✟15,445.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
krimsondraegon said:
Do they have FF7 on PC? That's one of the best RPG's of all time.

Yes, FF7 and FF8 were both released for the PC. I will warn you that the PC version of FF7 is very buggy. It won't even install on most machines. I think it only works on Windows 95 and 98 and even then only with certain video cards. I know that it will not install on a 2000 or XP machine. When I played it, it was very slow and the sound was terrible. It's fine if it's the only way you can play the game, but it pales in comparison to the PlayStation version (although it did fix many of the spelling and translation errors).

The PC version of FF8 is much better. I haven't tried it since I had Windows 98, but it worked great on that system. I hear that it doesn't have nearly as many compatibility issues as FF7 does.

Upvote 0

WhirlwindMonk

D Knight - Master of Zefiris
Mar 6, 2005
A little city in Micigan during breaks and Grove C
Visit site
✟16,987.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Crono said:
Yes, FF7 and FF8 were both released for the PC. I will warn you that the PC version of FF7 is very buggy. It won't even install on most machines. I think it only works on Windows 95 and 98 and even then only with certain video cards. I know that it will not install on a 2000 or XP machine. When I played it, it was very slow and the sound was terrible. It's fine if it's the only way you can play the game, but it pales in comparison to the PlayStation version (although it did fix many of the spelling and translation errors).

The PC version of FF8 is much better. I haven't tried it since I had Windows 98, but it worked great on that system. I hear that it doesn't have nearly as many compatibility issues as FF7 does.

FF7 installs fine on XP machines, but you need to then install a patch so it will run properly. As for bugginess, I don't know. But I've never heard any complaints from my friends who have it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chrome

It's a Dead Man's party
Sep 9, 2004
Alaska
✟9,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Crono said:

the first FF i played was VII on PC. It worked fine for me. Once and while i had a crash here and there (not half as bad as morrowind however). The reason the sound wasn't to great for you (for me it was barely different than the ps1) was probably because of your MIDI settings, since the audio is in Midi, the wrong 'card' will make it sound horrible. I know, i've sampled audio from the game with two different settings.

Anyway, around the same time, i didn't have a ps1 so i looked everywhere to the FF8 for PC, i had only saw it once, when i had no interest, and from then on, have never seen it...'sides, i have most of the FF's now anyway so no big deal.

Some good PC games, or just ones i like:
Warcraft III and expansions
Morrowind and expansions
Starcraft, if you haven't played it yet.
Unreal Tournament, the original is still awsome, but 2004 is great as well if you have nothing on ultraviolence.

um, well i guess i'm not much of a PC gamer so nevermind..

Upvote 0