MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is speculation but with the understanding that God doesn't do anything in vain, so it has to have a purpose.
Yes, it would have to have a purpose if that was going to happen. I happen to believe the purpose you came up with makes no sense.

Actually it's not that Satan is more powerful, it's that Man is so fallible. It is a duplication of the first sin that is the last sin.
Before Satan entered the Garden and provided an alternative viewpoint to God's viewpoint, Man obeyed God. Satan came in Genesis 3, and offered an alternative to obeying God, and mankind in their fallibility, accepted the alternative.
the Millennial Kingdom is living without that alternative for 1000 years, the alternative is provided again one last time, to show that there really is no alternative. Some people need that final shock, because we have things that we'd like that God does not want us to have, and we'd think we'd be happier with them.
It seems to me that Jesus being on the earth in all His glory (have you really even thought about what that means?) while ruling over a peaceful earth (who wouldn't love that?) would have very little effect on people. I don't believe that makes any sense. It seems to me that this scenario would appeal greatly to most people and they would not want anything to change after that. I think 1000 years of living in that scenario would be more than enough to convince them that nothing could be better.

Because we're weak and have less than mustard seed sized faith.
again
even Jesus asked His Father "is there any other way?"
That's without Jesus being with us in all His glory. That's a totally different situation than what we're talking about.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it would have to have a purpose if that was going to happen. I happen to believe the purpose you came up with makes no sense.

It seems to me that Jesus being on the earth in all His glory (have you really even thought about what that means?) while ruling over a peaceful earth (who wouldn't love that?) would have very little effect on people. I don't believe that makes any sense. It seems to me that this scenario would appeal greatly to most people and they would not want anything to change after that. I think 1000 years of living in that scenario would be more than enough to convince them that nothing could be better.

That's without Jesus being with us in all His glory. That's a totally different situation than what we're talking about.

For some of us, glory is meaningless.
Glory is about the last thing I could ever desire, it's like wealth. Something that other people might desire but I really don't care about it at all.
It's something I don't have but don't feel like I lack regardless.
In fact, that's part of my despair as a Christian, that the emphasis in heaven is on glory and symbols of wealth and authority.
All things that I have no desire for.
I have desires for peace, for justice, for love, and for knowledge.
those are the things that appeal to me,
not glory.

Upvote 0

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Titus 2
11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all people, 12 instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously, and in a godly manner in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, 14 who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, eager for good deeds.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem to have this mistaken notion that Peter was saying that one thousand years to God are equivalent to one 24 hour day

I have discussed this with you several times already. Why are still misrepresenting that that is what I'm concluding when I already made it clear that this has zero to do with a 24 hour day? The day in question doesn't involve 24 hours, it involves 1000 years. There is no logic, not even to God, though He is outside of time, that 24 hours are meant by the day in question, that a 24 hour day somehow consists of 1000 years. Explain how it could. 24 hours means 24 hours, not only to us but also to God. A thousand years means a thousand years to us, well except to Amils I guess, and so does it mean that to God. A 24 hour day consists of an era of time involving 24 hours. A 1000 year day consists of an era of time as well, but not involving 24 hours, but involving a thousand years.

In verses 7-10 that I submitted, the main subject is a day of judgment. In verse 9 we are informed as to why this judgment still hasn't take place yet though it is inevitable that it will take place eventually. Is one of the reasons it hasn't taken place yet, because the Lord is outside of time? I don't see it saying nor hinting that in verse 9. When Noah's flood happened, the Lord was outside of time during that event as well. It didn't prevent God from having the flood take place exactly when He planned for it to right on schedule

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

This same day and hour which no man knoweth, has to be meaning this same day of the Lord mentioned in 2 Peter 3, though some deny that, but I don't think you do though, so not including you here. If the Father is the only one that knows when this day and hour is, He already has a day and hour picked out when this will happen. The question is, when that day and hour happens, how much time will it involve? 24 hours or less? Or what 2 Peter 3:8 indicates?

If it is 24 hours or less then we have to assume certain events are also only going to involve 24 hours or less, which seems rather ludicrous to me, but probably not to you, though I have to wonder why not---such as the following, for one example---That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel(Luke 22:30). It really makes great sense that they are only rewarded those things for a very brief time, 24 hours or less. This kind of thinking has to be rejected since it makes nonsense out of the text, that Luke 22:30 only involves 24 hours or less.

If Amil is the correct position why can't a passage like Luke 22:30 work with that position? We have at least 3 options concerning that verse since it obviously can't get fulfilled until the 2nd coming happens first. Either it's meaning forever, that forever it will be like that. In that case it can fit Amil. Or it's meaning that it will only be like this for 24 hours or less, which then makes nonsense out of the text, as in why even bother if that is all the length of time this reward involves. Or the last option is, it's not meaning forever nor 24 hours or less. What era of time could possibly fit that? None? How about the thousand years?

Upvote 0

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

This same day and hour which no man knoweth, has to be meaning this same day of the Lord mentioned in 2 Peter 3, though some deny that, but I don't think you do though, so not including you here. If the Father is the only one that knows when this day and hour is, He already has a day and hour picked out when this will happen.

The question is, when that day and hour happens, how much time will it involve? 24 hours or less? Or what 2 Peter 3:8 indicates?

It has to do with the appearing of the Lord in all his glory. His reward is with him and this reward is realized in a twinkling of an eye whether good or Bad.
See my last post to you.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's look at some of the text involved in order to see if that might be so or not.

2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

The first thing to note, it was after verse 7 when Peter then submitted verse 8. Why then would verse 8 have zero to do with what he said in verse 7? Is not verse 7 talking about a day of judgment? Is not verse 8 also talking about a day, that a day involves a thousand years? And is not the day of the Lord in verse 10 meaning the same day of judgment meant in verse 7? Putting 2 and 2 together then, it does seem like the point in verse 8 is that the day of judgment will be involving an era of time rather than a single 24 hour day or less. There is no rhyme or reason for verse 8 to be in this chapter unless it is relating to the day of judgment meant. To act as if the point involving verse 8 is that the Lord is outside of time makes no sense in this particular context. What does that have to do with anything, that the Lord is outside of time? What exactly is that supposed to prove per this particular context?

No. The first thing to note is: this is the end! This is the removal of corruption from creation. This is the end of the world. This is the end of time. This is the end of the wicked. You will never force a thousand years into this because it doesn't exist here. This is one of a thousand verses that forbids Premil. I suspect you know it by your spiritualizing away of the climactic detail.

Creation will be finally purged of wickedness, all the wicked, rebellion and all degeneration forever when Jesus comes. If the remedy for the corruption of the old heavens and earth is the introduction of a brand-new perfect heavens and earth then we are looking at an all-consummating reference to the destruction of the current globe and the existing heavens. The old arrangement that is marked by sin and insurrection is indeed regenerated by fire and the curse is removed. The old arrangement that is marked by sin, death and decay is indeed regenerated by fire (as Peter said) and changed to a new glorified perfect arrangement “wherein dwelleth righteousness.” This allows no room for the continuation of unrighteousness or corruption, as you insist. Such is totally eliminated through the conflagration.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have discussed this with you several times already. Why are still misrepresenting that that is what I'm concluding when I already made it clear that this has zero to do with a 24 hour day? The day in question doesn't involve 24 hours, it involves 1000 years. There is no logic, not even to God, though He is outside of time, that 24 hours are meant by the day in question, that a 24 hour day somehow consists of 1000 years. Explain how it could. 24 hours means 24 hours, not only to us but also to God. A thousand years means a thousand years to us, well except to Amils I guess, and so does it mean that to God. A 24 hour day consists of an era of time involving 24 hours. A 1000 year day consists of an era of time as well, but not involving 24 hours, but involving a thousand years.

In verses 7-10 that I submitted, the main subject is a day of judgment. In verse 9 we are informed as to why this judgment still hasn't take place yet though it is inevitable that it will take place eventually. Is one of the reasons it hasn't taken place yet, because the Lord is outside of time? I don't see it saying nor hinting that in verse 9. When Noah's flood happened, the Lord was outside of time during that event as well. It didn't prevent God from having the flood take place exactly when He planned for it to right on schedule

This same day and hour which no man knoweth, has to be meaning this same day of the Lord mentioned in 2 Peter 3, though some deny that, but I don't think you do though, so not including you here. If the Father is the only one that knows when this day and hour is, He already has a day and hour picked out when this will happen. The question is, when that day and hour happens, how much time will it involve? 24 hours or less? Or what 2 Peter 3:8 indicates?

If it is 24 hours or less then we have to assume certain events are also only going to involve 24 hours or less, which seems rather ludicrous to me, but probably not to you, though I have to wonder why not---such as the following, for one example---That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel(Luke 22:30). It really makes great sense that they are only rewarded those things for a very brief time, 24 hours or less. This kind of thinking has to be rejected since it makes nonsense out of the text, that Luke 22:30 only involves 24 hours or less.

If Amil is the correct position why can't a passage like Luke 22:30 work with that position? We have at least 3 options concerning that verse since it obviously can't get fulfilled until the 2nd coming happens first. Either it's meaning forever, that forever it will be like that. In that case it can fit Amil. Or it's meaning that it will only be like this for 24 hours or less, which then makes nonsense out of the text, as in why even bother if that is all the length of time this reward involves. Or the last option is, it's not meaning forever nor 24 hours or less. What era of time could possibly fit that? None? How about the thousand years?

There is a reason why Amillennialists do not take the thousand years literally!

Moses employs `a thousand' in Deuteronomy 7:9 saying, "Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations."

Is this a literal or figurative thousand?

1 Chronicles 16:13-17 also states, "O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones. He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth. Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations; Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac; And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant."

A thousand and ten thousand are used together in Psalm 91, saying, "Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee" (vv 5-7).

A similar contrast between these two numbers or ideas is seen in Deuteronomy 32:30, where a rhetorical question is asked, "How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the Lord had shut them up?"

Joshua affirms, on the same vein, in chapter 23, "One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you" (v 10).

Isaiah the prophet similarly declares in Isaiah 30:17, "one thousand shall flee at the rebuke of one."

This incidentally is the only passage in Scripture that makes mention of the actual number "one thousand," albeit, the term is used to impress a spiritual truth.

Psalm 84:9-10 says, "Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed. For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness."

The figure a thousand is also employed in Psalm 50:10-11 saying, "For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine."

Ecclesiastes 7:27-28 succinctly says, "one man among a thousand have I found."

In the same vein, Job 33:23 declares, "If there be a messenger with him, an interpreter, one among a thousand, to shew unto man his uprightness."

The distinct contrast between one and a thousand is again found in Job 9:2-3, where Job declares, "I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God? If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand."

The same idea is intended in Isaiah 60:21-22, where the prophet instructs, in relation to the New Earth, "Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the Lord will hasten it in his time."

Amos 5:1-4 says, "The virgin of Israel is fallen; she shall no more rise: she is forsaken upon her land; there is none to raise her up. For thus saith the Lord GOD; The city that went out by a thousand shall leave an hundred, and that which went forth by an hundred shall leave ten, to the house of Israel."

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It has to do with the appearing of the Lord in all his glory. His reward is with him and this reward is realized in a twinkling of an eye whether good or Bad.
See my last post to you.

Though some events might happen in the twinkling of an eye that doesn't mean all events also happen in the twinkling of an eye. One can't apply that to other events as well unless we are clearly told that via the texts themselves, that these other events also happen in a twinkling of an eye. We are obviously never told that, not one single time.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What are you talking about?

1 Corinthians 6:2-3 says, Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?”

Scripture clearly shows us that “the saints will judge the world” and “shall judge angels.” In short, the righteous judge the wicked through their spiritual standing “in Christ.” As “joint-heirs” with the Savior (Romans 8:18), we stand with Him in the judgment. This is a very privileged position.

When does this happen?

When Jesus comes in His glory. Jesus said, in Matthew 19:28, “Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.”

This fits in with countless passages in Holy Writ that demonstrate that judgment day is an event that occurs on the last day, where the righteous are rewarded and the wicked are banished to the lake of fire. We do not need to import anything else into these. For you to do otherwise is to depict your millennium as one ongoing judgment of natural Israel. This is the opposite to classic Premil that elevates Israel to a favor place in their millennium and shows them restoring their whole old covenant apparatus in the presence of Jesus.

This passage locates “the regeneration” at the second coming “when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory.” Here, they will be judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

I don’t believe this is talking about twelve literal stone judgment seats; it is simply referring to the authority that will be exercised by the redeemed when He appears. Unbelieving Israel will be judged by the redeemed saints of all nations – they are “the regeneration” that join Him “when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory” to judge the nations. Israel is shown to be judged at the second coming. Like every other Christ-rejecting nation, they will be cast into the lake of fire. Only those that love Christ will be saved. This is therefore an allusion to the general judgment which occurs at Christ's coming. The elect will judge the Christ rejecting nations and the twelve tribes of Israel that have rejected Christ since His earthly ministry. This passage is simply identifying the group of people that will “sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel” – namely “ye which have followed me, in the regeneration.” This regeneration refers to those who have been changed into Christ's image. This is evidently talking about the elect of all time. It is the elect (both Jew and Gentile) that will judge Christ-rejecting Israel. A future earthly millennial kingdom is not remotely mentioned in this reading.

Barnes in his commentary says re the "regeneration," “the word also means any great change, or a restoration of things to a former state or to a better state. In this sense it is probably used here. It refers to that great revolution-that restoration of order in the universe-that universal new birth which will occur when the dead shall rise, and all human things shall be changed, and a new order of things shall start up out of the ruins of the old, when the Son of man shall come to judgment. The passage, then, should be read, "Ye which have followed me shall, as a reward in the great day of the resurrection of the dead, and of forming the new and eternal order of things-the day of judgment, the regeneration-be signally honored and blessed.”

John Gill writes: “this new dispensation is called the regeneration, and which more manifestly took place after our Lord's resurrection, and ascension, and the pouring down of the Spirit; wherefore the phrase may be connected with the following words, when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory in the regeneration; not in the resurrection of the dead, or at the last judgment, but in this new state of things, which now began to appear with another face: for the apostles having a new commission to preach the Gospel to all the world; and being endued with power from on high for such service, in a short time went every where preaching the word, with great success. Gentiles were converted, as well as Jews, and both brought into a Gospel church state.”

Jesus said, in Luke 22:29-30: “I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.”

Luke 22:29-30 is not denoting any particular order but simply two realities that happen when Jesus comes. It is simply reinforcing the fact that we are going to carry authority in the age to come and will enjoy sweet fellowship forever. Again, there is no millennium mentioned or inferred here. You force that into the text.

The righteous witness of the elect will testify against the ungodly on the last day. No one will be without excuse.

The resurrection/judgment are tied together. It obviously takes one to allow the other. For there to be one general judgment then Scripture must also teach one general resurrection. This I believe Scripture does in several places.

I believe there is one physical resurrection day that sees one all-encompassing raising of mankind. However, within that one resurrection there are two distinct categories of rising embodied: (1) unto “life,” and (2) unto “damnation.” Notwithstanding, there is an undoubted order to the general resurrection; the dead in Christ will rise first, etc.

It is at this great concluding event that both the righteous and the wicked will be raised to face the great final judgment. Notwithstanding, there are two aspects to the one all-consummating resurrection day.

Jesus said in Matthew 12:41-42, “The men of Nineveh shall rise [Gr. anistemi Strong’s 450] in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here. The queen of the south shall rise up [Gr. egeiro Strong’s 1453] in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.”

The righteous Old Testament Gentile saint – the queen of the south – is raised at the same time as the wicked Pharisees of Christ’s day to stand before the same judgment seat of Christ.

This is further impressed in the parallel portion in Luke 11:31, only with an additional example, saying, “The queen of the south shall rise up [Gr. egeiro Strong’s 1453] in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here. The men of Nineveh shall rise up [Gr. anistemi Strong’s 450] in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.”

Here, the two main words used throughout the New Testament for resurrection are applied to the general resurrection that occurs on Judgment Day when the Old Testament time saints and wicked join the New Testament saints and wicked at the judgment. Remember the queen of the south and Nineveh are presented as Old Testament Gentile saints that will “rise up in the judgment with” the wicked unbelieving Jews of Christ’s day. There is no prolonged parenthesis period separating the resurrection of the wicked dead and the resurrection of the righteous dead. They both “rise up” at the same time. The Old Testament Gentile city of Nineveh is shown to “rise up in the judgment with” (or meta) the religious Jewish world of Christ’s day and “condemn it.” The Greek word meta (3326) is described in Strong’s concordance as “a primary preposition (often used adverbially); properly, denoting accompaniment; ‘amid’.”

Reactions: jeffweedaman
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Though some events might happen in the twinkling of an eye that doesn't mean all events also happen in the twinkling of an eye. One can't apply that to other events as well unless we are clearly told that via the texts themselves, that these other events also happen in a twinkling of an eye. We are obviously never told that, not one single time.

The difficulty with your position is forcing your so-called future millennium + Satan's little season into countless passages where it isn't mentioned and doesn't belong. You will never be able to do that. It may satisfy the Premil choir but never objective Bible-believing Amils. That is called adding unto Scripture. That is what error produces. You need to stop fighting with the sacred text and embrace what the Bible is saying: the second coming is the end!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Not only does 2Thess 1 allude to that but also chapter2...,

. 8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.

They perish as a consequence of his glorious appearing and are judged.

11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is speculation but with the understanding that God doesn't do anything in vain, so it has to have a purpose.

Actually it's not that Satan is more powerful, it's that Man is so fallible. It is a duplication of the first sin that is the last sin.
Before Satan entered the Garden and provided an alternative viewpoint to God's viewpoint, Man obeyed God. Satan came in Genesis 3, and offered an alternative to obeying God, and mankind in their fallibility, accepted the alternative.
the Millennial Kingdom is living without that alternative for 1000 years, the alternative is provided again one last time, to show that there really is no alternative. Some people need that final shock, because we have things that we'd like that God does not want us to have, and we'd think we'd be happier with them.

Because we're weak and have less than mustard seed sized faith.
again
even Jesus asked His Father "is there any other way?"

This is all private opinion. There is a lack of Scripture. This is a common pattern in Premil posts.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not only does 2Thess 1 allude to that but also chapter2...,

. 8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.

They perish as a consequence of his glorious appearing and are judged.

11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

I've been asking this for years: who are the real literalists? It is definitely not the Premillennialist! They explain away the obvious plain simple straightforward reading of the inspired pages.

• Agree
Reactions: Spiritual Jew
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
honestly though amills
how do you get around those 2 pieces of scripture I keep going back to.
2 Corinthians 4:4, and 1 Peter 5:8

Both of these verses completely refute any claim that we are in the millennial kingdom now.

Whether they mean to or not, Premillennialists constantly portray the image of a big strong undefeatable devil in conflict with a small ineffective impotent God in this life. Premils make Satan look like he is sovereign since the cross and Christ appear as if He didn't defeat / disarm Satan at the cross. They ignore the glorious fact that Christ now sits victorious upon the eternal throne, as his enemies are made His footstool. In doing so, they essentially dethrone Christ as Sovereign Lord and enthrone Satan in his place, in a position that he doesn’t (or can’t) remotely hold. They seem to delight in selectively advancing devil-elevating-statements in Scripture, to the ignoring of the surrounding verses and/or the context of the reading. They tend to skip over the broad wording of each passage and the meaning contained therein in order to preserve the Premil theory.

This comes especially to the fore in their reasoning in relation to Revelation 20 and specifically their justification of why Satan is not or cannot in any way be spiritually bound in this present age (which precedes “the age to come”). They constantly speak of the power, authority and influence of the devil and how he “as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour” (1 Peter 5:8), yet, they fail to complete the teaching of the passage or grasp the expressed limits of his movement and how (since the cross), his territory has been massively invaded by the kingdom of God and its intrinsic militant Church. The very next verse 1 Peter 5:9 affirms, whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.”

By resisting Satan and staying steadfast we have enormous individual impact upon the kingdom of darkness; we curtail the expansion of his evil designs. This was powerfully manifested at the time of our conversion when the grip of Satan was immediately released. The claim he had upon our lives was instantly annulled and the control he brought to bare within us was immediately broke. The chains that brutally ensnared us fell off and the bondage Satan bound us with was lifted. Significantly, what is true of the individual is also true of the collective. When the Gospel penetrates into a community, city or a nation the same effect is wrought. We destroy Satan’s power, influence and delusion as we present “the glorious Gospel of Christ” through the nations. Satan cannot resist the victorious global spread of the Gospel. Through the work of the cross and in the power of the Holy Spirit, the Church clearly possesses the power to bind the devil’s activity and influence, or why would God in any way instruct His people to “resist stedfast” that great foe?

We must be very careful not to excessively concentrate upon the power of Satan over the Sovereign power of God. Whether they mean to or not Premillennialist constantly depict the image of a big strong undefeatable devil and a small ineffective impotent God. This comes especially to the fore in their reasoning in relation to Revelation 20 and specifically their justification why Satan is not or cannot be spiritually bound in this present age, which precedes “the age to come.” They constantly speak of the power, authority and influence of the devil, yet, they fail to grasp the limits of his movement and how, since the cross, his territory has been massively invaded by the kingdom of God and its intrinsic militant Church.

Scripture depicts the ungodly as spiritually “blind” (Matthew 13:13, 15-16 & 2 Corinthians 4:4). Deception and spiritual blindness are synonymous in Scripture. This was the state of the Gentiles before the cross. The deception before Calvary was wholesale on the Gentile nations with a few rare exceptions. Today that veil is lifted. Before the cross the Gentiles were ignorant unto the truth. They were deceived. They were spiritual blind walking in darkness. Through the cross-work Satan cannot blind people to the truth anymore.

With the global spread of Gospel truth, the Gentiles have been given the opportunity to enter into a covenant relationship on equal terms as Israelites had under in the old covenant. Satan cannot stop Gentiles coming to Christ. He doesn’t have that power any more.

Upvote 0

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been asking this for years: who are the real literalists? It is definitely not the Premillennialist! They explain away the obvious plain simple straightforward reading of the inspired pages.

I am confident that this simple approach is what people believed before Rev 20 came along and complicated that simple straightforward belief.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This is all private opinion. There is a lack of Scripture. This is a common pattern in Premil posts.

It's private opinion that Jesus prayed for an alternative at Gethesemane?
Matthew 26:38-39
38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

It's private opinion that the first sin was disobeying God and listening to Satan's alternative, and that the last sin will be rebelling with Satan?
Genesis 3:4-6
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
Revelation 20:7-8
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

The only thing that is speculation is "why?"

and for a lot of God's plans, we do not understand "why?" and will not understand "why?" and can only speculate.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Whether they mean to or not, Premillennialists constantly portray the image of a big strong undefeatable devil in conflict with a small ineffective impotent God in this life. Premils make Satan look like he is sovereign since the cross and Christ appear as if He didn't defeat / disarm Satan at the cross. They ignore the glorious fact that Christ now sits victorious upon the eternal throne, as his enemies are made His footstool. In doing so, they essentially dethrone Christ as Sovereign Lord and enthrone Satan in his place, in a position that he doesn’t (or can’t) remotely hold. They seem to delight in selectively advancing devil-elevating-statements in Scripture, to the ignoring of the surrounding verses and/or the context of the reading. They tend to skip over the broad wording of each passage and the meaning contained therein in order to preserve the Premil theory.

This comes especially to the fore in their reasoning in relation to Revelation 20 and specifically their justification of why Satan is not or cannot in any way be spiritually bound in this present age (which precedes “the age to come”). They constantly speak of the power, authority and influence of the devil and how he “as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour” (1 Peter 5:8), yet, they fail to complete the teaching of the passage or grasp the expressed limits of his movement and how (since the cross), his territory has been massively invaded by the kingdom of God and its intrinsic militant Church. The very next verse 1 Peter 5:9 affirms, whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.”

By resisting Satan and staying steadfast we have enormous individual impact upon the kingdom of darkness; we curtail the expansion of his evil designs. This was powerfully manifested at the time of our conversion when the grip of Satan was immediately released. The claim he had upon our lives was instantly annulled and the control he brought to bare within us was immediately broke. The chains that brutally ensnared us fell off and the bondage Satan bound us with was lifted. Significantly, what is true of the individual is also true of the collective. When the Gospel penetrates into a community, city or a nation the same effect is wrought. We destroy Satan’s power, influence and delusion as we present “the glorious Gospel of Christ” through the nations. Satan cannot resist the victorious global spread of the Gospel. Through the work of the cross and in the power of the Holy Spirit, the Church clearly possesses the power to bind the devil’s activity and influence, or why would God in any way instruct His people to “resist stedfast” that great foe?

We must be very careful not to excessively concentrate upon the power of Satan over the Sovereign power of God. Whether they mean to or not Premillennialist constantly depict the image of a big strong undefeatable devil and a small ineffective impotent God. This comes especially to the fore in their reasoning in relation to Revelation 20 and specifically their justification why Satan is not or cannot be spiritually bound in this present age, which precedes “the age to come.” They constantly speak of the power, authority and influence of the devil, yet, they fail to grasp the limits of his movement and how, since the cross, his territory has been massively invaded by the kingdom of God and its intrinsic militant Church.

Scripture depicts the ungodly as spiritually “blind” (Matthew 13:13, 15-16 & 2 Corinthians 4:4). Deception and spiritual blindness are synonymous in Scripture. This was the state of the Gentiles before the cross. The deception before Calvary was wholesale on the Gentile nations with a few rare exceptions. Today that veil is lifted. Before the cross the Gentiles were ignorant unto the truth. They were deceived. They were spiritual blind walking in darkness. Through the cross-work Satan cannot blind people to the truth anymore.

With the global spread of Gospel truth, the Gentiles have been given the opportunity to enter into a covenant relationship on equal terms as Israelites had under in the old covenant. Satan cannot stop Gentiles coming to Christ. He doesn’t have that power any more.

Satan is not undefeatable.
but Satan is not currently in the lake of fire
so Satan is not defeated yet

We know he will be defeated
but the difference is, you see things like a preterist, that the defeat already happened and we're already living in the MK, like a preterist thinks we already live on the new earth......
despite the disconnect from reality that that viewpoint poses.
why is the world getting worse and worse?
why is the greatest deception by Satan the fastest growing religion in the world?
Why are Afghani Christians currently being beheaded by Satan inspired muslims?

Upvote 0

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's private opinion that the first sin was disobeying God and listening to Satan's alternative, and that the last sin will be rebelling with Satan?

God spoke in the Garden and was ignored.
Jesus has already spoken and those who ignore him will be judged the last day.

Jn 12
46 I have come as Light into the world, so that no one who believes in Me will remain in darkness. 47 If anyone hears My teachings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 The one who rejects Me and does not accept My teachings has one who judges him: the word which I spoke. That will judge him on the last day.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's private opinion that Jesus prayed for an alternative at Gethesemane?
Matthew 26:38-39

Revelation 20:7-8

The only thing that is speculation is "why?"

and for a lot of God's plans, we do not understand "why?" and will not understand "why?" and can only speculate.

I do not have one clue what you're talking about. This is as clear as mud.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satan is not undefeatable.
but Satan is not currently in the lake of fire
so Satan is not defeated yet

We know he will be defeated
but the difference is, you see things like a preterist, that the defeat already happened and we're already living in the MK, like a preterist thinks we already live on the new earth......
despite the disconnect from reality that that viewpoint poses.
why is the world getting worse and worse?
why is the greatest deception by Satan the fastest growing religion in the world?
Why are Afghani Christians currently being beheaded by Satan inspired muslims?

Satan held the power of death until sin was fully and finally paid for at the cross and the grave was defeated 3 days later. He also held a legitimate seat of accusation before the life, death and resurrection of Christ. Through Christ's victorious ministry Satan was stripped of his power and authority. As a result, he was banished from heaven. His charges carried no authority anymore because man's debt was paid in full. Since his casting down to the earth he has to point the finger direct at the elect (and hope they receive the false charges). God will not hear these accusations. The blood has covered all our sin - forever.

Satan has lost his previous ability to point the finger at God's people before the throne of God that Adam gave him. That position is gone forever. The blood of Jesus now pleads our cause. Sin and death is now defeated! The grave is defeated! The devil is a defeated foe! Satan is banished from heaven after Christ ascended to the throne. Scripture shows the casting out of Satan with the resulting / accompanying enlightenment of the nations with salvation.

In John 12:31-33 Christ predicted, shortly before He defeated the power of Satan at the cross, “now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Here was the time of his casting down - after the cross. Here was the time of the unblinding of the nations (the Gentiles). Here Christ gloriously dethroned Satan from his previous, largely unchallenged, global earthly rule and his place of accusation in heaven. Satan’s movement, liberties and sway on earth and in heaven received a severe blow.

Revelation 12:5-11 says: "And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne. And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

Satan's defeat came after the resurrection. See the blue highlight. Here is when he got his eviction notice, and here is "when" salvation came to the "whole world" - not just one nation Israel. The deception enveloping the Gentiles was lifted - praise God. They are now without excuse, just like those in the OT that rejected salvation. Salvation has now come to the nations. But Satan had to first be cast down. He had to be defeated. Christ’s life, death and resurrection safely secured that. As a result the Church becomes a militant overcoming organism.

Revelation 12:5-11 and Revelation 20 describe the overthrow of Satan after the resurrection. The casting of Satan and his minions out of heaven toward earth John 12:31-33 and Revelation 12:5-11 correlates with him being cast into the abyss (Jude 6, 2 Peter 2:4, Revelation 9 and Revelation 20). The abyss is a place of restraint.

Revelation 20:1-7 parallels Revelation 12: "And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison."

This is the authority He secured through His resurrection. He cast Satan out of heaven and then restrained him with spiritual chains so that the Gospel could enlighten the nations. Satan's defeat came after the resurrection. See the blue highlight.

Upvote 0