Scotland
✟16,271.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You don't want to solve your own problems, despite the many biblical injunctions that wise actions solve many problems.
Are you for real or are you a phony who would rather treat this site like a whine and cheez hour than find a loving small prayer group that would solve your problem with unanswered prayer and a lack of self-respect?
I'm simply asking questions. I'm not a Christian. neither is God or Yeshua. I believe in Yeshua, but not organized religion. I'm sensing the typical Christain response to someone that doesn't believe their religious stuff. Anger and distain.

Upvote 0

StuartB

Sep 7, 2023
Scotland
✟16,271.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There's a lot of folks that Christians think need that. Why are your focusing your efforts on her?
Because I care about her. During my darkest days of depression, agoraphobia, panic disorder, OCD, Kaley was a tiny light in my empty, lonely life. There are other people I pray for, but Kaley is special to me. Someone needs to pray for her.

Upvote 0

Berserk

Oct 15, 2011
✟44,678.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I'm simply asking questions. I'm not a Christian. neither is God or Yeshua. I believe in Yeshua, but not organized religion. I'm sensing the typical Christain response to someone that doesn't believe their religious stuff. Anger and distain.
Nope. Neither anger nor disdain, but rather a verifiable method of addressing your questions that you refuse even to try.
Here is why your distancing approach is guaranteed to fail:

"Without faith it is impossible to please God. For whoever would approach Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6)."

You need to join a loving prayer group as an observer because if you do, God will speak to you for the first time

I propose that you direct questions HERE about my thread in the Spiritual Gifts section entitled "My Life Journey through the Lens of My Many Charismatic and Paranormal Experiences." So far I've just posted 13 such experiences, but will soon post many more. By simply contemplating them and responding, you just might open yourself to having your own self-authenticating spiritual experiences. This approach has already worked on another site, so why not here?

in a self-authenticating way.

Upvote 0

StuartB

Sep 7, 2023
Scotland
✟16,271.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nope. Neither anger nor disdain, but rather a verifiable method of addressing your questions that you refuse even to try.
Here is why your distancing approach is guaranteed to fail:

"Without faith it is impossible to please God. For whoever would approach Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6)."

You need to join a loving prayer group as an observer because if you do, God will speak to you for the first time

I propose that you direct questions HERE about my thread in the Spiritual Gifts section entitled "My Life Journey through the Lens of My Many Charismatic and Paranormal Experiences." So far I've just posted 13 such experiences, but will soon post many more. By simply contemplating them and responding, you just might open yourself to having your own self-authenticating spiritual experiences. This approach has already worked on another site, so why not here?

in a self-authenticating way.
I've tried the faith route the past 10 years, only to be rejected by God. Think about it, how many millions of prayers for simple things such as food, clean water, and housing go unanswered? Surely those are not selfish requests. As far as paranormal experiences go you bes be careful, hat could be opening doors to the demonic realm. Remember, Satan transforms into an angel of light.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,450.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Prayer is about perseverance, commitment and love of God.

6 years i been going through hell. I have prayed for light at the end of the tunnel yet here i am still in a place of mental and physical suffering.

But, i still love God. I still have strong faith, i still pray to God asking for help. I wont give in. I wont let the devil try to pull me away from God.

Keep praying my friend. Like Job, never give in no matter how hard it gets. God hears us. His will be done.

God bless you. God give you strength.

Reactions: StuartB
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,450.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I just pray for other people now. Surely that's God's will. I don't expect anything from God for myself.

Awesome attitude. I applaud you my friend. Its not easy.

Reactions: StuartB
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Berserk

Oct 15, 2011
✟44,678.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Stuart,
(1) You seem to assume that petitionary prayer must work even if the various biblical principles for effective prayer are not satisfied.
These principles could be discussed in detail, if you are interested. For example, do you know the difference between praying in the Spirit and ordinary cerebral prayer?
(2) You seem to assume that God is in control of human affairs and micro-manages the universe.
If that is correct, I can address that issue biblically.
(3) You seem to have overlooked the distinction between the gifts of the Spirit and demonic counterfeits.
I propose a pact. I will pray daily that God will make Himself real to you, if you show me your spiritual quest is sincere. To do that, just respond HERE to some of my thread in the Spiritual Gifts section entitled "My Life Journey through the Lens of My Many charismatic and Paranormal Experiences." I have not yet reported some of the most spectacular paranormal experiences. This worked well for me in dialogue with skeptics on another site.

Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do you deal with unanswered prayers? I took to so badly I'm back in sin again. I also wonder what's the point of praying for God to say No, or just not answer at all.

For me, this is a most dangerous game for God to play. Many people will look at rejection or unanswered prayers as either God isn't real (lost faith) or what's the point of praying? If God can do all things, why not just do all things and get it over with?

I just can't pray with faith or expectancy anymore.

These may help

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

18 Bible Verses about God Knowing the Human Heart

Most Relevant Verses

1 Chronicles 28:9
Verse Concepts

“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.
1 Samuel 16:7
Verse Concepts

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Source: 18 Bible verses about God Knowing The Human Heart

Upvote 0

StuartB

Sep 7, 2023
Scotland
✟16,271.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Stuart,
(1) You seem to assume that petitionary prayer must work even if the various biblical principles for effective prayer are not satisfied.
These principles could be discussed in detail, if you are interested. For example, do you know the difference between praying in the Spirit and ordinary cerebral prayer?
(2) You seem to assume that God is in control of human affairs and micro-manages the universe.
If that is correct, I can address that issue biblically.
(3) You seem to have overlooked the distinction between the gifts of the Spirit and demonic counterfeits.
I propose a pact. I will pray daily that God will make Himself real to you, if you show me your spiritual quest is sincere. To do that, just respond HERE to some of my thread in the Spiritual Gifts section entitled "My Life Journey through the Lens of My Many charismatic and Paranormal Experiences." I have not yet reported some of the most spectacular paranormal experiences. This worked well for me in dialogue with skeptics on another site.
1. Perhaps Jesus should've been more specific in what he said in mark 11:24. It's pure false hope. Ass far as praying in the Spirit goes, I've been praying long enough for God to open up to me, or send his Spirit on me. I also don't trust opening up to anything spiritually. God only knows what you can invite in.

2. I've been telling Christians for the longest time that God is NOT in control of this world. Darkness runs this world. God managed to lose control, even though he knows the end from the beginning. I go back and forth on if God is smart or truly wants humanity saved. Maybe over 8 billion children is a bit much for God.

All in all, I obviously believe there is a higher Spirit that created humanity, that is not in doubt. What i question or ponder, is is that Spirit stilll alive?

2. Does that Spirit truly want humanity aved? Or were we a creation gone horribly wrong?

3. Why create or continue to allow humanity to create beings that (according to traditional Christianity) will be tortured forever for finite sins (when God himself knew and allowed humanity to sin?

4. Was Jesus truly the way, considering there were other versions of a saviour born of a virgin 100 year before Jesus.

There's just way too many questions and inconsistances with tradional Christianity, Catholicism, and religion in general.

Upvote 0

StuartB

Sep 7, 2023
Scotland
✟16,271.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
These may help

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

18 Bible Verses about God Knowing the Human Heart

Most Relevant Verses

1 Chronicles 28:9
Verse Concepts

“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.
1 Samuel 16:7
Verse Concepts

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Source: 18 Bible verses about God Knowing The Human Heart
I don't understand the "If you forsake him, he will reject you forever" When it's stated that all will bow and confess Christ as lord. Maybe Solomon was following the God of this world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

janemanu

Dec 8, 2023
Palmerston North
✟608.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, wait on him... Abraham wait for years... Hannah waited too... sometime is teach us to have faith.. sometime is patience.. what it's is to learn first in order for you to receive... sometime God said are will you stay faithful if I granted it to you... sometime good open another door that suit you better... you just need to open your eyes. Then you will say " ahh this better"

Upvote 0

Berserk

Oct 15, 2011
✟44,678.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
What would this pact include?
You can't try to believe; expectation of inevitable failure is unconsciously built into the concept of "trying to believe."
Effective faith must "ambush" you through a change of your assumption matrix shaped by years of disillusionment and depression.
But core assumptions can only change by experiences and testimonies that point the way to a caring loving God.
I have always been naturally skeptical myself. Were it not for the many charismatic and paranormal experiences I'm in the process of reporting in my "Life Journey" thread (in the "Spiritual Gifts" section), I doubt I'd be a Christian. Those experiences decisively shaped my network of core assumptions. And if you reflect on the possibility of such experiences, you just might open the door to a similar unconscious change.

That's where my daily prayer for you comes in. Effective prayer needs a joint purpose and common quest to be effective. If you agree to this pact, start a thread in this section entitled something like "My Responses to Berserk's Thread" and then keep up as I keep adding new experiences for our discuussion. At the same time, I will devote serious daily time praying for you. Let's do it and see what happens over the weeks ahead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0