United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
3 Young Children Stone a Flamingo to Death After Breaking Into Czech Zoo

For me, atrocities such as this (and all other atrocities) are clear evidence of original sin.

Three kids snuck into the flamingo enclosure at a Czech zoo and attacked a colony of the terrified birds with baseball-sized rocks. They killed a male flamingo and injured another, zoo officials said. The incident took place last week when the children — ages 5, 6 and 8 — broke into the Jihlava Zoo, located about 80 miles south of Prague.
ScreenHunter_125 Mar. 16 11.18.jpg

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So you're saying that all children their age and younger deserve to roast in an eternal hellfire?

I agree that those three children are awful and need to be punished, but the thought I listed above can be nothing resembling justice and more resembling malevolent evil.

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
So you're saying that all children their age and younger deserve to roast in an eternal hellfire?

I agree that those three children are awful and need to be punished, but the thought I listed above can be nothing resembling justice and more resembling malevolent evil.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. The point I was trying to make is that everyone is born with original sin

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. The point I was trying to make is that everyone is born with original sin

But it's said that with original sin we all deserve hell, so your point leads to that even if it's not a conclusion people like to think about.

Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
But it's said that with original sin we all deserve hell, so your point leads to that even if it's not a conclusion people like to think about.

Since we are born with original sin, we all deserve hell and death, but it's always possible that these children (and many other people) will come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Man has been born into a world infected by sin, of sinful parents, with a bent to sin and selfishness, and WILL sin.

We (Orthodox) still don't call that "original sin" and it does not have exactly the same ramifications (nor do we believe in total depravity).

But I agree those children certainly gave themselves over to a baser passion and did a terrible thing. I hope they are terribly upset by it now, because if they aren't, that's even more concerning.

Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
But I agree those children certainly gave themselves over to a baser passion and did a terrible thing. I hope they are terribly upset by it now, because if they aren't, that's even more concerning. Lord have mercy.

Lord have mercy

Upvote 0