Please pray for my mother who is sick and afraid to go to the hospital

Inokuma

Jan 31, 2010
✟19,832.00
Faith
Christian
My mother has been having horrible stomach pain and bloating for the past 3-4 days. It doesn't seem to be getting better, only worse. She thinks she's going to die, but doesn't want to go to the hospital which doesn't allow visitors because she doesn't want to die alone, which I completely understand. It is entirely in God's hands now. I know stomach pain and bloating doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but she seems to have most of the symptoms of a toxic megacolon which can be fatal. Please pray for my mother to have a complete recovery. I can't lose her.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My mother has been having horrible stomach pain and bloating for the past 3-4 days. It doesn't seem to be getting better, only worse. She thinks she's going to die, but doesn't want to go to the hospital which doesn't allow visitors because she doesn't want to die alone, which I completely understand. It is entirely in God's hands now. I know stomach pain and bloating doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but she seems to have most of the symptoms of a toxic megacolon which can be fatal. Please pray for my mother to have a complete recovery. I can't lose her.
I would try to find a hospital that your mother will agree to go to.

You could also call 911 for paramedics to come to your home.

Will pray ...

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟697,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Just tell your mother you will be with her via the phone... And call 911..

By the way, even with COVID you can be with your mom in the ER.. my husband was able to be with me in the ER so long as he wore a mask because I needed him there. You as your mothers caregiver can be with her. It may be more limited if they admit her, but you can be with her for the important parts, because your her caregiver...

What you can't do is just let her die.. the authorities see that as a crime, which at best is criminal negligence.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Inokuma

Jan 31, 2010
✟19,832.00
Faith
Christian
Just tell your mother you will be with her via the phone... And call 911..

By the way, even with COVID you can be with your mom in the ER.. my husband was able to be with me in the ER so long as he wore a mask because I needed him there. You as your mothers caregiver can be with her. It may be more limited if they admit her, but you can be with her for the important parts, because your her caregiver...

What you can't do is just let her die.. the authorities see that as a crime, which at best is criminal negligence.
The last time I tried to force her go to the hospital when she didn't want to was about 8 years ago, I called an ambulance and they came with a cop because she's bipolar and very hostile(but not violent, though they don't seem to care about that.) and my mother refused to go, so as she was turning to walk back to the couch, the cop tased her, threw her to the ground and forced her to go, then later said she lunged at him, which was a complete lie because I saw everything myself. She ended up going AMA anyway.

I don't really know about the caregiver situation. I don't have any power over her. If I called an ambulance out and things didn't escalate like before, I'm pretty sure you can't force someone in their right mind to go to the hospital if they don't want to. At least, not in my state. It's not like she's bedbound or out of her mind. She's up and about and doing things around the house, but suffering greatly as she does them. She's 100% in her right mind right now, so I can't force her to do anything. If she starts having mental problems, only then can I force her to go, but right now, all I can do is wait for that to happen or God to heal her.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
... but doesn't want to go to the hospital which doesn't allow visitors

Not all hospitals are blocking family members - can you call around? I was just at Baylor (in TX) with my mom this week and they let me go back into the ER with her. They just did a temperature check on me.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟697,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The last time I tried to force her go to the hospital when she didn't want to was about 8 years ago, I called an ambulance and they came with a cop because she's bipolar and very hostile(but not violent, though they don't seem to care about that.) and my mother refused to go, so as she was turning to walk back to the couch, the cop tased her, threw her to the ground and forced her to go, then later said she lunged at him, which was a complete lie because I saw everything myself. She ended up going AMA anyway.

I don't really know about the caregiver situation. I don't have any power over her. If I called an ambulance out and things didn't escalate like before, I'm pretty sure you can't force someone in their right mind to go to the hospital if they don't want to. At least, not in my state. It's not like she's bedbound or out of her mind. She's up and about and doing things around the house, but suffering greatly as she does them. She's 100% in her right mind right now, so I can't force her to do anything. If she starts having mental problems, only then can I force her to go, but right now, all I can do is wait for that to happen or God to heal her.

If she is ill and refusing to go to see a doctor or attend the hospital to get checked out by a physician I question her mental fitness to make said decisions. You've states she suffers from mental illness yet speak like she's in her right mind... no, no she's not.

It's easier for a doctor to fix a problem before the problem becomes life threatening, which your worried this could already be.

Don't treat your mom like you would someone without mental illness, that's a mistake.

Do you get to the auto mechanic when your radiator is leaking some? Or do you wait until the motor is completely blown?

Rational people who are in their right mind see a doctor when they are ill unless it's a simple cold.

Upvote 0