Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm in a really bad place right now.... :( :cry:

I don't know what to do?
Everything I try just goes wrong?

I'm still kinda of a new/old Christian

I can't find a church, the church I'm going to seems very nice, but the ppl don't like me for some reason?
and I'm not very good with people either?

for a long time I thought that God needed to give me the strength but then I realized that God could only be my strength.

I lost my family and everynow and then the Devil sets up these elaborate traps for me and I fall for them everytime..... just when I think there is a little hope it gets crushed... I lost my family (my dad died and my mom is already dead) and the people I live with me are kinda mean to me sometimes, but I scared to move because last time I had to live drug addicts and thieves it was terrible.

rather the devil you know than the devil you don't

the people at church are nice and greet me but they don't want to sit or talk with me, I get the feeling they don't like me.....

I don't know what God wants me to do? I know he exsists with 100% surety, I need some comfort and for something to go right for a change

but a lot of good things have happend for me and I do thank God for that, but recently I have taken some serious beatings and I would just like some comfort, please pray for me.

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Lord lift up our brother here and comfort him. Send him help he needs in the form of a friend he can lean on and others to stand in the gap and encourage him. Inspire in him wisdom and favor amongst men so he way venture forth to greater things for you glory. Let your spirit in him point him towards a church that knows his heart and ministers to him as a complete child of God. I ask you to give him great peace through all the hardship he is enduring. In Jesus name.... AMEN

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You do need to get into a better environment. Your bad company and beatings don't need to be part of your life.

Church people don't open their hearts and homes enough. You need a couple of families that will do that for you.

Bless you
John
NZ

Upvote 0

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm in a really bad place right now.... :( :cry:

I don't know what to do?
Everything I try just goes wrong?

I'm still kinda of a new/old Christian

I can't find a church, the church I'm going to seems very nice, but the ppl don't like me for some reason?
and I'm not very good with people either?

for a long time I thought that God needed to give me the strength but then I realized that God could only be my strength.

I lost my family and everynow and then the Devil sets up these elaborate traps for me and I fall for them everytime..... just when I think there is a little hope it gets crushed... I lost my family (my dad died and my mom is already dead) and the people I live with me are kinda mean to me sometimes, but I scared to move because last time I had to live drug addicts and thieves it was terrible.

rather the devil you know than the devil you don't

the people at church are nice and greet me but they don't want to sit or talk with me, I get the feeling they don't like me.....

I don't know what God wants me to do? I know he exsists with 100% surety, I need some comfort and for something to go right for a change

but a lot of good things have happend for me and I do thank God for that, but recently I have taken some serious beatings and I would just like some comfort, please pray for me.
MY DEAR BROTHER,

WELCOME!

You certainly are in a hard spot at the moment! MAY GOD BLESS YOU, AND KEEP YOU, AND LEAD YOU OUT OF THIS DARKNESS INTO HIS GLORIOUS LIGHT!!!!

It seems obvious that your first step should be to find a loving, supportive, and nurturing Church home. What i would suggest you do in this regard is make a list of all the Churches within a reasonable distance from where you are living and begin visiting them one by one. If you would care to post your location, perhaps someone here can suggest a Church they know of which will meet your needs.

In any event, before you visit pray that God will guide you to where He wants you to be and listen for the Holy Spirit's voice in your heart giving you directions when you have arrived.

i am wondering, though, if perhaps you have built a wall around yourself which the people in the Church you are presently involved with can't break through. You state that you are "not good with people" and perhaps you are giving others at Church the impression YOU are not interested in talking with them.

The reason i bring this up is that introversion has always been a serious problem for me, and i always wondered why no one wanted to talk and fellowship with me and why i always ended up sitting alone and isolated. Once this problem was pointed out to me and i began to be "proactive" in my interactions with others, everything changed and i always had brothers and sisters in Christ sitting down with me for fellowship. Perhaps your difficulty is similar? i SUGGEST THAT YOU HAVE A TALK WITH YOUR PRESENT PASTOR ABOUT THIS POSSIBILITY BEFORE DECIDING TO SEEK OUT ANOTHER CHURCH, AS YOUR DESCRIPTION OF YOUR PRESENT CHURCH SOUNDS PRETTY POSITIVE.

In any event, you are quite correct that God needs to "BE your strength" rather than "
giving you strength." This is most important and it is wonderful that you have understood it. As Paul wrote, "But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, it is then that I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

TRUST IN HIM! Our Lord states that He came so that we might "HAVE LIFE, AND HAVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY" (John 10:10) and this is exactly what He wants for you. Sometimes, in the midst of our pain and struggles, we lose sight of this fact. Surrender EVERYTHING to Him and He will lead you into the Land of Promise.

WITH LOVE IN CHRIST,
ephraim

Upvote 0

toGodalltheglory

I'm so Psalm 38
Aug 27, 2007
Cape Town, South Africa.
✟7,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the advice guys and thanks Sophrosyne for the very nice prayer.... :)

erm the beatings speach was Figurative, sorry

Thanks Ephraim, I'm in South Africa Cape Town Goodwood, I think I'll try the Baptist Church I've heard a lot of good things about them.

I don't think I'm that bad with people? But I don't know I guess I'm not the friendliest person but I try.

keep well and God Bless.

Upvote 0

ub4me

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2005
USA
✟20,873.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JUST REMEMBER THIS SCRIPTURE...

Mat 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

PEOPLE WILL BE ATTRACTED TO CHRIST IN YOU.
IF THEY ARE NOT...
I WOULD SUGGEST BEING AROUND CHRIST-MINDED PEOPLE EVEN IF IT MEANS FINDING ANOTHER CHURCH.
ALSO REMEMBER...TO MAKE FRIENDS WE MUST SHOW OURSELVES FRIENDLY.

:prayer: LORD, RAISE UP OUR BROTHER...SHOW YOURSELF STRONG ON HIS BEHALF. STRENGTHEN HIM, AND ALLOW HIM TO VIEW HIMSELF AND OTHERS, THROUGH YOUR EYES.
FATHER MOVE UPON YOUR PEOPLE THAT SURROUND HIM, TO LIFT AND ENCOURAGE HIM. AND TO EXTEND THEIR HANDS TOWARDS HIM, AS AN EXTENSION OF YOU LOVE.
TO YOU LORD, BE ALL THE GLORY...IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT AMEN.

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It takes time for some people to develop their social skills in any setting. My suggestion would be to find an older Christian man, if you are also male, and ask that person to disciple you and teach you scriptures and guide you in your walk with the Lord. I also suggest you seek out Bible study opportunities where you can learn scriptures as well as fellowship with others. You can practice your social skills in that setting.

God bless your desire to fellowship with others.

Trish

Upvote 0

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I agree with Madison here. It sounds like you really need some support.

We're all here to help in whatever ways we can.

:hug: Just keep hanging on to God, even when it feels like thin air.

Upvote 0

restore

Veteran
Jul 13, 2006
oceans
✟17,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was in the same shoes as u, and still struggling in similar situations,
one important thing i learnt is, keep trying, and keep believing, there is always a hope to find a help hand. It is hard, but if u keep seeking, u will find.
Prayer is also powerful, God will do miracle for real, God is real.:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunflower2007

Jul 20, 2007
✟15,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Here are some ideas...

Do to others what you want them to do to you. If you feel like no one sits or talks with you, why don't you sit with them or talk to them? A man who has friends must show himself friendly. If you want friends, try to be friendly to people. Think about others and what you can do for them, then do it. Smile at people. Realize that you are not-- by any means-- the only one who struggles with this. Lots of people do. But with God's help you can overcome.

Just like ub4me said, seek God first and everything else will be added to you. Love Him and ask Him to show you what to do. Spend time with Him worshipping Him, and He will put into your heart what you are supposed to do. In the meantime, do whatever you find to do to serve God. It's easier for God to steer you in the right direction if you are doing something.

Remember that you are valuable to God and He loves you.

Hope this helps...

Upvote 0