✟16,271.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@StuartB

OK, list only those questions which, if answered to your satisfaction, might ignite a burning quest for a personal relationship with Christ.
And please at least read through my "My Spiritual Journey" thread under "Spiritual Gifts."
I read through your post on Spiritual gifts. The conclusion i came to is that God seeks out random people to share those gifts with. I'm pondering if God has favorites or people he would prefer to save, or have a connection with.

Upvote 0

Berserk

Oct 15, 2011
✟44,678.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I read through your post on Spiritual gifts. The conclusion i came to is that God seeks out random people to share those gifts with. I'm pondering if God has favorites or people he would prefer to save, or have a connection with.
I attribute these experiences to the atmosphere of the Pentecostal church, in which I was reared that encouraged us to expect supernatural
experiences and prompted me to spend long periods on my knees seeking God's face.

My next 2 posts in my Life Journey thread will describe (1) the angelic intervention that convinced an online agnostic (Roger B.) to believe in angels
(2) my parishioner Leonard S.'s life changing spectacular encounter with his dead son Jeff and Jeff's wife Karen, who had been killed, with their 2 children, in a small plane crash. I'll post those 2 accounts later today.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't go to Church anymore. I noticed many of them believe in a religion and not in Christ. Also, many of them are controlled by the Vatican, which is a highly suspect place. I try to be loving to people, but it's hard when I hate myself and have no reason to like myself or expect anything from a God that can't answer simple prayers of those praying for food or clean water. It seems like God is limited.

God is limited in what He will do for us. We have to do some stuff ourself. It seems like you are the dismissing all this good. But you are young, depressed and it’s a long road to the finish. Don’t expect perfection from you or anybody except Jesus.

catholics and Protestants do have a religion. Find a born again church that teaches the Bible and you will be fed hope every time. A string of good meals for the believer will increase your positivity and love. Everybody wants a miracle. Get into it for the long haul and watch yourself grow and grow. Get into the word for it is light and life. It can change you. God is perfect. Feel free to write me and we can talk. Thanks for starting this thread and letting us know your doubts and fears. Jesus doesn’t want to leave anyone behind. He is carrying you. Let Him.

Upvote 0