Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
i'm in a situation where I actually know what I would like to do and what I would like to be. I want to marry and have children and would actually like to start a church in a certain area for a certain people. I also know what it would take for me to get to that point and my reaction to that has been "oh well..nevermind...forget it". since i'm not willing to pay the price to get where I want to in life I simply won't get there. I'll have to go a different route.

I watched a few videos of an evangelist guy named nick Vujicic, a guy who has no arms or legs but is a successful business owner, husband, and father of children. he's a great inspiration to those dealing with handicaps and other life setbacks that you can achieve anything with the LORD's help. the guy clearly had a ton of determination, drive, and ambition to overcome his challenges and achieve the things he did. those are things I honestly have never had. I always HATED school(still do) and have never been a goal oriented person.

I think I could qualify for someone who is handicapped, emotionally anyway, in just not having a desire to do squat. I know what I want to do and what needs to be done to get there but have no desire to take on the task. gaming can't be all to life(unless you do it professionally like Justin wong or diago umehara but i'm not willing to work toward that either). I do have a job, but it's pretty dead end and won't take me anywhere. it pays enough for me to do the personal things I like to do.

so, my prayer request is for the LORD to give me some intestinal fortitude, ambition, drive, motivation, emotional maturity, whatever, to be more than a worthless eater and a waste of flesh.

thank you for your time..

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i'm in a situation where I actually know what I would like to do and what I would like to be. I want to marry and have children and would actually like to start a church in a certain area for a certain people. I also know what it would take for me to get to that point and my reaction to that has been "oh well..nevermind...forget it". since i'm not willing to pay the price to get where I want to in life I simply won't get there. I'll have to go a different route.

I watched a few videos of an evangelist guy named nick Vujicic, a guy who has no arms or legs but is a successful business owner, husband, and father of children. he's a great inspiration to those dealing with handicaps and other life setbacks that you can achieve anything with the LORD's help. the guy clearly had a ton of determination, drive, and ambition to overcome his challenges and achieve the things he did. those are things I honestly have never had. I always HATED school(still do) and have never been a goal oriented person.

I think I could qualify for someone who is handicapped, emotionally anyway, in just not having a desire to do squat. I know what I want to do and what needs to be done to get there but have no desire to take on the task. gaming can't be all to life(unless you do it professionally like Justin wong or diago umehara but i'm not willing to work toward that either). I do have a job, but it's pretty dead end and won't take me anywhere. it pays enough for me to do the personal things I like to do.

so, my prayer request is for the LORD to give me some intestinal fortitude, ambition, drive, motivation, emotional maturity, whatever, to be more than a worthless eater and a waste of flesh.

thank you for your time..
Hmm am I allowed to give advice on a prayer wall?

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
it's what I would like..
I will join you in prayer for this and know that you will have a battle to get there, "believe me" but it will be worth it friend. EPH 6:10- remember this daily..
If I can help in anyway please feel free to message me :]

• Friendly
Reactions: S.O.J.I.A.
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: You're right about Nick. I saw a video of him visiting one of the most dangerous and toughest prisons ever, and after his message, do you know what he did?

He gave hugs. There were hugs and tears from the toughest of men.

He's done the same in schools.

God uses him mightily.

He can do the same for you. It's HIM that we see moooooving through Nick. He is POWERFUL and can use each of us a His vessel.

Praying for you W. (((hug)))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

turkle

Blessed
Jan 25, 2004
✟226,907.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my experience, and in the parables of Jesus, the Lord almost never changes someone's attitude, which is what it appears you are in essence asking for. The prayer should be one of repentance from laziness to be obedient to your calling. Some scriptures to look at:
Proverbs 6:6, 6:9, 10:26, 12:27, 13:4, 15:19, 20:4, 26:15 and especially 21:25

In the parables, the Lord always required people to first make a choice, and then act on it. Peter had to step out of the boat, the blind man had to wash his eyes, the man with the withered hand had to stretch it out, the cripple had to get up when he thought he wasn't capable, Simon had to go out to deep water to fish...and on and on.

If you are called to do something, it is up to you to do it, whether you feel like it or not, whether it makes sense or not. I pray not for motivation or drive for you, but for repentance and the courage to choose to take action in obedience to what He's told you to do.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Just want to remind everyone that this is the prayer wall. I know everyone feels they have the silver bullet solution but I just need prayer right now.

Thank you.

Sorry W. No harm intended.

Just praying for you then.

• Friendly
Reactions: S.O.J.I.A.
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums