Orlando & the West....and my sin.

Aug 27, 2012
United States of America
✟41,078.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
One middle aged woman who had beaten cancer twice was there with her son when she was killed. Some of the gays there may have been cruising, but certainly not all. Sleaziness isn't a part of every homosexual's lifestyle. A gay nightclub is more than that. It's a safe space, a place where we can feel entirely comfortable being ourselves without fear of repercussions, a place to just dance and have a good time, and that space was attacked and many people were killed. And if you can't understand that a bar or a club can be a sanctuary, you've probably never been afraid to hold someone's hand in public.

I would also add that not once in this thread did I see "homophobia" mentioned, though that had a lot to do with this tragic incident. I've noticed that in general many folks are very reluctant to admit that homophobia was a factor because that means they share a trait with someone who killed 50 people.

That's all I really have to say on this, other than the much need prayer of, "Lord, have mercy!" <3

Maybe you didn't see the word "homophobia" because there is none? Shocking I know! Just think of the possibilities! It's possible to disagree with someone's choices and not hate them!

LGBQT folks are not the only group that has suffered discrimination or been the target of hatred.

As a member of a different minority group who have also experienced such things, I've learned that in order to defeat such attitudes, you have to show that you are the better person. Otherwise, they continue to have control over you.
I really hope you are not including us in any way with the shooter, who is looking more and more like he was suffering from some form of mental illness.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What happened to my post? all I did is say what the Church has said on such issues, utter and complete garbage by the mods.

If the post is quoting another post that is a violation, or it's part of the off topic discussion, then it's removed in a clean.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One middle aged woman who had beaten cancer twice was there with her son when she was killed. Some of the gays there may have been cruising, but certainly not all. Sleaziness isn't a part of every homosexual's lifestyle. A gay nightclub is more than that. It's a safe space, a place where we can feel entirely comfortable being ourselves without fear of repercussions, a place to just dance and have a good time, and that space was attacked and many people were killed. And if you can't understand that a bar or a club can be a sanctuary, you've probably never been afraid to hold someone's hand in public.

I would also add that not once in this thread did I see "homophobia" mentioned, though that had a lot to do with this tragic incident. I've noticed that in general many folks are very reluctant to admit that homophobia was a factor because that means they share a trait with someone who killed 50 people.

That's all I really have to say on this, other than the much need prayer of, "Lord, have mercy!" <3

Wait, your accusing some of the people on this board of having some of the traits of that nutjob, because the word "homophobia" wasn't used once in this thread? What utter, and complete crap, we all may not get along here, and argue with each other, yet not 1 person on TAW wants to go & kill anybody, even homosexuals. Go to a forum run by the "religion of peace™" accusing them of "homophobia" then see a difference in the Christian and Muslim responses to this terrorist attack.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe you didn't see the word "homophobia" because there is none? Shocking I know! Just think of the possibilities! It's possible to disagree with someone's choices and not hate them!

LGBQT folks are not the only group that has suffered discrimination or been the target of hatred.

As a member of a different minority group who have also experienced such things, I've learned that in order to defeat such attitudes, you have to show that you are the better person. Otherwise, they continue to have control over you.
I really hope you are not including us in any way with the shooter, who is looking more and more like he was suffering from some form of mental illness.

You make good points, Greg, and what really is perverted is they are tying themselves to the civil rights movement, there no common link between black people legit struggle against Jim Crow, and gay people wanting to deform marriage, and have perverted gay clubs.

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2012
United States of America
✟41,078.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You make good points, Greg, and what really is perverted is they are tying themselves to the civil rights movement, there no common link between black people legit struggle against Jim Crow, and gay people wanting to deform marriage, and have perverted gay clubs.

Yes, while sexual actions between people of the same gender is certainly not anything like how much melanin you have in your skin, they are no less deserving of our love and mercy.

I just wish so many people would stop looking only to the extreme examples of Christians behaving badly and paint a broad brush on all Christians. President Obama said we shouldn't do this to Muslims, so, we shouldn't do it to Christians, or anyone else for that matter.

And that brings me to my next point. It was a Muslim who did this, not a Christian!

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, while sexual actions between people of the same gender is certainly not anything like how much melanin you have in your skin, they are no less deserving of our love and mercy.

I just wish so many people would stop looking only to the extreme examples of Christians behaving badly and paint a broad brush on all Christians. President Obama said we shouldn't do this to Muslims, so, we shouldn't do it to Christians, or anyone else for that matter.

And that brings me to my next point. It was a Muslim who did this, not a Christian!

Of course Homosexuals deserve love, and mercy, we all Sin in the eyes of GOD. I know I can do a better job showing compassion to these folks, It just seems like nobody seems to want to bring up the cold hard fact, it was a Muslim, who pledged alligence to ISIS who killed all these folks, not the so called "Christian Right", who isn't as powerful as they were in the 1980's anyways. Instead of calling out Islam, it seems now there a witch hunt by the far left against gun owners, and what the media terms as "hateful Christians". Still these folks should receive compassion, while not changing the Orthodox Church stance on such controversial issues or innovating on such issues. We should also pray for their souls, so that Christ might forgive them, and not cast them outside his kingdom, during the second coming.

Reactions: topcare
Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2012
United States of America
✟41,078.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I figured that an attack from a Muslim source was going to hit the LGBQT community sooner or later because, news flash people, Islam considers homosexual sex to be a sin and that this attack was going to bring out the true colors of the far left, who are really anti Christian more than anything else.

And this proves it.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

plus, if Christianity is true and homosexuality is sinful behavior which takes someone away from God, the hateful Christian would keep silent on the issue. if I had a buddy who was abusing alcohol and not hurting anyone else, the loving thing to do would be to try to help him stop, or at least speak the truth in love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just wonder how much longer the sexual deviant acronym is going to extend? It started as LGB I remember. Lesbian Gay Bisexual. Then they added the T in there for transexuals. I thought it was done. Next they inserted the Q for "questioning or queer." I wonder when the P for pedophiles and the B for inappropriate behavior with animals and the other P for polyamory and "I" for sex with inanimate objects will kick in?

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
There's a Q too? I knew LGBT, now there's a Q. Huh.

I don't care how much longer it gets. I'll care when it makes it into the dictionary as its own word so that I can use it in Scrabble. A G, a B, and a Q all in the same word? That's money right there.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can't use acronyms in Scrabble, and I don't see it becoming an actual word unless it's like lesgaybitransiqueerical. LOL

I don't care how much longer it gets. I'll care when it makes it into the dictionary as its own word so that I can use it in Scrabble. A G, a B, and a Q all in the same word? That's money right there.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,091.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Sorry, from the rules:
Any word that required the use of a capital letter is not allowed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
but if you can combine the words to create a new word:

translesbianigayqueerical

Now it's just an adjective! LOL

Sorry, from the rules:
Any word that required the use of a capital letter is not allowed.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
See, it works as a word. Just fill it in with some vowels and you're good to go. Lesbigatransque! It almost sounds French.

shifty-eyed-dog-o.gif

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or the Spanish gaylesbiquuericanense.

See, it works as a word. Just fill it in with some vowels and you're good to go. Lesbigatransque! It almost sounds French.

shifty-eyed-dog-o.gif

Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0