Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Did I mention we had puppies two weeks ago? :clap: They are soooo cute. They just opened their eyes yesterday. Mom is not so good. :( She is very young for being a mom, but, with our help, things are coming along. I will post some pictures when we get them.

:)

Upvote 0

skylark1

In awesome wonder
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
✟14,176.00
Faith
Christian
Jenda said:
Did I mention we had puppies two weeks ago? :clap: They are soooo cute. They just opened their eyes yesterday. Mom is not so good. :( She is very young for being a mom, but, with our help, things are coming along. I will post some pictures when we get them.

Jenda,

I bet that your puppies are adorable. :)

Is their mom doing better yet?

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
skylark1 said:
Jenda,

I bet that your puppies are adorable. :)

Is their mom doing better yet?
She's putting up with it, and this heat isn't helping. We don't have air conditioning, and this is the hottest year we have had since I moved up here. It usually doesn't hit 90 degrees till late July/early August, and it has been over 90 degrees for a few days now. Poor pups. Poor me. :eek:

Upvote 0

gort

pedantric
Sep 18, 2003
Visit site
✟26,872.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jenda said:
She's putting up with it, and this heat isn't helping. We don't have air conditioning, and this is the hottest year we have had since I moved up here. It usually doesn't hit 90 degrees till late July/early August, and it has been over 90 degrees for a few days now. Poor pups. Poor me. :eek:

Well, in that case, daneel should install an air-conditioning system for your home.

But first, we need to do an indepth analysis and inspection of your home in order to properly size up a system for you. :D

<><

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
daneel said:
Well, in that case, daneel should install an air-conditioning system for your home.

But first, we need to do an indepth analysis and inspection of your home in order to properly size up a system for you. :D

<><
Let me know when you will be in my neighborhood so I can hide all the "stuff" I don't want anyone to see. :D

Would also give me an excuse to put away my Christmas stuff and get out all my religious icons. (Just so people know I am Christian.) :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

gort

pedantric
Sep 18, 2003
Visit site
✟26,872.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jenda said:
Let me know when you will be in my neighborhood so I can hide all the "stuff" I don't want anyone to see. :D

Would also give me an excuse to put away my Christmas stuff and get out all my religious icons. (Just so people know I am Christian.) :thumbsup:

I'm sorry, but company policy dictates that we show up anytime between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm any day of the week that we choose, without advanced notice, just like the telephone company.

<><

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
daneel said:
I'm sorry, but company policy dictates that we show up anytime between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm any day of the week that we choose, without advanced notice, just like the telephone company.

<><
But as my house is not air conditioned, if you called me ahead of time to let me know, I could have a cool pitcher of iced tea (or lemonade (or cool drink of your choice)) pre-made so that you wouldn't have to suffer in the heat during these hot, humid days you'd be installing it. If not, you'd just have to suffer in the heat with the rest of us. :D

Upvote 0

gort

pedantric
Sep 18, 2003
Visit site
✟26,872.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jenda said:
But as my house is not air conditioned, if you called me ahead of time to let me know, I could have a cool pitcher of iced tea (or lemonade (or cool drink of your choice)) pre-made so that you wouldn't have to suffer in the heat during these hot, humid days you'd be installing it. If not, you'd just have to suffer in the heat with the rest of us. :D

Well, ma'am, that's right nice of ya to offer that up, but us lonely Maytag coolermen suffer in the heat outside just to get you the coolin' ya need, and when we're done, all we can do is flip the switch on, and off we go, into the heat of the day to the next call in our un-airconditioned vans.

Alas, the cobbler has no shoes.....

<><

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
~Personally for Jenda~

I couldn't get the photograph that I promised, but here's a good substitute....

A view from the Mount of the Beautitudes overlooking Sower's Cove... the traditional place of the Sermon on the Mount, about 3-4 miles from Capernaum. At Sower's Cove, the acoustics are so "near perfect" that one may speak in a normal tone of voice from sea level and the voice will carry to the top of the hill. This is how Christ could speak from the boat on the Sea of Galilee to the crowds, or how he could deliver the Sermon on the Mount to thousands of people at one time.

To read about "Sower's Cove"...

http://www.ancientsandals.com/overviews/sowers_cove.htm

~serapha~

Attachments

• sowers cove.JPG
    sowers cove.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A New Dawn

Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I went to a chiropractor today (for the first time in my life) for a problem I have been having in my neck that radiates down through my right shoulder and into my right arm. (The reason I went is because it prevents me from sitting at the computer (comfortably) all day. :D )

I went with a lot of trepidation because I have heard horror stories about chiropractors, and was totally blown away by my visit.

Of course, he (the chiropractor) took my health history, and asked what the problem is, so I explained it to him. I had x-rays taken, and then he did what a chiropractor does (I guess). But he was very gentle. I was expecting not to be able to walk when I got up. LOL.

What surprised me was who he was, not just what he was. He is one of the kindest, gentlest souls I have ever met. And at the end, he said a prayer for healing. (And I found out he is the pastor of a church in the area.)

It was a morning I did not expect, but was very glad to experience. :angel:

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jenda said:
Thanks for sharing, Serapha. I hope to hear more over the next few weeks/months. And thanks for the picture. It looks completely different than what I expected.

Jenda

Hi there!

:wave:

I suspect that you were expecting "desert" instead of a beautiful green valley...

Here's desert for you... down by Qumran.

If you look at the "lacey" design on the first thumbprint, that pattern is seen all over the sides of mountains and hills in the desert... it is the path that the sheep make in crossing the steep grades on the hills as they eat the grass down to the roots. The patterns show that the sheep can go where the shepherd cannot... a good subject for a sermon. :D

~serapha~

Attachments

• bedouins south of Jerusalem.JPG
    bedouins south of Jerusalem.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 126
  • sheep's lace.JPG
    sheep's lace.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
:D

We see Israel in different ways... you imagine Israel as being desert as near Jericho or Qumran... but remember... in ancient times, the area around Jericho was heavily wooded, and because of deforestation, it is now desert.

I see Israel in relation to rocks... while most people see antiquities as one stone wall looks just like another... or one rock pile looks just like another... but there's more to it than that.

~serapha~

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Serapha said:
:D

We see Israel in different ways... you imagine Israel as being desert as near Jericho or Qumran... but remember... in ancient times, the area around Jericho was heavily wooded, and because of deforestation, it is now desert.

I see Israel in relation to rocks... while most people see antiquities as one stone wall looks just like another... or one rock pile looks just like another... but there's more to it than that.

~serapha~
That must be the archeologist in you speaking. :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A New Dawn

Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
My daughter takes cello lessons and tonight was her recital. All the kids her instructor teaches played the pieces they learned during the last year. The piece my daughter played was Allegro from Concerto in C major by J. Hayden.

This is the piece she played (it is obviously not her playing here. ;) )

And here she is playing it.
Cellorecital.jpg

She was, ultimately, the best player tonight, and several came up to her and told her that she should consider going professional with the cello.

Can you tell I'm a proud mama? :clap:

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Serapha said:
Hi there!

:wave:

I suspect that you were expecting "desert" instead of a beautiful green valley...

Here's desert for you... down by Qumran.

If you look at the "lacey" design on the first thumbprint, that pattern is seen all over the sides of mountains and hills in the desert... it is the path that the sheep make in crossing the steep grades on the hills as they eat the grass down to the roots. The patterns show that the sheep can go where the shepherd cannot... a good subject for a sermon. :D

~serapha~

Just wanted to let you know I used your two pictures this past Sunday in Bible study. I'm teaching through the O.T. finished Deuteronomy. The pics fit right in. This is exactly how the Israelites lived.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jenda said:
My daughter takes cello lessons and tonight was her recital. All the kids her instructor teaches played the pieces they learned during the last year. The piece my daughter played was Allegro from Concerto in C major by J. Hayden.

This is the piece she played (it is obviously not her playing here. ;) )

And here she is playing it.
Cellorecital.jpg

She was, ultimately, the best player tonight, and several came up to her and told her that she should consider going professional with the cello.

Can you tell I'm a proud mama? :clap:

Hooahh! OBTW that is a good thing.

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Der Alter said:
Hooahh! OBTW that is a good thing.
Thanks, Der Alter! :thumbsup:

There is another girl who is two years older than my daughter, and has been playing the cello for 3 years longer than my daughter who played, and actually plays better than my daughter, but it was unfortunate that she lost her place in her music and so lost a few bars in her piece. The other girl plays extremely well and I am confident that my daughter will play as well in the future. :)

(But I am not biased. :blush: )

Upvote 0