✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello

It is not what Jesus the Apostles Saints and Early church Fathers (pre 150 AD) Taught.

Do not really need a better reason than that.

You will be amazed how they can interpret scripture to claim otherwise.

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
As an individual studier of the Bible and as one who has never been exposed to mans teachings and doctrines, I had never heard of the AMill theory until recently, on this forum.
I simply cannot see how the idea that we are in the Millennium now has any substance or support whatsoever. It directly contradicts many scriptures.
Events to unfold will soon show how wrong AMill and many other theories, like the 'rapture to heaven', are. I just pray that those Christians who have been deceived with such false teachings, will still be able to stand firm thru all that must happen.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
As an individual studier of the Bible and as one who has never been exposed to mans teachings and doctrines, I had never heard of the AMill theory until recently, on this forum.
I simply cannot see how the idea that we are in the Millennium now has any substance or support whatsoever. It directly contradicts many scriptures.
Events to unfold will soon show how wrong AMill and many other theories, like the 'rapture to heaven', are. I just pray that those Christians who have been deceived with such false teachings, will still be able to stand firm thru all that must happen.
Amillennialism is the traditional theory held by the Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox Christian Churches and the like.
I find it interesting that you have never heard of it.
I also find it interesting that you find it a false teaching.
It is not clear cut and just black/white thinking.
The book of revelation is not just preterism, futurism, historicism, or idealism but all four at the same time.
Just like Amillennialism: it is not clear cut or black/white. There are is variety of thinking within Amillennialism.

Upvote 0

oliverab

Sep 6, 2021
belfast
✟16,125.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Amillennialism is the traditional theory held by the Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox Christian Churches and the like.
I find it interesting that you have never heard of it.
It is not clear cut and just black/white thinking.
The book of revelation is not just preterism, futurism, historicism, or idealism but all four at the same time.
Just like Amillennialism: it is not clear cut or black/white. There are is variety of thinking within Amillennialism.
never studied the bible would like to where would i start?

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello

It is not what Jesus the Apostles Saints and Early church Fathers (pre 150 AD) Taught.

Jesus and the Apostles taught Amillennialism. But only the born again can see the Kingdom. The Pharisees created Premillennialism and still look for the Kingdom they altogether missed. Please consider the gospel of the Kingdom.

Daniel said; “And in the days of these kings [Old Roman Empire] shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.” Daniel 2:44 (NCPB)

“And [Jesus] saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 3:2) (KJV 1900)

“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” (Matthew 11:12) (KJV 1900)

“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28) (KJV 1900)

“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” (1 Corinthians 15:50)

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) (KJV 1900)

“Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5)

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.” (John 18:36) (KJV 1900)

“And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:” (Luke 17:20) (KJV 1900)

“Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21) (KJV 1900)

“But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20)

“The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.” Luke 16:16 (KJV 1900)

“because we are not looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

“Now when the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus performed, they began to say to one another, “This is certainly the Prophet who is to come into the world.” Then Jesus, because he knew they were going to come and seize him by force to make him king, withdrew again up the mountainside alone.” (John 6:14–15)

“He delivered us from the power of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves,” (Colossians 1:13)

“When Jesus saw that he answered intelligently, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And no one dared to question Him any longer.” (Mark 12:34) (HCSB)

“for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 14:17) (HCSB)

“I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.” Revelation 1:9 (NASB95)

“But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.” Acts 8:12 (KJV 1900)

“That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.” 1 Thessalonians 2:12 (KJV 1900)

“And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.” Acts 19:8 (KJV 1900)

“And when thy days [David] be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.” 2 Samuel 7:12–13 (KJV 1900)

“who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son,” Colossians 1:13 (NCPB)

“For the kingdom is the LORD’s: and he is the governor among the nations.” Psalm 22:28 (NCPB)

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Jesus and the Apostles taught Amillennialism. But only the born again can see the Kingdom. The Pharisees created Premillennialism and still look for the Kingdom they altogether missed. Please consider the gospel of the Kingdom.

Daniel said; “And in the days of these kings [Old Roman Empire] shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.” Daniel 2:44 (NCPB)

“And [Jesus] saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 3:2) (KJV 1900)

“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” (Matthew 11:12) (KJV 1900)

“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28) (KJV 1900)

“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” (1 Corinthians 15:50)

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) (KJV 1900)

“Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5)

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.” (John 18:36) (KJV 1900)

“And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:” (Luke 17:20) (KJV 1900)

“Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21) (KJV 1900)

“But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20)

“The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.” Luke 16:16 (KJV 1900)

“because we are not looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

“Now when the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus performed, they began to say to one another, “This is certainly the Prophet who is to come into the world.” Then Jesus, because he knew they were going to come and seize him by force to make him king, withdrew again up the mountainside alone.” (John 6:14–15)

“He delivered us from the power of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves,” (Colossians 1:13)

“When Jesus saw that he answered intelligently, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And no one dared to question Him any longer.” (Mark 12:34) (HCSB)

“for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 14:17) (HCSB)

“I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.” Revelation 1:9 (NASB95)

“But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.” Acts 8:12 (KJV 1900)

“That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.” 1 Thessalonians 2:12 (KJV 1900)

“And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.” Acts 19:8 (KJV 1900)

“And when thy days [David] be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.” 2 Samuel 7:12–13 (KJV 1900)

“who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son,” Colossians 1:13 (NCPB)

“For the kingdom is the LORD’s: and he is the governor among the nations.” Psalm 22:28 (NCPB)
:cheer:

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think we can call the events to unfold "the settlement".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello

Hello.
Where did Jesus and the Apostles teach something future?
Where did Jesus and the Apostles not teach it?
Can you throw some scriptures my way first?

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello

There is no substance to what you are claiming. You seem to be just having an anti-Amil rant. You clearly haven't studied the early church fathers. You also notably fail to present one Scripture to support your claims. All I see is your private unsubstantiated opinion. Not only does the Scripture forbid your opinion, history does also.

There is complete silence on a millennial existence in the first 100 years after the cross apart from Papias. Remember, Revelation was a later manuscript that was not believed to have gained wide influence outside of Asia Minor for quite a while. So, the absence of these early writers exegeting it is not strange.

Contrary to what many modern Dispensationalist apologists argue, the early church writers were not mainly Premillennialist. In fact, the doctrine, which seems to have had its origin in Asia Minor, was mainly limited to that area for many yrs.

We do not have one single clear or obscure quote teaching any of the following Premillennial fundamentals in the first 120 years after the cross (pre-AD 150):
  1. The elevation of natural Israel to their old covenant place of favour over all other nations.
  2. The restoring of Israel back to her ancient borders.
  3. The return of the whole old covenant arrangement.
  4. The rebuilding of a brick temple in earthly Jerusalem.
  5. The restarting of the mass slaughter of innocent animals on the new earth.
  6. The resuscitation of the ancient old covenant priesthood again in a future millennium.
  7. Christ’s kingship and kingly reign being suspended until the second coming.
  8. The multiplication of carnal pleasures on a future new earth, involving excessive gluttony and the proliferation of procreation in the age to come.
  9. The final removal of Satan from heaven at the second coming.
  10. The binding of Satan at the second coming.
  11. His placement in the abyss for 1000 years after the second coming.
  12. The release of Satan 1,000 years+ after the second coming.
  13. The revival of Satanism 1,000 years+ after the second coming as the wicked in their billions overrun the Premil millennium.
  14. Sin continuing unabated on a future millennial earth.
  15. Corruption continuing unabated on a future millennial earth.
  16. The wicked inheriting a future millennial earth.
  17. Mortals inheriting a future millennial earth.
  18. Decay continuing unabated on a future millennial earth.
  19. The curse continuing unabated on a future millennial earth.
  20. Satan operating on a future new earth.
So, before you go any further please present your evidence. If you cannot we can dismiss your Op as bias and faulty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m sorry but that’s not true.
Mathetes (The Epistle of Mathetes), Hermas (The Shepherd of Hermas), Clement of Rome, The Didache, Barnabas, Irenaeus, and Hegesippus were all Amillennial.

They were all Amil, except Irenaeus.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Between Premil and Amil, and since both positions can't be the correct one, one of them has to be false teaching, obviously. Why can't it be Amil? Why does it have to be Premil that is false teaching?

In another post of yours you suggested that Barnabas was an Amil. Let's look at something he wrote. Who today would more than likely support what he wrote here below? Premils or Amils?
------------------------

Barnabas 15:2
And in another place He saith; If my sons observe the Sabbath then
I will bestow My mercy upon them.

Barnabas 15:3
Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And
God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the
seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Barnabas 15:4
Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years;
and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six
days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.

Barnabas 15:5
And He rested on the seventh day. this He meaneth; when His Son
shall come, and shall abolish the time of the Lawless One, and shall
judge the ungodly, and shall change the sun and the moon and the
stars, then shall he truly rest on the seventh day.

Barnabas 15:6
Yea and furthermore He saith; Thou shalt hallow it with pure hands
and with a pure heart. If therefore a man is able now to hallow
the day which God hallowed, though he be pure in heart, we have gone
utterly astray.

Barnabas 15:7
But if after all then and not till then shall we truly rest and
hallow it, when we shall ourselves be able to do so after being
justified and receiving the promise, when iniquity is no more and all
things have been made new by the Lord, we shall be able to hallow it
then, because we ourselves shall have been hallowed first.

Barnabas 15:8
Finally He saith to them; Your new moons and your Sabbaths I cannot
away with. Ye see what is His meaning ; it is not your present
Sabbaths that are acceptable [unto Me], but the Sabbath which I have
made, in the which, when I have set all things at rest, I will make
the beginning of the eighth day which is the beginning of another
world.

Barnabas 15:9
Wherefore also we keep the eighth day for rejoicing, in the which
also Jesus rose from the dead, and having been manifested ascended
into the heavens.
The Epistle of Barnabas (translation J.B. Lightfoot)
----------------------------

For example, verse 4 above. What Amil today agrees with the following from that verse, thus supports it----He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end?

He obviously took this thousand years as a literal thousand years. How many Amils today take the thousand years as a literal thousand years?

Let's look at verse 8 and the following---it is not your present Sabbaths that are acceptable [unto Me], but the Sabbath which I have made, in the which, when I have set all things at rest, I will make the beginning of the eighth day which is the beginning of another world.

Does that support Premil or Amil? Per Premil there would be an eighth day. Per Amil there wouldn't be. If there are 6000 years in this age, according to Barnabas, and that there is then a day of rest, the 7th day, then after that the beginning of a new world, meaning the eighth day, how can the 7th day not be meaning the thousand years in Revelation 20, per Barnabas' position? How can Barnabas have been Amil rather than Premil?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Between Premil and Amil, and since both positions can't be the correct one, one of them has to be false teaching, obviously. Why can't it be Amil? Why does it have to be Premil that is false teaching?

In another post of yours you suggested that Barnabas was an Amil. Let's look at something he wrote. Who today would more than likely support what he wrote here below? Premils or Amils?
------------------------

utterly astray.

world.

into the heavens.

For example, verse 4 above. What Amil today agrees with the following from that verse, thus supports it----He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end?

He obviously took this thousand years as a literal thousand years. How many Amils today take the thousand years as a literal thousand years?

Let's look at verse 8 and the following---it is not your present Sabbaths that are acceptable [unto Me], but the Sabbath which I have made, in the which, when I have set all things at rest, I will make the beginning of the eighth day which is the beginning of another world.

Does that support Premil or Amil? Per Premil there would be an eighth day. Per Amil there wouldn't be. If there are 6000 years in this age, according to Barnabas, and that there is then a day of rest, the 7th day, then after that the beginning of a new world, meaning the eighth day, how can the 7th day not be meaning the thousand years in Revelation 20, per Barnabas' position? How can Barnabas have been Amil rather than Premil?
Premillennialism is the doctrine of the Pharisees. They rejected the Gospel of the Kingdom because you have to be born-again to see it.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

------------------------

utterly astray.

world.

into the heavens.

Barnabas taught:

Therefore, my children, in six days, that is, in six thousand years, all things will be finished. “And He rested on the seventh day.” This meaneth: when His Son, coming [again], shall destroy the time of the wicked man, and judge the ungodly, and change the-sun, and the moon, and the stars, then shall He truly rest on the seventh day … when we ourselves, having received the promise, wickedness no longer existing, and all things having been made new by the Lord, shall be able to work righteousness. Then we shall be able to sanctify it, having been first sanctified ourselves.

This is the opposite to Premil where sin, death, Satan, evil and the wicked continue to operate on their alleged millennial earth.

For he who keepeth these shall be glorified in the kingdom of God; but he who chooseth other things shall be destroyed with his works. On this account there will be a resurrection, on this account a retribution … For the day is at hand on which all things shall perish with the evil [one]. The Lord is near, and His reward … be ye taught of God, inquiring diligently what the Lord asks from you; and do it that ye maybe safe in the day of judgment.

This couldn't be clearer! What day is at hand? His Second Advent! This proves that he believed Satan and all wickedness will come to an end when Jesus comes. Barnabas was Amil!

Wickedness not only survives the second coming in Premil but it prospers to the degree that sin, death, war, the wicked, corruption and Satan overwhelm your new earth. Wickedness swamps the Premil millennium, perpetrated by billions of stiff-necked rebels (as the sand of the sea) who become instant Satan worshippers after suffering 1000 years of Christ's righteous rule. This is the opposite to Amil, that believes the wicked and wickedness cease to exist at the return of Christ. Barnabas and most of the early writers believed that.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

------------------------

utterly astray.

world.

into the heavens.

Like I said in the previous post: it’s not strictly black and white or this vs that.
For example: Some Amillenniallists, such as Roman Catholics, believe in a scenario close to Post-tribulational Premillennialism.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Barnabas taught:

Therefore, my children, in six days, that is, in six thousand years, all things will be finished. “And He rested on the seventh day.” This meaneth: when His Son, coming [again], shall destroy the time of the wicked man, and judge the ungodly, and change the-sun, and the moon, and the stars, then shall He truly rest on the seventh day … when we ourselves, having received the promise, wickedness no longer existing, and all things having been made new by the Lord, shall be able to work righteousness. Then we shall be able to sanctify it, having been first sanctified ourselves.

This is the opposite to Premil where sin, death, Satan, evil and the wicked continue to operate on their alleged millennial earth.

For he who keepeth these shall be glorified in the kingdom of God; but he who chooseth other things shall be destroyed with his works. On this account there will be a resurrection, on this account a retribution … For the day is at hand on which all things shall perish with the evil [one]. The Lord is near, and His reward … be ye taught of God, inquiring diligently what the Lord asks from you; and do it that ye maybe safe in the day of judgment.

This couldn't be clearer! What day is at hand? His Second Advent! This proves that he believed Satan and all wickedness will come to an end when Jesus comes. Barnabas was Amil!

Wickedness not only survives the second coming in Premil but it prospers to the degree that sin, death, war, the wicked, corruption and Satan overwhelm your new earth. Wickedness swamps the Premil millennium, perpetrated by billions of stiff-necked rebels (as the sand of the sea) who become instant Satan worshippers after suffering 1000 years of Christ's righteous rule. This is the opposite to Amil, that believes the wicked and wickedness cease to exist at the return of Christ. Barnabas and most of the early writers believed that.

What you are ignoring is what he said in Barnabas 15:4----saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years.

And since he took the thousand years as literal, he is meaning the DOTL will involve a literal thousand years.

If common sense counts for anything, it is common sense that after 6 comes 7, and after 7 comes 8, and that 7 and 8 are not the same number. It is not common sense that after 6 comes 8 instead. If Barnabas concluded that Jesus rose on the 8th day, and that the Jews take Saturday to be meaning the 7th day, did Barnabas then think Jesus rose on Saturday the 7th day? Or did he actually know how to add correctly, thus he knew 8 comes after 7 and that 7 and 8 are not the same number, thus he was meaning Sunday being the day Jesus rose? In the same way, if there are 6000 years in this age according to Barnabas, and that there is then a 7th day and an 8th day, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Barnabas took the 7th day to be meaning the thousand years in Revelation 20, and that he took the 8th day to be meaning after the great white throne judgment.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you are ignoring is what he said in Barnabas 15:4----saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years.

And since he took the thousand years as literal, he is meaning the DOTL will involve a literal thousand years.

If common sense counts for anything, it is common sense that after 6 comes 7, and after 7 comes 8, and that 7 and 8 are not the same number. It is not common sense that after 6 comes 8 instead. If Barnabas concluded that Jesus rose on the 8th day, and that the Jews take Saturday to be meaning the 7th day, did Barnabas then think Jesus rose on Saturday the 7th day? Or did he actually know how to add correctly, thus he knew 8 comes after 7 and that 7 and 8 are not the same number, thus he was meaning Sunday being the day Jesus rose? In the same way, if there are 6000 years in this age according to Barnabas, and that there is then a 7th day and an 8th day, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Barnabas took the 7th day to be meaning the thousand years in Revelation 20, and that he took the 8th day to be meaning after the great white throne judgment.

Where in Barnabas 15:4 did he say (and I quote you): "Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years"?

You obviously have a false translation - one that fits your theology. Here is how it really reads:

It is written concerning the Sabbath in the Decalogue which [the Lord] spoke, face to face, to Moses on Mount Sinai, "And sanctify ye the Sabbath of the Lord with clean hands and a pure heart. And He says in another place, "If my sons keep the Sabbath, then will I cause my mercy to rest upon them. The Sabbath is mentioned at the beginning of the creation [thus]: "And God made in six days the works of His hands, and made an end on the seventh day, and rested on it, and sanctified it.” Attend, my children, to the meaning of this expression, He finished in six days.This implieth that the Lord will finish all things in six thousand years, for a day is with Him a thousand years. And He Himself testifieth, saying, Behold, to-day will be as a thousand years.” Therefore, my children, in six days, that is, in six thousand years, all things will be finished.And He rested on the seventh day.” This meaneth: when His Son, coming [again], shall destroy the time of the wicked man, and judge the ungodly, and change the-sun, and the moon, and the stars, then shall He truly rest on the seventh day. Moreover, He says, Thou shalt sanctify it with pure hands and a pure heart.If, therefore, any one can now sanctify the day which God hath sanctified, except he is pure in heart in all things, we are deceived. Behold, therefore: certainly then one properly resting sanctifies it, when we ourselves, having received the promise, wickedness no longer existing, and all things having been made new by the Lord, shall be able to work righteousness. Then we shall be able to sanctify it, having been first sanctified ourselves. Further, He says to them, "Your new moons and your Sabbath I cannot endure." Ye perceive how He speaks: Your present Sabbaths are not acceptable to Me, but that is which I have made, [namely this,] when, giving rest to all things, I shall make a beginning of the eighth day, that is, a beginning of another world. Wherefore, also, we keep the eighth day with joyfulness, the day also on which Jesus rose again from the dead. And when He had manifested Himself, He ascended into the heavens.

Upvote 0