the 5th time......the investigations being carried out on Trump and his cronies, are ALL being conducted by .....REPUBLICANS...!

Considering most every president is threatened to be impeached by some people, this is just another shouting thing that will not happen. Well not based on russian stuff at least. For possibly messing up america, yes.

Keep saying that to yourself.....right up till the moment he walks out of the White House for the last time....

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,385.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Since Republicans have been very secretive about the health care repeal and/or replace, trying to be as quick and quiet as possible about something with a 12% approval rating, it is difficult for the media to expose any information. I guess they need some investigative reporters who can penetrate the secrecy.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
To America, they are traitors to the country and so are those who enable them. That might be part of the reason they are despise, and it is well deserved.

If you look at the context of Hillary Clinton's deplorables speech:

"I know there are only 60 days left to make our case -- and don't get complacent, don't see the latest outrageous, offensive, inappropriate comment and think, well, he's done this time. We are living in a volatile political environment. You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic -- you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people -- now 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks -- they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America."

It doesn't mention anything about Russia. Trump's supporters are "deplorable" in large part because they object to their demographic replacement by people from the Third World. This is obviously the actions of a political class that despises its people. It is Washington, not Moscow, that hates the American people. As Trump himself said, if you don't have borders, you don't have a country, so at this point, there's not much of a country left to betray. What kind of patriotism is it that regards it as "treason" to want improved relations from Russia but is so protective of illegal immigrants from Mexico?

Vylo said:
Zero evidence of this of course.

It's self evident in the way the US conducted itself toward Russia for the past 25 years. What are the sanctions about?

Vylo said:
independent is different from the open hostility Russia has shown.

Zero evidence of this alleged hostility of course. They're perfectly willing to work with US in Syria against ISIS.

Because he runs non stop propaganda using us as boogeymen.

That can't really explain it. I mean, look how in the tank for the Hillary Clinton the press was last year... but Trump still won. Now, the press is running nonstop propaganda using the Russians as boogeymen, but Americans, even many who are opposed to Trump, don't seem to be taken in by it. That's actually what this thread is about.

No, that is an aggressive aim, and those who support it from our nation are traitors.

Russia is aggressive because it wants to be a sovereign country. Got it.

hqdefault.jpg

Oh, for Pete's sake...! Just read any of the findings from any of your security and intelligence organisations. You really have to bury your head very deeply in the sand to ignore their results...

I actually have read it. It's not convincing at all...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, for Pete's sake...! Just read any of the findings from any of your security and intelligence organisations. You really have to bury your head very deeply in the sand to ignore their results.
What would you accept as evidence?

As someone else told me in another thread.... prove it. Show me the exact things that talked about it. If not then I can't believe anyone. ^_^

• Agree
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As someone else told me in another thread.... prove it. Show me the exact things that talked about it. If not then I can't believe anyone. ^_^

Prove to you that your security and intelligence organisations have concluded that the Russians hacked your elections....??

You're not kidding are you.....?:doh:

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prove to you that your security and intelligence organisations have concluded that the Russians hacked your elections....??

You're not kidding are you.....?:doh:
See... no proof. Link me to a article that that shows actual evidence and not just some person claiming something.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
See... no proof. Link me to a article that that shows actual evidence and not just some person claiming something.

"Some person"...???

Can I presume that you dismiss the FBI, CIA, NSA, DHS, etc as "some person"...?

If so, there's nothing I can help you with....

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well anyone can say anything. If I say I'm currently typing on a holocomputer from the year 2146 while riding a flying carpet named bob would you believe me?

I'm just asking for the actual evidence of the hacking. Ok, I'll give a little. Is there a link to a video of these "people" talking about the hacking? I can't find anything on youtube.

• Agree
Upvote 0