Grenoble
✟67,121.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Dear friends I pray you are all doing well. Like the titled says, this isn’t very important I know there are way more urgent and important matters, but i would very much appreciate prayer for this.
Long story short a lot has happened in my life , I lost dear loved ones at a young age and a lot of sad things have happened in addition to the tragic losses. My parents feel bad for me so they surprised me and go me a puppy, I love her so much i thank Jesus for her all the time. I don’t have very many loved ones anymore, I belive Jesus brought my doggy into my life. A little background, my pup was born small and sick and almost died, and when I was born I wasn’t breathing and my arm was hurt so it couldn’t move, and We we’re both born in February , i thought it was so cute how we had that in common, i know it’s crazy lol. But I’m having an issue with her, she is a wonderful behaved dog but she cannot sleep a solid night through, health wise thank God she is good she just always gets uo at about 2am and sometimes again at 4am , she’s even done 12am 2am and like 5am I’ve had her since last April and i haven’t gotten a full nights sleep! She doesn’t like potting in the house so she cries to wake me up , i have to get uo half awake and let her out, which is dangeorus to do so late at night you never know who’s outside. I am kinda loosing it honestly wih no solid sleep, i have to work and take care of things, I have a little bit of anxiety before I go to sleep because i anticipate her waking me up just 2 hours later, which she does. It seems I’ve tried everything walks before bed, feeding the proper time , no late snacks. If she keeps this up i May have to give her to my relative because her waking up in the middle of the night disruptes the household. Could you please please pray that Jesus would touch my doggy and let her sleep through the whole night and never wake up in the middle of the night again, that God will give her a peaceful nights sleep. I would so appreciate it, she means so much to me. Jesus has already healed her of different issues (health)she’s had in the past she’s 100 percent healthy now which is a miracle, i CANT even think about giving her up i would just be broken-hearted. I love you guys and thank you so much for reading I’m sorry it’s so long, i am praying for u all.
Lord bless,
Natalie

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,389.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No, prayer is too small. I Our heavenly father wants everything perfect. Imagine a sculptor who created this beautiful image. But even if no one else knows it, he or she knows that there’s a little flaw in it. That flaw has to go!

Our prayers are helping to make the world less full of flaws.

On top of that, we know that the creator loves animals. I have had many prayers answered in regard to animals.

I am wondering if you could change the diet of the dog so that it has the main meal shortly before bedtime and then it will feel sleepy.

I wonder if it would be helpful for you to be able to be stern with the dog and maybe put it away from you when it is waking you up at night with a stern no.

But I will pray for you to be given insight and wisdom, as to what to do so that you and the puppy are not parted.

Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟211.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
One thing I did when my dog was a pup and was too small to sleep outside was have him sleep in the laundry and just accept that I'm going to have to clean up urine or poo. When they get bigger they're able to hold it better and as he grew he naturally adjusted to going before bed and going when he was put outside of a morning. Once he got bigger if I ever caught him using the toilet inside, a yell with a small smack on the bum (not hard enough for him to feel it but when combined with the loud noise the motion is effective) was enough to correct the behaviour and now when he needs to go to the toilet he comes and stands near us until we let him out. I only did it when I caught him in the act though because if it's done after the fact the dog won't know what he's in trouble for.

It might also help when you are about to let him out to go to the toilet to say "need to do a wee?" or something so that way he will come to associate it with toilet and then bed. When I say it to my dog now he will either not move and sit by me if he doesn't need to do one or go out on the lawn and actually do a wee. It's kind of funny that I can command my dog to wee now but it's come in handy.

Edit: I know it feels extremely rough when you hear your dog crying but try your best not to reward the schedule and just put it out once before bed and then again in the morning. If the dog needs to go it will relieve itself so there's no actual concern, apart from maybe the noise of it crying for a little while keeping everybody up. However a fan or two in the room where you sleep with the doors shut should drown it out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Lord comfort Natalie, and bring health to the dog you created.

Also comfort her and draw her near to You in the event one day the dog is not around any longer, and let her relationship with you strengthen, You are the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.

We praise you and thank you Lord.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever.

Amen

Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0