Right Here
✟50,881.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We can cAll homosexual behavior a sin and still feel horror and outrage and compassion at what happened in Orlando. If someone shoots up a McDinalds next week are you going to say, gluttony is a sin so those people had it coming?

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,092.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So in other words Cappadocious is suggesting I'm a homosexual?
Obviously not, otherwise his comment would have been, "Having a lot of success on Grindr lately?". As a non homosexual it is a given that you would not find much interest on the site :D

Reactions: ZaidaBoBaida
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Come to Mississippi--we probably have some gays but they don't act like yours.

I know quite a few of them, but there was one transgender student who really broke my heart. Born a male, feeling he/she was female, she dressed as much like a female as possible, but wasn't gay. There was a girl friend back in his hometown. Parents wanted nothing to do with their child. Surgery was being contemplated but unaffordable. Being a white student at a historically black university made him/her stick out in the first place, but carrying a purse made it worse. Far as I know, students didn't mistreat him /her, he was mostly ignored. This was really a tortured individual and in her loneliness came to office to talk frequently. He/She didn't return the following year and I wonder what happened.

Upvote 0

ICXC-NIKA

May 25, 2016
USA
✟8,052.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My heart breaks for the victims of this terrible tragedy. Gay, straight or whatever they were still innocent people that were slaughtered. I may not have agreed with their lifestyle, but that doesn't mean I believe all homosexuals should be killed. I will pray for them.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then what does he mean?

Obviously not, otherwise his comment would have been, "Having a lot of success on Grindr lately?". As a non homosexual it is a given that you would not find much interest on the site :D

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nicely said. I don't wish death on gays, despite finding their lifestyle repulsive and sinful....But I will admit that I need to feel more compassion. These people were cruising for sodomy "hookups" in a sleazy place. While I don't necessarily think they deserve it, going to places like that never have anything good about them. Drugs, booze, AIDS, STD's, sin.

We can cAll homosexual behavior a sin and still feel horror and outrage and compassion at what happened in Orlando. If someone shoots up a McDinalds next week are you going to say, gluttony is a sin so those people had it coming?

Reactions: topcare
Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know quite a few of them, but there was one transgender student who really broke my heart. Born a male, feeling he/she was female, she dressed as much like a female as possible, but wasn't gay. There was a girl friend back in his hometown. Parents wanted nothing to do with their child. Surgery was being contemplated but unaffordable. Being a white student at a historically black university made him/her stick out in the first place, but carrying a purse made it worse. Far as I know, students didn't mistreat him /her, he was mostly ignored. This was really a tortured individual and in her loneliness came to office to talk frequently. He/She didn't return the following year and I wonder what happened.
Sorry to hear that. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I hear you.

I often find it hard with homosexuals to "love the sinner, hate the sin", which we as Christians must do. We are constantly drawn to one extreme or the other. I hate the gay pickup culture (as I know many gays do). Yet I also find it difficult to stand up to the cultural inundation we all experience that tells us that homosexuality is normal and worthy of celebration.

We Orthodox should pray for an extra measure of grace to love these people now, in their weakness, yet also the grace to proclaim boldly that homosexuality is a disease, like any other sin, for which we know the antidote.

Yes - thank you for this. Reading this thread has been depressing.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2012
United States of America
✟41,078.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

He could be also saying that because guerney is expressing his intense distaste for male physical affection, he is frustrated because he isn't having success on Grindr.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Is it ironic that while I was watching coverage of the Orlando situation, I had 2 AK's on the floor and a .45 and was stripping and cleaning them? Is there some kind of gun penance? :sleep::sorry:
WASR-10s? Or something higher end?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WASR's started to decline in quality from 2000-2009 or so. They were junk. Then enough people labeled them as garbage so Romarm/Cugir in Romania retooled everything and got serious. They started making a seriously nice rifle. It's simple, ain't fancy, but it's reliable and tough and accurate!

Nice. I've got my grandpa's old WASR. Very easy to clean and shoot.

Upvote 0