Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That would be Paul, instead of me.

Who is the seed through which all of the nations would be blessed in Genesis 12:3?

Paul reveals that one seed in Galatians 3:16.

baberean2,

Abraham has the salvation of grace Galatians 3:16,19.
David had the grace component Romans 4:6-8
The New Covenant saves from sin Hebrews and has better promises Hebrews 8:6-7.
That is 3 Covenants you believe in. Hyper Dual Covenant!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
baberean2,

Abraham has the salvation of grace Galatians 3:16,19.
David had the grace component Romans 4:6-8
The New Covenant saves from sin Hebrews and has better promises Hebrews 8:6-7.
That is 3 Covenants you believe in. Hyper Dual Covenant!

Jerry,

What name did you leave out of the above?

Jesus Christ

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. No, because without Jesus Christ there would have been none of these covenants. Jerrykelso

Any person, or any doctrine, which takes the emphasis off of Jesus Christ and puts it somewhere else is ignoring Luke 24:25-27.

The whole Bible is a book about Him.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
baberean2,

I’m glad we agree.

Anyone who promotes two different kingdoms of God, based on race, does not agree.

Anyone who promotes two different peoples of God, and claims God did not fulfill His promises to the Jewish people at Calvary, does not agree.

Modern Dispensational Theology claims the Church of Jesus Christ is only a "parenthesis" in God's dealing with Israel. They claim after the Church is removed from the planet God will go back and deal with Israel under the Old Covenant system.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, modern Dispensational Theology falls apart, and the pretrib removal of the Church falls with it.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who promotes two different kingdoms of God, based on race, does not agree.

Anyone who promotes two different peoples of God, and claims God did not fulfill His promises to the Jewish people at Calvary, does not agree.

Modern Dispensational Theology claims the Church of Jesus Christ is only a "parenthesis" in God's dealing with Israel. They claim after the Church is removed from the planet God will go back and deal with Israel under the Old Covenant system.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, modern Dispensational Theology falls apart, and the pretrib removal of the Church falls with it.

baberean2,

1. Two different KoG’s? Universal KoG physical and KoG spiritual.
You know you believe that?
The race thing you are confused on the race issue.
Let’s get it straight. God chose Israel to be a holy nation and priesthood and have land and the kingdom on earth rule in a certain capacity forever.
He did tell Solomon they had to be obedient in order to inherit the kingdom.
They have been disobedient many times over, but God has always taken them back.
He has said he will not make a final end to them.
Romans 11:25-29 shows s clear picture of Christ who will deliver Israel in the end at the 2nd coming.
Romans 11:28; Paul said Israel concerning the gospel they were enemies but as touching the election they are beloved for the fathers sake.
This is speaking of Israel the nation who will believe in the future kingdom.
It couldn’t be the remnant of Israel in the church for they wouldn’t be enemies of the gospel.
They have to be believers in order to rule with Christ and have the Kingdom.
God made the eternal promise to Israel forever about the Land and the Kingdom.
There is nothing you can do about them being a different race that was God’s choice. But it was not based on race as far as being eligible for ruling the kingdom.
Salvation is not based on race period!!!!!!!
That is the implication you are always making and really believe. You are wrong again as usual.

2. In the church age and in the kingdom age there are only one people in Christ under the New Covenant concerning salvation.
The mystery of the church are physical Jews and physical Gentiles in one body alike. Spiritual there are no Jew or Gentile etc.
There is physical Israel and their calling and physical Jews and Gentiles of the church that have their calling as I have explained from Romans 11:28.

3. God has not fulfilled all the messianic promises of the Kingdom and Israel and will not until the second coming.
Their deliverance is tied in with the Second Coming and you know it Zechariah 14.
There is no where in scripture that holds up your belief.

4. The parenthesis is concerning prophecy of Israel to be saved spiritually so they can fulfill the Covenant promises of their land and the throne.
You want to say we portray the church as a parentheses as a mistake or accident in the plan of God when it is not true at al in anyway. That is your false accusation and it is not the scriptural position that I believe in or any other true Dispensationalist believes in.
The church will be in Heaven throughout the tribulation as I have showed in the scriptures time and time again.
God dealing with Israel under the Old Covenant. Where is that recorded that God deals with Israel under the Old Covenant?

5. The New Covenant was not made with Israel and Judah concerning the millennial kingdom, Armageddon and the 2nd Coming and the restoration of the are all on the Day of the Lord. You are wrong again. Jerrykelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let’s get it straight. God chose Israel to be a holy nation and priesthood and have land and the kingdom on earth rule in a certain capacity forever.

Since this world does not last forever in 2 Peter 3:10-13, you might want to reconsider.

The land promise is forever in Hebrews 11:15-16.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Since this world does not last forever in 2 Peter 3:10-13, you might want to reconsider.

The land promise is forever in Hebrews 11:15-16.

baberean2,

1. That is not the land promised to Israel but Abraham will be in the earthly kingdom like all Christians.

2. The earth will never be annihilated and that scripture is what you misinterpret. The Bible says that there will seasons and harvest etc. forever.
It is a purifying fire which doesn’t annihilate.
There is no reason to annihilate in order to purify.
We are born with the sin nature but we don’t have to be annihilated to be purified.
Jerrykelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The earth will never be annihilated and that scripture is what you misinterpret. The Bible says that there will seasons and harvest etc. forever.
It is a purifying fire which doesn’t annihilate.
There is no reason to annihilate in order to purify.

Jerry,

Put some salt in water and "dissolve" it, and see what happens to it.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jerry,

Put some salt in water and "dissolve" it, and see what happens to it.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

baberean2,

1. The elements, earth, and works, all will melt with fervent heat and will be burned up. This is purification not annihilation. That is what happens when there is a fire that burns up things that are solid.
Dissolved is in conjunction with the melting with fervent heat. So it doesn’t mean annihilation but a loosening.
Hebrews talks about God shaking things loose so other things will remain which will be Righteous and pure and the curse lifted. Why do you want annihilation? What the exact purpose for your annihilation theory? Jerrykelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
baberean2,

1. The elements, earth, and works, all will melt with fervent heat and will be burned up. This is purification not annihilation. That is what happens when there is a fire that burns up things that are solid.
Dissolved is in conjunction with the melting with fervent heat. So it doesn’t mean annihilation but a loosening.
Hebrews talks about God shaking things loose so other things will remain which will be Righteous and pure and the curse lifted. Why do you want annihilation? What the exact purpose for your annihilation theory? Jerrykelso

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

baberean2,

1. New- NWO Greek is new in time
Becomes old- archaic

2. Kainos is the Greek word for new which is quantitatively renewed and restored.
Paul described the new creation of the believer as Kainos.
It doesn’t mean we were vaporized.
The same way with creation groaning and yearning to be free not destroyed.
Wrong again. Jerrykelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
baberean2,

1. New- NWO Greek is new in time
Becomes old- archaic

2. Kainos is the Greek word for new which is quantitatively renewed and restored.
Paul described the new creation of the believer as Kainos.
It doesn’t mean we were vaporized.
The same way with creation groaning and yearning to be free not destroyed.
Wrong again. Jerrykelso

In other words, you are saying Isaiah 65:17 cannot mean what it says because it kills your Two kingdoms of God, Two Peoples of God doctrine.

Isaiah 65:17

(ESV) "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.

(Geneva) For lo, I will create newe heauens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembred nor come into minde.

(GW) I will create a new heaven and a new earth. Past things will not be remembered. They will not come to mind.

(KJV) For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

(KJV+) For,H3588 behold,H2009 I createH1254 newH2319 heavensH8064 and a newH2319 earth:H776 and the formerH7223 shall notH3808 be remembered,H2142 norH3808 comeH5927 intoH5921 mind.H3820

(NKJV) "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.

(NLT) “Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore.

(YLT) For, lo, I am creating new heavens, and a new earth, And the former things are not remembered, Nor do they ascend on the heart.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In other words, you are saying Isaiah 65:17 cannot mean what it says because it kills your Two kingdoms of God, Two Peoples of God doctrine.

Isaiah 65:17

(ESV) "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.

(Geneva) For lo, I will create newe heauens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembred nor come into minde.

(GW) I will create a new heaven and a new earth. Past things will not be remembered. They will not come to mind.

(KJV) For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

(KJV+) For,H3588 behold,H2009 I createH1254 newH2319 heavensH8064 and a newH2319 earth:H776 and the formerH7223 shall notH3808 be remembered,H2142 norH3808 comeH5927 intoH5921 mind.H3820

(NKJV) "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.

(NLT) “Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore.

(YLT) For, lo, I am creating new heavens, and a new earth, And the former things are not remembered, Nor do they ascend on the heart.

baberean2,

1. That thought never crossed my mind.
We are talking about proper exegesis.

2. Why do you keep putting up false accusations that the scripture debunks.
I’ve already shown the context doesn’t call for annihilation but you want to use your own examples that are not in those scriptures.
The Bible says study not assume it says what it says just because it looks like it.
As far as doctrine you are the that is trying to save your doctrine with improper hermeneutics. Stick to context for a change instead of appearances. Jerrykelso

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
baberean2,

1. That thought never crossed my mind.
We are talking about proper exegesis.

2. Why do you keep putting up false accusations that the scripture debunks.
I’ve already shown the context doesn’t call for annihilation but you want to use your own examples that are not in those scriptures.
The Bible says study not assume it says what it says just because it looks like it.
As far as doctrine you are the that is trying to save your doctrine with improper hermeneutics. Stick to context for a change instead of appearances. Jerrykelso

Please do not lecture anyone on hermeneutics. You argue a doctrine that you admit does not have one single proof text. That is totally ridiculous. Pretrib is a man-made invention. If it is biblical then answer my simple question (that i have asked a thousand times): can you give us one single Scripture that teaches your theory of (1) a rapture of the Church, (2) immediately followed by a literal seven-year tribulation, (3) immediately followed by a further coming of Christ?

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Please do not lecture anyone on hermeneutics. You argue a doctrine that you admit does not have one single proof text. That is totally ridiculous. Pretrib is a man-made invention. If it is biblical then answer my simple question (that i have asked a thousand times): can you give us one single Scripture that teaches your theory of (1) a rapture of the Church, (2) immediately followed by a literal seven-year tribulation, (3) immediately followed by a further coming of Christ?

baberean2,

1. I never said I didn’t have one single proof.
You are misconstruing what I said.
I said there is no literal statement in the book of Revelation that proves a pre, mid or post trib rapture.

2. You show me one single scripture that is a plain literal statement that shows a post trib rapture that goes straight to the New Heavens and the New Earth following the coming of Christ.
Jerrykelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said there is no literal statement in the book of Revelation that proves a pre, mid or post trib rapture.

There were no verses, or chapters in the text when it was written.

The text below says the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of God, and Christ "forever", at the seventh trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible. How long is "forever" in your mind?

In verse 18 we find the "wrath" of God upon the living nations, and the time of the judgment of the dead, with reward for some, and destruction for others.
How much clearer could it be?

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
Rev 11:16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
Rev 11:17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
baberean2,

1. I never said I didn’t have one single proof.
You are misconstruing what I said.

2. You show me one single scripture that is a plain literal statement that shows a post trib rapture that goes straight to the New Heavens and the New Earth following the coming of Christ.
Jerrykelso

I have showed you many. You just dismiss them because they expose Pretrib.

Jesus gathers all His elect together at His one and only coming and our gathering together unto Him. Contrary to what you impute into 1 Thessalonians 4:14-5:9 (namely that that Christ is only coming “for” His saints), this reading describes how Christ comes both “with” and “for” His people the next time. Please notice the highlighted blue that you have ducked around throughout this thread.

Let us look 1 Thessalonians 4:14-5:9. The text declares: “if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming [Gr. parousia] of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain ‘shall be caught up’ [Gr. harpazō] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Contrary to what Pretribs impute into this text (namely that that Christ is only coming “for” His saints), this reading describes how Christ comes both “with” and “for” His people the next time. Verse 14 of our reading explicitly states, “them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.” Those living will be “caught up” to meet Jesus when He appears. This is the ultimate uniting of the elect on earth (the live in Christ) and those in heaven (the dead in Christ).

2 Thessalonians 1:7-12, 2:1-4 shows that the “gathering” (i.e. catching away) of the saints occurs at “the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” It states: “And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed [Gr. apokalupsis] from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day. Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power: That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming [Gr. parousia] of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our ‘gathering together’ [Gr. episunagoge– originating from episunago] unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ [rendered “the day of the Lord” elsewhere in the New Testament] is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.”

The day of the Lord is near, it is approaching, it is at hand.

Once again “the coming of our Lord” and “the day of the Lord” are shown to refer to the same concluding day of time. Paul is encouraging the Church here to remain strong and steadfast as they await the coming of the day of the Lord. This day, that comes unexpectedly as a thief in the night, will catch the wicked unprepared. He tells the Thessalonians not to be “soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us.” This would suggest that there would be times of trial and tribulation to endure before this great climactic event. What is more, it is an approaching event that the Church was to prepare for, because: “the day of the Lord is at hand (or enistemi meaning impending).”

We should carefully note that this is the time when the Church is gathered unto the Lord. The coming (parousia) of the Lord witnesses the gathering of the saints – dead and alive. The dead in Christ are resurrected; the alive in Christ are caught up. The phrase “gathering together” is taken from the Greek word episunagoge proving that the Church isn't raptured until the one final coming of Christ at the day of the Lord.

This is sudden, climactic and totally destructive. It sees God rescuing His elect and destroying the wicked.

Matthew 24:29-31 refers to this same trumpet. It is a parallel text. Jesus says of His Coming, Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming (erchomai) in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and ‘they shall gather together[or episunago] his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.”

This is referring to the exact same event as is described in 1 Thessalonians 4. It is the Coming of the Lord that is signalled by the sound of the last trump and the uniting of the elect both on earth and in heaven. Christ tells us that the angels “shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.” This agrees with Paul’s assertion in 1 Thessalonians 4 that Christ will come with and for His saints at His Coming. Those saints that the angels gather in heaven are the "dead in Christ," those that are gathered from the four winds of the earth are 'the live in Christ'. This is describing the same event. Moreover, this passage locates the catching away at the end of the tribulation, not seven years before it. There is no 7-year tribulation period mentioned in Matthew 24:29-30, or anywhere else for that matter.

Jesus repeats that truth in the parallel passage in Mark 13:24-27, 31-32: “in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming (erchomai) in the clouds with great power and glory. And then shall he send his angels, and shall ‘gather together[or episunago] his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven ... Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.”

The first thing we should note here is that Jesus tells us that the “Coming” of the Lord and the gathering (i.e. catching away) of the saints occurs after the tribulation. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 and this correlate and negate the Pretrib argument that the “gathering” (i.e. catching away) of the saints occurs before the tribulation period. Not only does He gather the living elect “from the four winds... of the earth” but He also gathers His elect from “the uttermost part of heaven.” Jesus comes “with” and “for” His saints. This challenges the popular Pretrib theory that Christ is simply coming “for” His saints the second time and coming “with” his saints the third time (7yrs later).

Revelation 16:12-20 the opposite occurs: “And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon. And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.”

Here we see a vivid record of Satan’s great concluding ‘devilish gathering’ just prior to the one final future Coming of Christ. The seventh vial portrays an unmistakable description of the all-consummating Second coming.

If Revelation 16:15-20 is the middle of the so-called Pretrib 7-year tribulation, after the Pretrib rapture (Revelation 4:1), and before the Pretrib 3rd coming (Revelation 19) why is Jesus still promising to come as a thief and exhorting His Church to be watchful?

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There were no verses, or chapters in the text when it was written.

The text below says the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of God, and Christ "forever", at the seventh trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible. How long is "forever" in your mind?

In verse 18 we find the "wrath" of God upon the living nations, and the time of the judgment of the dead, with reward for some, and destruction for others.
How much clearer could it be?

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
Rev 11:16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
Rev 11:17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

baberean2,

1. The 7th trump is never referred to as
the last trump.

2. The 7th trumpet is in the middle of the tribulation is not one day but days Revelation 10:7; But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished as he hath declared to his servants and prophets.
The mystery of God was not the second coming for the day of the Lord all Jews understood and even New Testament Christians.
The 7th trumpet is from Revelation 11:15-16:1-2, the Wrath of God.

3. The Corinthian church would know nothing about the 7 trumpets of Revelation because Paul was dead and gone before John ever had the vision on Patmos. But they would have understood the trumpets of the Jewish feasts.

4. So you have no ground to stand on with your futile appearances and wrong perception. Once again it is about context. Jerrykelso

Last edited:
Upvote 0