Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The timing of Revelation 20 is revealed by the Apostle Paul.

The fire comes at the end of Revelation 20.
In 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10 Paul said Christ returns "in flaming fire" taking vengeance on those who do not know God.

The judgment of the dead is found at the end of Revelation 20.
In 2 Timothy 4:1 Paul said Christ judges both the living and the dead at His appearing. The time of the judgment of the dead, with reward for some, and destruction for others is also found in Revelation 11:15-18.
This proves the Book of Revelation is not in chronological order. This is confirmed by Christ returning as a thief at Armageddon in Revelation 16:15-16, and also in chapter 19.

Revelation 20 is full of symbolic language.

We know the "first resurrection" in the chapter cannot be the first bodily resurrection in the book, because the two witnesses were bodily resurrected in chapter 11.
We also find the time of the judgment of the dead in Revelation 11:18, and you cannot have a time of the judgment of the dead without a bodily resurrection of the dead.

All of the above proves the Premill doctrine cannot be correct.

Christ will not conduct funeral services for 1,000 years after His Second Coming, in a world where immortals and mortals both live on the planet.
There are no mortals left alive on the planet at the end of the judgment of the living in Matthew 25:31-46.
Instead Revelation 20 is a symbolic vision of the entire Church Age.

The 1,000 years is symbolic, just as the "key", and the "chain" are symbolic in the passage.
We know from Mark 5 that demonic spirits cannot be bound by a literal chain.

Some people try to interpret their entire Bible through their man-made interpretation of Revelation 20.
This is a serious mistake, and has produced numerous cults.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

In 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10 Paul said Christ returns "in flaming fire" taking vengeance on those who do not know God.

In 2 Timothy 4:1 Paul said Christ judges both the living and the dead at His appearing. The time of the judgment of the dead, with reward for some, and destruction for others is also found in Revelation 11:15-18.
This proves the Book of Revelation is not in chronological order. This is confirmed by Christ returning as a thief at Armageddon in Revelation 16:15-16, and also in chapter 19.

We know the "first resurrection" in the chapter cannot be the first bodily resurrection in the book, because the two witnesses were bodily resurrected in chapter 11.
We also find the time of the judgment of the dead in Revelation 11:18, and you cannot have a time of the judgment of the dead without a bodily resurrection of the dead.

Christ will not conduct funeral services for 1,000 years after His Second Coming, in a world where immortals and mortals both live on the planet.
There are no mortals left alive on the planet at the end of the judgment of the living in Matthew 25:31-46.

The 1,000 years is symbolic, just as the "key", and the "chain" are symbolic in the passage.

Some people try to interpret their entire Bible through their man-made interpretation of Revelation 20.

The 1,000 years is symbolic,

1,000 years symbolic of what?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1,000 years symbolic of what?

Of the time period between Christ's first coming and His Second coming.

The exact length of that period of time could not be revealed to us, because no man is to know the day or the hour of His return.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The exact length of that period of time could not be revealed to us, because no man is to know the day or the hour of His return.

Agree ....

unless I am misunderstanding you this seems contradictive? ie when Jesus returns the 1st resurrection happens.

who are the two witnesses?

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I don't know, sounds and reads like a 1000 years to me. Jesus says it 6 times so it must be what He meant to say. :idea:

And are taking the day and hour out of context, He only says that after He gives signs to watch for and then we will know when the "season" is. He only says, day and hour- not a week or even month.

I know it will be on the feast of trumpets about 2.5 years after the AD is revealed on the Temple mount ( which will probably be on Passover). We won't know the season for sure until the revealing of this event. That is the one sign that gives us a time marker.

What is not commonly known in the Church today, is this was a idiom for the feast of Trumpets back in Jesus' day. The Jewish believers and disciples would of know this. It was the hidden day because the new moon had to be observed by watchers and then reported to the Sanhedrin, then the shofar (rams horn) was blown. This woke every one up and started the 10 days of awe leading up to the day of atonement- the next feast on the Jewish calendar. (see Exodus 19:10-25)

As and aside, 1 year and 10 days are the exact number of days Noah was in the Ark. (gen 7:11 & 8:13-22-using a 360 day year) And this fits well with Isa. 34:8, where it says the Lord has a day of vengeance and year of recompense(pay back) for the controversy of Zion. The question is will we humble ourselves and believe this information God has brought out in these end of days? Or will we hold onto the same misguided things we have been taught and believe. The book of Daniel is open, it's getting close!

The rams horn is the trumpet of God and is different than the seven one in Rev. This is the trumpet used at the parousia/coming in the Olivet Discourse of Jesus. (Mat 24-25, Mark 13, Luke 21) I didn't know this either until I read the book, "The last Sofar", by Lenard and Zoller. I highly recommend it! Changed my thinking on the subject. :)
https://www.amazon.com/Last-Shofar-Joseph-Lenard/dp/1628711086

And it's the angel doing the binding (not earthly chains of men), and the bottomless pit is how he won't influence nations no more. Satan is active and walking around now, if not, we would not need to use spiritual warfare (Eph 6) or worry about him.

6Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, 7casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. 8Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world.

Satan Bound

1Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.

4Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Satan Freed, Doomed

7When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison, 8and will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore. 9And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, sounds and reads like a 1000 years to me. Jesus says it 6 times so it must be what He meant to say.

The word "Lamb" is found 29 times below in the Book of Revelation.
Does that mean it is not symbolic?

Is it referring to an animal, or the Lord Jesus Christ?

Rev_5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Rev_5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Rev_5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Rev_5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Rev_6:1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

Rev_6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Rev_7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Rev_7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Rev_7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Rev_7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Rev_12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Rev_13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Rev_14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

Rev_14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Rev_14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Rev_15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

Rev_17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rev_19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Rev_19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Rev_21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Rev_21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Rev_21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Rev_21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev_22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Rev_22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

Do you think the Apostle Paul was confused in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, and 2 Timothy 4:1?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
unless I am misunderstanding you this seems contradictive? ie when Jesus returns the 1st resurrection happens.

who are the two witnesses?

Based on Revelation 11:4, and Romans 11:24, and Revelation 1:20, the two witnesses are a symbol of the New Covenant Church of Jesus Christ.

Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
Rev 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
Rev 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

There is a spiritual resurrection that the "souls" in Revelation 20 have already undergone in the verse below.

Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Rev_5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Rev_5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Rev_5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Rev_5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Rev_6:1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

Rev_6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Rev_7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Rev_7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Rev_7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Rev_7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Rev_12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Rev_13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Rev_14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

Rev_14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Rev_14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Rev_15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

Rev_17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rev_19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Rev_19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Rev_21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Rev_21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Rev_21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Rev_21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev_22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Rev_22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

Do you think the Apostle Paul was confused in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, and 2 Timothy 4:1?

Yes, but there is no reason not to take 1000 years as literal. There are others Scriptures to support Jesus is being symbolically referred to as the Lamb of God. And the logical progression from Revelation 19 into 20 shows this is only after the kings of the earth are destroyed by Jesus, then His reign on earth begins.

24Now they had been sent from the Pharisees. 25They asked him, and said to him, “Why then are you baptizing, if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?” 26John answered them saying, “I baptize in water, but among you stands One whom you do not know. 27It is He who comes after me, the thong of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie.” 28These things took place in Bethany beyond the Jordan, where John was baptizing.

29The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟305,836.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Good stuff BaB. But wouldn't the 1,000 years be symbolic for the time between the 1st advent and satan's little season, and not the 2nd advent?

revelation 20:3 And he threw him into the Abyss, shut it, and sealed it over him, so that he could not deceive the nations until the thousand years were complete. After that, he must be released for a brief period of time.

Revelation 20:7 When the thousand years are complete, Satan will be released from his prison,

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but there is no reason not to take 1000 years as literal. There are others Scriptures to support Jesus is being symbolically referred to as the Lamb of God. And the logical progression from Revelation 19 into 20 shows this is only after the kings of the earth are destroyed by Jesus, then His reign on earth begins.

24Now they had been sent from the Pharisees. 25They asked him, and said to him, “Why then are you baptizing, if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?” 26John answered them saying, “I baptize in water, but among you stands One whom you do not know. 27It is He who comes after me, the thong of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie.” 28These things took place in Bethany beyond the Jordan, where John was baptizing.

29The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

You are ignoring the other verses I gave at the start which prove chapter 20 is full of symbolic language.

Can a demonic spirit be bound with a literal chain, based on the scripture below?

Mar 5:1 And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
Mar 5:2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
Mar 5:3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
Mar 5:4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.

I will ask the question again.

Do you think Paul was confused in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, and 2 Timothy 4:1?

• Prayers
Reactions: shilohsfoal
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good stuff BaB. But wouldn't the 1,000 years be symbolic for the time between the 1st advent and satan's little season, and not the 2nd advent?

revelation 20:3 And he threw him into the Abyss, shut it, and sealed it over him, so that he could not deceive the nations until the thousand years were complete. After that, he must be released for a brief period of time.

Revelation 20:7 When the thousand years are complete, Satan will be released from his prison,

I think you are on the right track.

Thanks for your input.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Based on Revelation 11:4, and Romans 11:24, and Revelation 1:20, the two witnesses are a symbol of the New Covenant Church of Jesus Christ.

Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
Rev 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
Rev 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

There is a spiritual resurrection that the "souls" in Revelation 20 have already undergone in the verse below.

Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

there are two witnesses ... is they are the "new covenant church" the the "church" only represents one "entity"

the two witnesses .... past or future.

These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks

What are these symbolic of?

what is the great city that is spiritually called Sodom & Egypt?

If the witnesses is the new covenant church ... how does the church have theses powers?

Rev 11:6 These (witnesses) have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
there are two witnesses ... is they are the "new covenant church" the the "church" only represents one "entity"

the two witnesses .... past or future.

These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks

What are these symbolic of?

What is the city where our Lord was crucified?

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Jer 5:13 And the prophets shall become wind, and the word is not in them: thus shall it be done unto them.
Jer 5:14 Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are ignoring the other verses I gave at the start which prove chapter 20 is full of symbolic language.

Can a demonic spirit be bound with a literal chain, based on the scripture below?

Mar 5:1 And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
Mar 5:2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
Mar 5:3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
Mar 5:4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.

I will ask the question again.

Do you think Paul was confused in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, and 2 Timothy 4:1?

I answered you above. This man was bound by chains made on the earth and an angel did not bind this man. A text without context is just pretext for whatever we want it to mean. There is nothing in the context of Rev 20 to not understand this as literal event.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Jer 5:13 And the prophets shall become wind, and the word is not in them: thus shall it be done unto them.
Jer 5:14 Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them.

well that would be Jerusalem ...

when has Jerusalem ever been referred to as Sodom & Egypt?

Romans 11:24 is talking about the engrafting of the gentiles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

If you assemble every passage regarding the 2nd coming and the kingdom age coming it paints a clear cohesive picture with fire and vengeance and it has Jesus coming when Jerusalem is the center of trouble and the world has gathered there and life continues after the LORD is king over all the earth. The everlasting righteousness and world peace and ruling with a rod of iron achieve a level that will indeed reflect the righteousness of the LORD being in charge and Satan being bound. The end of the 1000 years shows Satan deceives one more time and that rebellion is short lived as the end comes when Jerusalem is only surrounded and is quite a different story of the 2nd coming at the end of the tribulation.

Upvote 0

grafted branch

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟260,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I agree with you, and would add that it’s also important to look at Christ sitting at the right hand of God.

Christ is currently sitting at the right hand of God (Colossians 3:1).

Christ remains seated until his enemies are made his footstool (Psalms 110:1).

The last enemy is death (1 Corinthians 15:26).

Christ can’t get up and meet people in the air for a rapture until death is no longer an enemy. Also there can’t be any death in a future millennium unless Christ remains seated at the right hand of God, which is where he currently is.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Isn't Rev 11 also full of symbolic language? Isn't it possible that the "breath of life from God" in Rev 11:11-12 is symbolic and not a literal raising to their feet?

Revelation 11:11-12 ~ But after the three and a half days, the breath of life from God entered the two witnesses, and they stood on their feet, and great fear fell upon those who saw them. And they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, ‘Come up here.’ And they ascended to heaven in a cloud, and their enemies saw them

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Isn't Rev 11 also full of symbolic language? Isn't it possible that the "breath of life from God" in Rev 11:11 is symbolic and not a literal raising to their feet?

Revelation 11:11 ~ But after the three and a half days, the breath of life from God entered the two witnesses, and they stood on their feet, and great fear fell upon those who saw them.

Revelation 11:11 KJV
[11] And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

Two Witnesses are symbolically True Christians who were no longer bring the Gospel of Life in this great city, which, spiritually speaking, is Sodom and Egypt. Since Christians are already filled with the Holy Spirit when they were born again, so the "Spirit of Life" or "breath of life" has nothing to do with their salvation, but rather bringing life to their testimony so they will testify once again following their death (silence) for 3 and half symbolic days.

Let me explain...after three and a half days of this death sleep in the city, the Spirit of Life enters into these witnesses of god and they "stood up." This word stood [histemi] is the same word we read in verse one where the Messenger of God stood that John would measure the Temple. Remember, these witnesses were not literally dead, and so this is not a literal rising up from the dead. Nor were they spiritually dead because they are already spiritually alive. And so the killing of the Witnesses both in this passage and in Revelation chapter thirteen, signifies only the silencing of the Word of life which they were bringing. For example, death in that their witness of life 'in the Church' for the purpose of salvation has ended. In that sense only were they killed, and so in that sense only do they 'stand up' from that sense of death in these streets.

There is no question but that this prophecy is a spiritual parallel to the resurrection of the body of Christ, because the Church "is" the body of Christ. Just as at the time of Christ's resurrection, there was a great earthquake, and the stones moved, and the keepers did quake in fear. So at this time there will be this quaking and stones moved out of their place. In fact, the parallels between the time of Christ's first coming, and the time of His second, are almost identical at every turn. From the apostasy in the Church, to the testimony of the saints, to the buyers and sellers. The fall of the external congregation and Satan's rule therein is inevitable. The first and second advents of Christ being divinely inspired parallels illustrate this. And sandwiched between them is the binding of Satan.

This verse in revelation is not about two literal people standing on their feet after being physically ead, any more than the prophecy of the dry bones of Ezekiel chapter thirty-seven was. It illustrates a Spiritual awakening of the faithful witnesses in the Churches by the Spirit of life. So unlike preachinig about salvation, the Elect will start to testify judgment against the unfaithful congregation. The image of them standing on their feet illustrate they are made mobile. The symbology of feet in scripture points to the means of mobilization. God often uses it to signify those who are 'sent.'

The truth is, the witnesses were resurrected in the contextual, logical, and very same sense that they were killed. For exmaple, the true witnesses in the Church were silenced (symbolic death, not spiritual death), and here they are awakened from THAT silence, and stand on their feet mobilized to declare God's Word. Not in salvation but in judgment against unfaithful congregation who have killed them! They stand up from their death in the streets, much like in the parable of the ten virgins in which Christ taught they rose up from their sleep (a synonym for death) when there was a cry made 'at midnight' to depart out, or go out from where they were [exerchomai] to meet Him.
Matthew 25:6
  • "And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him."
It is no coincidence that this is when the bridegroom tarried, or delayed His coming, that the virgins slept. There is a very pertinent spiritual signification to these things. Also, note in this parable that some of the virgins had sufficient oil (signifying the anointing of the Spirit) and others didn't. And 'after' the cry was made to come out, and while these unprepared virgins searched to acquire this oil, the door was shut unto them and they were left out from the wedding. Again, a 'clear' illustration that there is some time left on earth between the time the cry is made to the virgins, and the end of the world when the door is shut and it is too late. In other words, to not have the oil at this time is a fatal mistake. Consider the parable wisely.

Matthew 25:6-13
  • "And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
  • Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
  • And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
  • But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
  • And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
  • Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
  • But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
  • Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."
Knowledge is power, and the knowledge in view is the understanding of scripture given by the anointing oil of the Holy Spirit. By this anointing, we are not those who are unprepared to come out when the cry is made. Clearly, in this parable, God is illustrating that there is a 'separation' of those who have oil, and those who have no oil. Those who have the continual light, and those who do not. Oil signifies the Spirit, and the foolish virgins ask for oil for their lamps, but believers cannot give of their spirit to those lacking. Rest assured that it is no coincidence that we read in this parable that they must go to those who 'sell and buy.' For these are unsaved people professing to be Christian, but have not the oil. And the place of buying and selling is ruled over by the beast, and only those with his mark can buy. In other words, the Church is now ruled over by false Christians, a den of thieves and robbers. The time of sealing by the Spirit is over, and the door to Salvation is shut unto these foolish virgins.

Therefore, the true Christian arose to the feet to prophesy against unsaved people professing to be Christians to be judged for buying and selling along with the beast (the body of false prophets and christs) in the church. And the true Christians are leaving the church because of this, and this put fear upon the professed Christians are left wondering why they are leaving their church.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

So this is proof that Revelation 20 has no symbolic language.

Upvote 0