People who judge and claim people are going to hell will get what they deserve...

TruthTraveler

Amos 9:6 | Psalm 103
Sep 21, 2003
South Central AK
Visit site
✟1,032.00
Faith
Protestant
Yup, they deserse to goto Heaven. That is if they are Christian.

We don't judge you God's Word does. If it wasn't for us you would have never had the idea of Heaven or Hell.

2 Timothy 4:2
2Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.

Upvote 0

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
People will tell you that there is a real and literal hell because they say the bible says so , but when the word of God was translated from the original hebrew and greek language there are mistakes that were made.
One such mistake was that in the KJV it says "end of the world" , where as the more modern versions have picked up on that little mistake and now use the words "end of the AGE". So mistakes should be expected.

Now if we add to that the fact that neither the hebrew nor greek language uses punctuation marks in their writing then we can expect to see even more mistakes being made , as the English language uses punctuation marks.

lol.....now throw on top of this the fact that there are a zillion different denominations and non denominations all claiming the truth yet all divided over the truth such as the one quite often used to divide catholics and protestants such as the belief by catholics that Peter was the rock , where as the protestants believe that jesus was the rock , this is just a very small example of people believing different things over the same words.

So the next time someone says "the bible says so" , then they bloody well better know what their talking about....:)

Smilin . People are merely decieved and don't deserve anything terrible to happen to them .

Oh I forgot one more thing , many of todays bibles have different words and meanings , thus giving the reader of one bible a completely different meaning to the person reading from a version of another .
This actualy happened to me once , I was in hot debate with another person and we both brought up the same scripture but from different versions and the meaning was totaly out of whack

Reactions: wonder111
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
My take... if I tell someone they're going to hell, chances are I might end up frying right next to them.

Michelle

Reactions: wonder111
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Miss Shelby said:
My take... if I tell someone they're going to hell, chances are I might end up frying right next to them.

Michelle
There won't be any "frying." I wholeheartedly believe that "Hell" is the Official Christian Forums Irony Meter Repair Shop.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
TwinCrier said:
That is a funny statement. Someone judging someone for judging them. "You're going to hell because you said I'm going to hell" I can't believe that went over everyone's head.
Let's try to look a bit deeper into this than as far as the nose on our face. I tell someone who I am witnessing to that if they accept Christ as their Lord and Savior they will spend eternity with Him in Heaven, no worries. Signed, sealed, delivered.

But if they do not, they will go to hell. I have just run into this person on the street, I do not know them from Adam. I do not know that may have suffered abuse all of their life and know little of Christianity. Now I have just told that person, who may or may not feel condemned no matter what I say, that God will send them to hell if they do not 'do something'. Nice message. Ineffective if you ask me.

Preach the Gospel always, if necessary use words.

Why do you think that the Bible tells us basically that it is a foolish man who is always running his mouth? (see Proverbs)--or that the tongue is a dangerous thing, even though it be a tiny thing?

Michelle

Upvote 0

TwinCrier

Double Blessed and spreading the gospel
Oct 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟24,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rather or not someone was abused has nothing to do with their salvation. Telling someone what the bible says, what you believe or even that hell exists is not the same as making someone go there. Rather or not that is an effective method would depend on the outcome, not an opinion.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
TwinCrier said:
Rather or not someone was abused has nothing to do with their salvation.
It might have slight detail in whether or not they are receptive to the message, and my point is that the delivery is very important.
Telling someone what the bible says, what you believe or even that hell exists is not the same as making someone go there.
If I say I believe in hell that is one thing. Telling someone they are going there if they do not accept Christ (which I have seen people do on this very messageboard) is self defeating. It drives people from Christianity.
Rather or not that is an effective method would depend on the outcome, not an opinion.
I would rather be safe than sorry. I know that on that day I will have to give an account for every thought, word and deed. And given what the Bible says about how careless we can be with our words, I take the warning of the milstone very seriously.

Michelle

Upvote 0